2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Anyone else feel like they should suck it up and replace the kickoff?  It's become the least relevant play in football IMO.

Wisconsin still uses it as a way to start inside the 20.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks like America’s Team is going to the Rose Bowl.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

No, Tournament of Roses may accept team you for America's Game with your loss at Illinois

The Illinois loss is why I have no business complaining.  But it’s annoying to see Penn State be the beneficiary.

POTD (Shared)

The Bosa brothers, then Chase Young...Ohio State keeps finding beast edge rushers.  And damn good everything else.  They.  Are.  #1.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

33 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

The Bosa brothers, then Chase Young...Ohio State keeps finding beast edge rushers.  And damn good everything else.  They.  Are.  #1.

If the committee looks at each half in detail, Ohio State may be #1. I still think LSU jumps them though because they finally played a complete game today. I think the most amazing stat is 4 of the teams Ohio State played were in championship games today. None of the others played one.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

48 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The Illinois loss is why I have no business complaining.  But it’s annoying to see Penn State be the beneficiary.

There is more $$$ in Minnesota.

Should a team from the Big Ten or Pac-12 be selected to go to the College Football Playoff, the Tournament of Roses will traditionally select the next-highest CFP-ranked team from that conference. There is, however, a caveat to that clause in the contract.

https://tournamentofroses.com/rose-bowl-game-presented-by-northwestern-mutual-selection-procedures/

I guess it depends on how they define "several" spots because Minnesota is at 18 and Penn State is at 10, which doesn't feel close enough to say they're in a cluster within several spots of each other.  I'd go Wisconsin, frankly.  It'd be one thing if they got blown out but they shouldn't be punished for playing that extra game when they played pretty damn well.  Plus, in the interest of a close game, I think Minnesota is the least likely to provide one against Oregon.  It'll be interesting to keep an eye on the Sugar Bowl as well.  Is Georgia going to slide down below Florida and end up in the Orange Bowl?  Obviously head-to-head is important but Georgia's got some bad losses.  Frankly, I'd like to see Florida in the Orange Bowl more.

IUe6Hvh.png

10 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Anyone else feel like they should suck it up and replace the kickoff?  It's become the least relevant play in football IMO.

It sped things up in the AAF, but I know most fans want to keep it because there's that one time a year that a player will go 100 yards for a TD.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It sped things up in the AAF, but I know most fans want to keep it because there's that one time a year that a player will go 100 yards for a TD.

It's both the most boring and most dangerous play. I'm on the anti-kickoff train these days.

I'm fine with getting rid of the kickoffs.  The Georgia/LSU game took roughly three days to play, as is the usual for the CBS 3:30 game, and if they're not going to get the commercial breaks under control, they need to cut some time from somewhere.

I really thought after the AAF there would be a stronger push to eliminate kickoffs because it was better without them.

IUe6Hvh.png

10 minutes ago, See Red said:

I'm fine with getting rid of the kickoffs.  The Georgia/LSU game took roughly three days to play, as is the usual for the CBS 3:30 game, and if they're not going to get the commercial breaks under control, they need to cut some time from somewhere.

I really thought after the AAF there would be a stronger push to eliminate kickoffs because it was better without them.

I'm still mad about the A-State game I attended where there was a TD, commercial, kickoff, commercial, three-and-out, commercial. Football needs to die.

43 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm still mad about the A-State game I attended where there was a TD, commercial, kickoff, commercial, three-and-out, commercial. Football needs to die.

I think they need more 30 second cut scenes rather than 4 minutes of commercial time. But unfortunately, that'll just mean 30 second cut scene, kickoff, 4 minutes of commercial time, 3 and out, 4 minutes of commercials instead of allowing fans 30 seconds to run to the fridge before the first offensive play, 3 and out, punt and then right to the next offensive play.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

56 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they need more 30 second cut scenes rather than 4 minutes of commercial time. But unfortunately, that'll just mean 30 second cut scene, kickoff, 4 minutes of commercial time, 3 and out, 4 minutes of commercials instead of allowing fans 30 seconds to run to the fridge before the first offensive play, 3 and out, punt and then right to the next offensive play.

Don't stop the game clock after every First Down to get the chain gang situated. If the old men in the NFL can do it, some of those same dudes can move quicker on Saturdays.

That would cut minutes of real time instantly.

22 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Don't stop the game clock after every First Down to get the chain gang situated. If the old men in the NFL can do it, some of those same dudes can move quicker on Saturdays.

That would cut minutes of real time instantly.

I'm also trying to start a bandwagon where we don't stop the clock after every incompletion. Who wants on?!

Archived