My take on MLB/Nike 2020 (Mets, Twins, and Pirates added)

csura999

On 3/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, csura999 said:

Thank you! I appreciate it.

You're right about that. I'll probably end up changing that on the final product.

Teaser #3, this time featuring the Cleveland Indians...

9085xs.png

On 3/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, csura999 said:

Thank you! I appreciate it.

You're right about that. I'll probably end up changing that on the final product.

Teaser #3, this time featuring the Cleveland Indians...

9085xs.png

I love the 80’s Indians block C logo.  When are you going to post the Indians uniform concept?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback, guys! @NicDB, I already have all these splash image-type things done ahead of time, but not all of them use the downtown skyline, but that's a really good point! If I do that again, I'll make sure to vary it up, a bit.

@Flames1fan, this week for Tampa Bay. @hutchins75, this week for Cleveland as well.

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 12/30: The Seattle Mariners.

15qb0pc.png

The Seattle Mariners get a simplified look under Nike. The double outlines around the word marks, cap logo, name on back, and numbers are all removed for a more streamlined look. The "S" on the cap is silver with a single "Northwest Green" outline. New/old cap logo comparison.

The home whites are "NWG (Northwest Green)," heavy--the "MARINERS" word mark, number, and name on back are "NWG" surrounded by a navy outline. The road uniforms still read "SEATTLE" but are simply navy surrounded by "NWG." The home alternates remain the same, and the road alternates get the same treatment: Silver "SEATTLE" word mark, number, and name on back surrounded by a single "NWG" outline. Also a change with the road alternates, is the use of silver piping on the jersey, like their older alternates.

Two caps will be worn: Navy with a contrasting "NWG" squacthee and brim to be worn at home, and an all-navy cap to be worn on the road.

Home:

vwy0ly.png

Away:

4ht539.png

Home alternate:

290vfq1.png

Away alternate:

5e9y6d.png

On 4/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, csura999 said:

Thanks @nino21220! Appreciate it.

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 9/30: The New York Mets.

eqcehh.png

The New York Mets uniforms remain essentially the same even with Nike taking over. They did an excellent job back in 2012 by dropping all traces of black from their uniform set--again looking as the Mets should: Strictly blue and orange.

I did further streamline the uniform set, however. I dropped the blue alternate that said "NEW YORK" across it and opted for the blue alternate that reads "Mets" across it to be worn both at home and on the road. The home pinstripes and the road jerseys remain the same as they currently do. They will also wear their standard all-blue cap with the orange squatchee with all of their uniforms--no need for the caps with the orange brims, anymore.

Home:

29kxflc.png

Away:

3306asx.png

Home alternate:

156fehv.png

Away alternate:

a3nhy0.png

I'm one of the rare commenters who actually love the Mets' current road alts with "New York" on them - but your set is outstanding without them.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, csura999 said:

vxhswk.png

Amazing work! Can you post another that shows off the colors more? Maroon and royal blue looks awesome, and I would love to see the Phillies go with it.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, csura999 said:

@coco1997 @itsmb8

140i6fn.png

vcq4gh.png

Away:

2r3eblv.png

Home alternate:

5aey53.png

Away alternate:

25pr3w1.png

I would love to see Sedona Red replace the black here. I think that would be the winning color combo for Arizona. Black trim at the most.

The Angels concept might be one of the best Angels concepts on these boards (ever).

I like the Reds and Mariners very much. Pirates look great with a regular block font. Twins look great back in pinstripes (though I wish the M hat was included somehow). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:04 PM, daveindc said:

Amazing work! Can you post another that shows off the colors more? Maroon and royal blue looks awesome, and I would love to see the Phillies go with it.

I would love to see Sedona Red replace the black here. I think that would be the winning color combo for Arizona. Black trim at the most.

The only thing that is missing is the snakehead with the ball in the mouth on the sleeves.  

• 4 weeks later...

Now that school is done with, I can get back to this project which has not been abandoned! Hahaha. I am back, finally! I have had all these uniforms completed since about late-March, early-April and now just have the time to post all of these.

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 13/30: The Colorado Rockies.

24m9eae.png

The Colorado Rockies get a refreshed look under Nike. Notably gone from their color scheme is black. I always felt with their uniforms that black competed with purple and often overtook it, so I decided to do away with it. This in turn lets purple shine as the primary color, and clearly establishes silver as the secondary color. The hat, under shirts, and socks of all the uniforms are now purple instead of black.

The wordmarks and scripts have a touch of "Western" feel to them. The home uniforms remain the traditional purple pinstripes. The road uniforms are similar to what they currently wear (same piping), but have updated wordmarks. The white home alternate is basically a white version of their road uniforms (with "ROCKIES" across the front--a fresh look to give the Coors Field fans a bit of a different look. The purple alternates can be worn both at home (with their home alternate pants) and on the road and feature silver piping.

Home:

2mxmvcg.png

Away:

2s1oo4m.png

Home alternate 1:

6zc64i.png

Home alternate 2:

ek2ooy.png

Away alternate:

24ctyr8.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, coco1997 said:

Glad to have you back, dude! And great update to the Rockies. This is one of your better redesigns so far. Looking forward to more!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 14/30: The Cleveland Indians.

wbuxxt.png

The Cleveland Indians go with a retro-inspired look. Their shade of red is slighter darker than every other team's, which sets them apart a little bit. The home uniforms will retain the red under shirts and socks, while the road uniforms will have navy under shirts and socks. That is a quirk I always enjoyed with their uniform sets--it's a nod to the successful Tribe teams of the 90's, and of recent years.

The home whites get an "Indians" script that is reminiscent of the uniforms worn by Bob Feller during the 1940's. The road greys have "CLEVELAND" in block lettering across the front, representing the no-frills, blue-collar attitude of the city of Cleveland. The navy blue alternate can be worn both at home and on the road. The sock stripes are inspired by the ones the Indians wore during the 40's. I'm a huge fan of striped socks: It completes the old-school look I wanted to go for when it came to Cleveland.

Also of note, are the road uniforms having a faux-flannel pattern on them: A touch that gives this uniform set another touch of old-school flair.

Home:

2aguw6b.png

Away:

2cgbsy9.png

Home alternate:

2ltofag.png

Away alternate:

2qbd5ja.png

Indians look fantastic. I think navy piping on the placket and sleeves for the home whites would look and feel better than the red, although that’s just my personal preference. Love the red lettering and numbers on the road, and the sock striping. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 15/30: The New York Yankees

v8q07m.jpg

The New York Yankees have perhaps baseball's most iconic home uniform. There is something about the gorgeous pinstripes with the interlocking "NY" on the front. It's timeless. The road uniforms to me however, leave a lot to be desired. Back in 1973, they added a white outline around "NEW YORK" and and the numbers and added the thick sleeve cuffs that still exist on them to this day. They don't look as classic or as timeless as their home uniforms.

I did my part to change that. I dropped the white outline around "NEW YORK" and the numbers, leaving just a navy blue wordmark and number on the greys--reminiscent of the road uniforms worn up until '73. Such greats such as Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, and Joe DiMaggio wore similar uniforms--now Stanton, Judge, and Severino get to do the same. As an added touch, their road greys get the faux-flannel treatment--another element to put that old school touch on them.

Home:

5vwuqd.png

Away:

r77szn.png

Just two uniforms for the Bronx Bombers... Keep it simple for them.

• 2 months later...

Archived