2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So, Have the KD to The Knicks rumors started yet? 

Have people talked about visiting the moon?

Who's going to be the next Batman?

What's the deal with Game of Thrones?

Do you think Facebook will take off?

I wonder about electric cars!

Come on man. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If KD opted in and the Warriors didn't want him and they bought him out, would that salary still count against the cap?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So, if no teams offer KD max (unlikely), he could opt in for a year and nuke the Warriors next season, right?

It seems like that's his best option; sit out 2019, rest and rehab, and sign a new max with an assumed cap bump (even if minor) in 2020. He wouldn't really even need to work out for teams next season. The Knicks would max him sight unseen no matter what.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

So, if no teams offer KD max (unlikely), he could opt in for a year and nuke the Warriors next season, right?

It seems like that's his best option; sit out 2019, rest and rehab, and sign a new max with an assumed cap bump (even if minor) in 2020. He wouldn't really even need to work out for teams next season. The Knicks would max him sight unseen no matter what.

No.  June 29 is the last day for decisions on player, team and early termination options, unless individual contracts specify otherwise. The moratorium starts the night of June 30 at 6PM.

Here are the dates:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/when-does-nba-free-agency-begin-when-nba-draft-important-2019-offseason-dates-wizards

17 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

No.  June 29 is the last day for decisions on player, team and early termination options, unless individual contracts specify otherwise. The moratorium starts the night of June 30 at 6PM. 

Here are the dates:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/when-does-nba-free-agency-begin-when-nba-draft-important-2019-offseason-dates-wizards

Ah, got it. So you can't weigh other offers that haven't been offered yet (wink, wink) against your existing player option. That makes sense.

So, based on this, KD's best option is to sign a new deal and not opt in ($31.5 to stay vs. $38+ for a new deal): https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/early-maximum-salary-projections-for-201920.html

A player signing with a new team (5% annual raises, up to four years):

Year 6 years or less 7-9 years 10+ years
2019/20 $27,250,000 $32,700,000 $38,150,000
2020/21 $28,612,500 $34,335,000 $40,057,500
2021/22 $29,975,000 $35,970,000 $41,965,000
2022/23 $31,337,500 $37,605,000 $43,872,500
Total $117,175,000 $140,610,000 $164,045,000

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ah, got it. So you can't weigh other offers that haven't been offered yet (wink, wink) against your existing player option. That makes sense.

So, based on this, KD's best option is to sign a new deal and not opt in: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/early-maximum-salary-projections-for-201920.html

A player signing with a new team (5% annual raises, up to four years):

Year 6 years or less 7-9 years 10+ years
2019/20 $27,250,000 $32,700,000 $38,150,000
2020/21 $28,612,500 $34,335,000 $40,057,500
2021/22 $29,975,000 $35,970,000 $41,965,000
2022/23 $31,337,500 $37,605,000 $43,872,500
Total $117,175,000 $140,610,000 $164,045,000

Only the Warriors can offer him a fifth year. 

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Only the Warriors can offer him a fifth year. 

Right.

So, it really is all different now. If KD feels some kind of Bay Area pride, he can stay in Golden State and tie up their cap for a year. Or, Golden State can be brutal and not offer him a max extension. Which, technically, he wouldn't know until after he could opt in or out, correct?

Predictions on major free agents/AD

Anthony Davis: Celtics

Kevin Durant: Warriors

Kawhi Leonard: Clippers

Kemba Walker: Hornets

Kyrie Irving: Nets

Klay Thompson: Warriors

Jimmy Butler: 76ers

52 minutes ago, JG36 said:

Predictions on major free agents/AD

Anthony Davis: Celtics

Kevin Durant: Warriors

Kawhi Leonard: Clippers

Kemba Walker: Hornets

Kyrie Irving: Nets

Klay Thompson: Warriors

Jimmy Butler: 76ers

it's going to be really hard for Kawhi to leave.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Honestly, I hate to make jokes about this, but a catastrophic season-ending injury to a player that’s not even on your team yet is peak Knicks.

“We’re getting Kyrie, KD, and Zion” 

And three strikes and your out!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm as rose-colored a Lakers fan as any, but they need someone to go there and there's been no evidence that anyone is.

Maybe they trade for AD. LeBron, AD, and two of Hart/Kuz/Lonzo/Ingram is a start, but is that better than the Rockets, Blazers or a triumphant Warriors rise from the ashes?

Of the impact FAs available, Kemba seems to want to stay in Charlotte (why?), Kyrie is heading to Boston, Klay and KD are mostly done for next year, and Butler is going to stay in Philly.

So outside of guys like Tobias Harris, what's left is Kawhi, and who the hell knows what he's up to.

Based on today's rosters, I'm thinking Milwaukee is the safest bet.

I’m going with Milwaukee aswell, I don’t think the lakers can do anything to get the best chance odds. At most they get AD but destroy any depth they have, with that I still think they can’t get a top 4 seed in the west. As for the other free agents, Kyrie to Nets, KD and Klay stay, Kemba stays, and Butler might stay, honestly he seems like a toxicity in the locker room and I don’t think he’ll make much a difference to any team he joins. Remember he was the 3rd and maybe the 4th option on the Sixers, (maybe) Harris, (but definitely) Simmons, and Embiid are all better. 

Id say my odds for who wins it, are Bucks first, followed by (in order) 

Toronto

Houston

Denver

Portland

Golden state

San Antonio

Philadelphia

Boston (WO Kyrie)

OKC

Brooklyn (W Kyrie)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

8 minutes ago, Wings said:

The Lakers will always be the NBA champs in ESPN's heart 😍😘🤑

Talking about the Lakers, sure. Rooting for their success? I don't know about that.

Woj has a long-standing beef with LeBron about access. Now that James is with LA, there was a whole lot more "boy, the Lakers sure are :censored:ed!" reporting this season than in any of the latter-day Kobe years. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Archived