2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Digby said:

That is interesting. I’m sure their marketing people are professionals and have the data or whatever. But I don’t tend to see anyone wearing Serie A teams though, compared with EPL and La Liga and even Ligue 1 now (well, PSG), not just Juve.

Yeah, I was about to say. Serie A just isn’t nearly as popular here is the EPL and the two Spanish giants. I’m not sure how much that has do with the black and white stripes.

I’ve seen more Crystal Palace shirts than Juventus. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Crystal Palace finally got rid of the yellow.

michybatshuayi1205a.jpg?w968

I don't like that. The yellow looked good, while this is a bit too bland IMO. Still a nice look, though, just not as good as the previous seasons.

ExJworW.png

6 hours ago, Digby said:

I do quite like that coral/navy color combination, but it doesn't suit Liverpool at all; hard to see that this will go down well with the supporters. I've found that New Balance's color schemes for Liverpool have left a lot to be desired. I miss the simple green and yellow base options for their away kits.

At least they aren't celebrating anniversary's a year late like adidas has been doing with Manchester United. Next year's kits will have nods to the 1999 treble winning season on them. Every single kit. The training tops for Europe will have the club badge used in the 1999 Champions League final. If United make the Europa League or FA Cup final it will not be played on the 20th anniversary, it will be played on the 21st. I blame Ed Woodward for that since he seems to be a day late and a dollar short on a lot of things lately. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anyone word when EPL 3rd kits might leak?

I wanted to get a Chelsea Pulisic this year, but I don't like Chelsea home kits this year that look like a Hawaiian shirt, or all-over Jordan III style elephant print and it seems the white/away kit is gonna be collared and I'm not a fan of wearing collard jerseys. If the Alts are ugly I might have to wait until 2020/21.

few things to catch up on here:

wow. I tell you what, i have loved palaces look for quite a while. i really like it with yellow. But i like it even more with white. Just wish they didnt have that horrifying sponsor on the front, otherwise i love it.

Liverpool i dont understand. I speak in general, teams change kits should still be relatively similar to the home strip. by that I mean, tottehnham in a navy kit, chelsea in white, maybe it's my american sports mind at work, but teams have identities and it should be Home, Away, Change. And clashes happen, thats why you have 3 kits. but for the "reds" of liverpool, to only have one kit with red on it is stupid. The change could bethe same design except replace the blue with red and bang its beautiful (coral could be something else, BFBS?) It annoys me like crazy that teams don't stick to their brands.

Juventus: From the front i really like it. And it makes sense on a marketing standpoint. but the back is SO ugly, i just cant love it. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

19 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

few things to catch up on here:

Liverpool i dont understand. I speak in general, teams change kits should still be relatively similar to the home strip. by that I mean, tottehnham in a navy kit, chelsea in white, maybe it's my american sports mind at work, but teams have identities and it should be Home, Away, Change. And clashes happen, thats why you have 3 kits. but for the "reds" of liverpool, to only have one kit with red on it is stupid. The change could bethe same design except replace the blue with red and bang its beautiful (coral could be something else, BFBS?) It annoys me like crazy that teams don't stick to their brands.

Teams traditionally picked a second uniform that didn't match up with their primary uniform and those of their rivals. That's why Liverpool's traditional second kits were variations of green or yellow with white or red accents. Third kits technically speaking wouldn't be needed if teams kept this up, but in the case of Liverpool and Manchester City, they have second kits that matched Manchester united's second kit which was white jerseys and socks matched with the black socks. Those old secondary kits are as much of their brand as the primary uniform and that's why Spurs fans get worked up over shirt sponsors in Arsenal colors. I don't think the secondary or third kit should look like a recolored version of the home jerseys and I abhor all white unless it's been part of that team's culture. That's my biggest gripe with the MLS seconds this year. A set rotation of the team kits makes more sense. When United was with Umbro and Nike you  could trust them to stay on a set rotation of white, royal blue and black. adidas has thrown that idea out and the Glazers are fine with it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

First Liverpool kits in history was white (also half white/light blue) with navy shorts since Liverpool was born from Everton (Yes, Everton broken into two clubs), so it might be a nod to that.

4r2eer.png

22 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

First Liverpool kits in history was white (also half white/light blue) with navy shorts since Liverpool was born from Everton (Yes, Everton broken into two clubs), so it might be a nod to that.

Well, not really. 

Liverpool FC was formed when one of the directors (who owned the stadium) got into a dispute with the others over his rental terms.  The team moved out, and he formed a brand-new team for his now-empty stadium. 

Everton had been wearing red and white, so the new Liverpool club chose blue.   Then Everton went back to blue, so Liverpool switched to red.

Yes, but not whole team moved out, few guys from Everton stays with stadium and based on this Liverpool FC was founded (which originally supposed to be named Everton Athletics, but FA refused that). So we could say that LFC in some way was born from Everton.

4r2eer.png

On 5/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, VikWings said:

Anyone word when EPL 3rd kits might leak?

I wanted to get a Chelsea Pulisic this year, but I don't like Chelsea home kits this year that look like a Hawaiian shirt, or all-over Jordan III style elephant print and it seems the white/away kit is gonna be collared and I'm not a fan of wearing collard jerseys. If the Alts are ugly I might have to wait until 2020/21.

That third kit will have the Vapor Untouchable neck as well. That's Nike's thing for 3rd kits this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yes, but not whole team moved out, few guys from Everton stays with stadium and based on this Liverpool FC was founded (which originally supposed to be named Everton Athletics, but FA refused that). So we could say that LFC in some way was born from Everton.

Other than Houlding, who stayed?  No players. 

I think you’re really reaching for a connection that’s not supported by the facts. Nobody believes Liverpool FC was a breakaway from Everton.  Not the FA, not either club.  

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Other than Houlding, who stayed?  No players. 

I think you’re really reaching for a connection that’s not supported by the facts. Nobody believes Liverpool FC was a breakaway from Everton.  Not the FA, not either club.  

Someone does because I've heard that story. People also refuse to acknowledge MK Dons are the old Wimbledon.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Liverpool F.C. was formed on the 15th of March 1892. It was at John Houlding's house in Anfield Road that he and his closest friends left from Everton FC, formed a new club. William.E.Barclay, a great football enthusiast, strongly suggested that they should go on with a new name: Liverpool.

source: https://web.archive.org/web/20120907184403/http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/timeline/1892-1917/liverpool-football-club-is-formed

4r2eer.png

FC Bayern formally unveiled their new kit. It will be worn this Saturday on the first “decision day” in the Bundesliga in a long time. I’m pretty indifferent towards it. It’s nice. It’s a Bayern kit. The pattern is evocative of the Allianz Arena (which is of course inspired by the Bavarian flag). But there’s nothing really remarkable about it, in my opinion. It could do with some white or blue accents. I prefer this year’s shirt. Of course, the supporters had an entire campaign stating “wir wollen rot und weisse trikots” and this kit is indeed as red as it gets.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived