Surprise EPL result of Week 1 (Part 1)

Watford 0-3 Brighton and Hove Albion - I don't think anyone other than Brighton fans saw this as a possibility, no matter how many realities they looked into.

Surprise EPL result of Week 1 (Part 2)

Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - When it looks like a whooping but your goalkeeper made 7 saves, was it really?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crystal. Palace.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Champions League group stage draw was held today:

GROUP A

• Paris Saint-Germain
  • Real Madrid
  • Club Brugge
  • Galatasaray

GROUP B

• Bayern Munich
  • Tottenham Hotspur
  • Olympiakos
  • Red Star Belgrade

GROUP C

• Manchester City
  • Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Dimano Zagreb
  • Atalanta

GROUP D

• Juventus
  • Atletico Madrid
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Lokomotiv Moscow

GROUP E

• Liverpool
  • Napoli
  • FC Salzburg
  • Genk

GROUP F

• Barcelona
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Inter Milan
  • Slavia Prague

GROUP G

• Zenit St. Petersburg
  • Benfica
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • RB Leipzig

GROUP H

• Chelsea
  • Ajax
  • Valencia
  • Lille

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely ridiculous VAR call against Spurs there. I’m pro VAR aim general but it seems refs have no idea what “clear and obvious error” means. It means that if it goes to VAR, and there’s any more than like a 10% doubt, the call stands. 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

AFAIK, offsides with VAR is decided with hawk-eye technology like tennis line calls, not a referee looking at a screen and deciding wether it’s a  ‘clear and obvious’ error

This is correct. Plus, angles on screen are deceptive when shown on TV. That's why sometimes a player looks on when they're off. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

The best news of this Monday morning: Bundesliga rights are headed to ESPN (mostly ESPN+) from next season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2019/09/30/espn-and-bundesliga-sign-six-year-us-television-deal/#18370be2543d

This bit is also amazing.

The long-term agreement also includes live coverage of the season-kickoff DFL Supercup, rights to Bundesliga 2 matches, as well as on-demand surround programming such as highlights and magazine shows.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Solksjaer doesn’t look long for this world. First match after the break is Liverpool as well. 

Marco Silva still might beat him to the sack though. Everton are terrible, selling Idrissa Gueye has (predictably) killed their midfield. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Danny Mills trying to say that the Super Cup is on the same level as the Community Shield, and that he’s “not sure” if what Klopp has accomplished puts him next to Liverpool’s best ever managers. 

Liverpool fans are given to hyperbole (see: calling Naby Keita a “generational talent”), but if you’re still trying to claim what Klopp’s done at Liverpool is somehow not impressive you’ve clearly not watched Liverpool over the last few years. 

spacer.png

Archived