2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh hey, look, the Blackhawks are finally playing their second game of the season. Such a weird start to the schedule due to the trip overseas. It's like they're basically starting the season over again.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Boat floater: Tonight's Ducks-Bruins game is on at 6pm UK time! And it's listed as a free game on the NHL website, so with any luck I might get home in time to watch it.

Great for the Brits, but slightly inconvenient for the West Coasters with a 10 a.m. start (where Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving isn't a thing). However, I'm making due at the office. 😎

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I’m sure I am missing something obvious, but why are there NHL games going on right now on a Monday afternoon?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, TorinK92 said:

Thanksgiving/Columbus day

Oh...yeah...Actually I wish US thanksgiving was in October.  Better spread from Christmas and for us the north, better weather.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

That third period was frustrating to watch. So many opportunities but a couple too many screwups. They practically handed Pastrnak's third goal to him on a platter.

The one game I get to watch, too. f***'s sake :lol:

First half of the game, the Ducks got Halak'd. Second half of the game, the Ducks got Pasta'd. What can you do? :shrug:

Overall, the Ducks split their road trip, which is always the goal, and if they keep playing like they did today (except the power play, which is 0-13 to start the year (why can the Ducks *never* have power play success... three different coaches, and the same crap, ugh.)), they'll be just fine going forward.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/6/2019 at 12:34 AM, ninersdd said:

0-3, brutal start for the Sharks. LaBanc did the "controller disconnect" defense on the Ducks 3rd goal. 

While I fully expect San Jose to finish the season in a playoff spot, the idea of having any extra chance at the draft lottery is one of the few things I can get excited about this season.

Good game and good win last night in Toronto. Jackets jumped out to a 2-0 lead which included a short handed goal, Leafs came back with 3 unanswered including a shorty of their own, Jackets tied it up in the third, and Gustav Nyquist, who was a sneaky good signing in the offseason, ended OT with a penalty shot goal. 

I'm encouraged by that performance by the whole team against a good Maple Leafs unit, but especially Joonas Korpisalo. This was their 3rd straight overtime game and it didn't feel like they possessed the puck in either of the Blackhawks or Islanders OT losses. Andersen had stopped 2 previous breakaways in the game and I fully expected Nyquist to miss on his penalty shot. 

Panarin and Bobrovsky were monsters in overtime the last couple years and our OT record over that time shows it. You could see the difference created by their departure in the previous two games and even in this one against Toronto where the inability to gain and keep possession of the puck makes all the difference in overtime. Felt lucky to get out of OT on the winning end. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived