buzzcut

2019 NBA Summer season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Point is they built around young players that they already had (Pierce, Rondo, Perkins).  Garnett & Allen were just the pieces that put them over the top. 

 

They didn't "build" around Rondo and Perkins. Get out of here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

If it was the "exact same way", then remind me again what young homegrown talent the Lakers are building around? 

The 2 are nothing alike because 1 team kept their core and built around them, while the other blew it up in favor of signing some flashy big names. 

 

You’re grasping at straws, my dude. Fans from your own team don’t even agree with your argument. 

 

Had the Celtics done this (trading their young core and assuming Kyrie wasn’t about to bolt for Brooklyn), you’d be thrilled. 

 

Just admit you don’t like the trade because it’s the Lakers, which is a perfectly respectable opinion.

 

Don’t bs us here on CCSLC with a contender for the weakest of the weak arguments award. 

 

PS: lol @ “some flashy big names”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, who do you think said:

 

They didn't "build" around Rondo and Perkins. Get out of here.

They :censored:ing drafted them. Yes they did. 

If they traded them for +Pierce for Garnett/Allen that'd that'd be more apt. 

 

4 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

You’re grasping at straws, my dude. Fans from your own team don’t even agree with your argument. 

 

Had the Celtics done this (trading their young core and assuming Kyrie wasn’t about to bolt for Brooklyn), you’d be thrilled. 

 

Just admit you don’t like the trade because it’s the Lakers, which is a perfectly respectable opinion.

 

Don’t bs us here on CCSLC with a contender for the weakest of the weak arguments award. 

 

PS: lol @ “some flashy big names”. 

This is the first place I've seen where people have absolutely no problem with the Lakers so blatantly trying to buy a championship by stacking their team with every top name on the market.

 And Ainge wasn't stupid, greedy or desperate enough to blow up his young core for 1 guy like the Lakers. And if he did, I would be pissed.  

 

Seriously, name me 4 players young players that on still on the Lakers that they drafted. Funny how no one has been able to answer that yet despite being such a "weak argument". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

We might want to pump the brakes a bit on this stance for now. Klay is going to be out for a stretch, and who even knows what’s going to happen with KD, but it’s not like they were just a bunch of lucky schlubs in some middling market. They’ve still got a two-time MVP and one of the best shooters in the league in Steph, are just about to move into a brand new billion dollar building in one of the most well known cities in the country, and are coming off of five consecutive Finals appearances that led to three titles and had them raking in cash hand over fist. You’re probably not being very wise if you think they’re just going to fade off into obscurity and not try to make a big splash this off season. 

 

But, who knows? They might just let EVERYONE take next year off. Tank for a draft pick, and come back in year two in The City with dynasty 2.0 😝

 

Yeah... like where the hell is all of this coming from? Losing Durant and Thompson is big, but I still have them getting somewhere in the top half of playoff seeds. The Warriors will still be dangerous.

 

I can't say who won the Davis trade as I need to actually see how this all pans out for both sides. But man! Lonzo is out of LA? LOL get :censored:ing rekt, LaVar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

They :censored:ing drafted them. Yes they did. 

If they traded them for +Pierce for Garnett/Allen that'd that'd be more apt. 

 

This is the first place I've seen where people have absolutely no problem with the Lakers so blatantly trying to buy a championship by stacking their team with every top name on the market.

 And Ainge wasn't stupid, greedy or desperate enough to blow up his young core for 1 guy like the Lakers. And if he did, I would be pissed.  

 

Seriously, name me 4 players young players that on still on the Lakers that they drafted. Funny how no one has been able to answer that yet despite being such a "weak argument". 

 

It’s a weak argument because it doesn’t matter. 

 

If the Lakers win a title with AD and LeBron, no one is going to care that Kuzma is the lone good young player left that was drafted by them. 

 

There isn’t going to be an asterisk next the Lakers name if they win a title saying, “it’s undeserving because they only had 4 players on their roster that were drafted by the team”.

 

And to answer your question, Kuz, Caruso, Bonga and Wagner are the only remaining players that were drafted by the Lakers (Caruso might have been undrafted, I’m not sure). What a quartet tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

It’s a weak argument because it doesn’t matter. 

 

If the Lakers win a title with AD and LeBron, no one is going to care that Kuzma is the lone good young player left that was drafted by them. 

 

There isn’t going to be an asterisk next the Lakers name if they win a title saying, “it’s undeserving because they only had 4 players on their roster that were drafted by the team”.

 

And to answer your question, Kuz, Caruso, Bonga and Wagner are the only remaining players that were drafted by the Lakers (Caruso might have been undrafted, I’m not sure). What a quartet tho. 

It's a lazy, cheap, undeserving way to win a championship. 

What effort was point in to win the that title when you have 1 top player falling into your lap, then sell out all the things you actually did put effort into so you can throw money at even more top players. 

 

It's a slap in the face to all the teams who actually do put in all that effort to scout, draft, and develop players, while getting talent to support them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this logic, the 2012 and 2013 Heat were built around Mario Chalmers and Udonis Haslem, while LeBron James and Chris Bosh were ancillary parts Miami went out and got just to "put the team over the top".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, who do you think said:

According to this logic, the 2012 and 2013 Heat were built around Norris Cole and Udonis Haslem, while LeBron James and Chris Bosh were ancillary parts Miami went out and got just to "put the team over the top".

That's some incredible hoops you'd have to jump to thought to equate the 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

It's a lazy, cheap, undeserving way to win a championship. 

What effort was point in to win the that title when you have 1 top player falling into your lap, then sell out all the things you actually did put effort into so you can throw money at even more top players. 

 

It's a slap in the face to all the teams who actually do put in all that effort to scout, draft, and develop players, while getting talent to support them. 

 

🤦‍♂️ 

 

Did the Lakers just not trade a bunch of young, drafted talent in the past two seasons that they themselves developed??   

 

I just don’t understand man.. What is even this argument. What am I missing. 

 

None of this matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

🤦‍♂️ 

 

Did the Lakers just not trade a bunch of young, drafted talent in the past two seasons that they themselves developed??   

 

I just don’t understand man.. What is even this argument. What am I missing. 

 

None of this matters. 

 

I'm with you. I think he just hates the Lakers.

 

I kind of wonder for a dude that's a Boston sports fan ,what does he have to complain about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

🤦‍♂️ 

 

Did the Lakers just not trade a bunch of young, drafted talent in the past two seasons that they themselves developed??   

 

I just don’t understand man.. What is even this argument. What am I missing. 

 

None of this matters. 

What's so hard to understand?

 

Lakers had Lebron fall into their lap. 

Instead of building around him with the young core they drafted & spent years developing, they threw them all away for 1 guy, and so they can throw money for more top players. 

 

Say the Lakers do win the Championship, how many players on that team were actually drafted & developed by them, and how many were either traded for or signed? 

That's a lazy, cheap way to try win a championship. 

And again, a slap in the face to all the teams that actually do put the time & effort into building a team from the ground up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

This is the first place I've seen where people have absolutely no problem with the Lakers so blatantly trying to buy a championship by stacking their team with every top name on the market.

Ok. Let me answer this for ya. 

 

It’s about being consistent. The Lakers did what anyone else would do. They had players they flipped for better talent. This isn’t some magical thing only the Lakers can do. It’s how you run a damn team.

People are getting on your case because you’re blasting the Lakers for doing pretty much what your Celtics did to win their last NBA Championship. It reeks of hypocrisy on your part. 

And the thing is the Celtics weren’t wrong to do what they did either. They flipped players for better players to improve the team. Good for them! Don’t start excusing it while bashing the Lakers though because damn. That’s Doublethink that would make George Orwell give you a round of applause. I feel for our level-headed Celtics fans here who have to try and explain this to you. 

 

And let’s just call a spade a spade while we’re here. You’re a Celtics fan. There’s a rivalry with the Lakers. And your past posts in previous NBA Playoff threads show you kind of hate LeBron James for petty reasons. 

So the reasons for your hypocrisy are on full display and it’s not helping your case in the least.  

 

35 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That's a lazy, cheap way to try win a championship. 

And again, a slap in the face to all the teams that actually do put the time & effort into building a team from the ground up. 

Look dude. I was in that headspace once. And then I realized it’s an idealized and warped way to look at sports that in no way reflects the realities of any pro league. 

A front office will do whatever they can to improve the team they’ve been hired to run. That’s all anyone, from their employers to the team’s fans, can ask of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

😲 You mean they didn't sell out all their young talent for a team composed entirely of top veteran players? 

 

Uhhh that's exactly what they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, who do you think said:

 

Uhhh that's exactly what they did.

So why were guys like Perkins, Pierce & Rondo still on the team? 

To equate it to what the Lakers did, they would have traded all of them. 

Saying it's the same is a ridiculously ignorant way to look at it.  

 

 

And no this has nothing to do with the whole Lakers/Celtics rivalry. As I said before, it always just pisses me off when a team goes out and build a team comprised of like 98% top players that they bought. 

 

......But I get it. Some Teams don't give a :censored: and will do absolutely whatever it takes to win. No matter how cheap, lazy, or greedy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sports aren’t that important, my dude.

 

54 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Saying it's the same is a ridiculously ignorant way to look at it.  

 

Trying to say that there are not any similarities between the two is woefully ignorant and hypocritical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So why were guys like Perkins, Pierce & Rondo still on the team? 

To equate it to what the Lakers did, they would have traded all of them. 

Saying it's the same is a ridiculously ignorant way to look at it.  

 

 

And no this has nothing to do with the whole Lakers/Celtics rivalry. As I said before, it always just pisses me off when a team goes out and build a team comprised of like 98% top players that they bought. 

 

......But I get it. Some Teams don't give a :censored: and will do absolutely whatever it takes to win. No matter how cheap, lazy, or greedy. 

Pierce was an old veteran, it was built on the veteran big 3, they lead the team and brought guys like rondo and Perkins along. They weren’t who they became without the Big 3 developing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

We might want to pump the brakes a bit on this stance for now. Klay is going to be out for a stretch, and who even knows what’s going to happen with KD, but it’s not like they were just a bunch of lucky schlubs in some middling market. They’ve still got a two-time MVP and one of the best shooters in the league in Steph, are just about to move into a brand new billion dollar building in one of the most well known cities in the country, and are coming off of five consecutive Finals appearances that led to three titles and had them raking in cash hand over fist. You’re probably not being very wise if you think they’re just going to fade off into obscurity and not try to make a big splash this off season. 

 

But, who knows? They might just let EVERYONE take next year off. Tank for a draft pick, and come back in year two in The City with dynasty 2.0 😝

My meaning was less that they will fade into obscurity and more that they likely won’t be an active title contender this year. They’ll sign people, but none will be as good as Klay or KD. They’re still a playoff team, but I think they’ll be bounced in the second round.

 

After that, they’ll be back in full force (with or without KD) and our one year of parity in the West will be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't this Lakers trade the same they tried with New Orleans a few months ago?

 

They're going to basically be starting two players and a bunch of scrubs. Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.