And now, the NFC East

DALLAS COWBOYS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Navy, silver, and white are the main colors.
  • No more royal, black, or blue-ish/gray
  • I picked navy over royal because I personally think it looks better (a dark blue and light gray instead of a light blue and a light gray) and it is more consistent with their helmet colors.
  • New design is based off the blue uniforms
  • Returned to the Staubach era number font, along with an accompanying wordmark

HELMET

• Same helmet and striping
  • Kept the name on the back of the stripe

JERSEYS

• White jersey undergoes the most changes
  • Took striping and star from the blue uniform
  • Shrunk the star to fit in the stripe
  • Changed the color of the stripe on the blue jersey to S/W/S instead of W/S/W
  • Removed the wordmark from the chest and the outline from the numbers

PANTS

• No more mismatching, ugly, blue/gray pants (usually I like fun quirky things about a uniform, but those pants just take it way to far for me)
  • Silver pants and matching stripe 

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Blue socks and cleats

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking guys, New York will be up next. And as always, C&C is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t like the current cowboys alt, the shoulder stars one, and i think instead of that design for the color rush, I’d just take the white jersey you made and match it with some white pants. Or an all blue uniform. The rest of the uniform is a 200% upgrade though!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 12/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I really don’t like the current cowboys alt, the shoulder stars one, and i think instead of that design for the color rush, I’d just take the white jersey you made and match it with some white pants. Or an all blue uniform. The rest of the uniform is a 200% upgrade though!

Huh I love that color rush/throwback. But here is an alternate version of the white jersey. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do really like the white pants and think they would go well with the normal uniforms too.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright moving onto the next team, the New York Giants

NEW YORK GIANTS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

HELMET

• Kind of a mix of eras for the helmet
  • NY logo (like the current helmet)
  • White facemask (like the old helmet)
  • Three stripe design added to the helmet. The Giants have had more than one stripe on the helmets before (1975-1979) so I did not think this was that big of a change

JERSEYS

• Three stripe design on the cuffs and collars
  • Number outlines are back to add more color
  • Red jersey is back

PANTS

• Blue and white pants (no red pants because I wold have only used them with the red jersey and that would look very blood-clot like to me)
  • Don't know how I like the all blue look at home but I included it anyways

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Blue socks and white cleats
  • Red socks with red jersey

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Same Color Rush design they have now
  • Same away jersey and white pants

Thanks for looking guys, Philadelphia will be up next. And as always, C&C is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, natolian10 said:

Alright moving onto the next team, the New York Giants

NEW YORK GIANTS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

HELMET

• Kind of a mix of eras for the helmet
  • NY logo (like the current helmet)
  • White facemask (like the old helmet)
  • Three stripe design added to the helmet. The Giants have had more than one stripe on the helmets before (1975-1979) so I did not think this was that big of a change

JERSEYS

• Three stripe design on the cuffs and collars
  • Number outlines are back to add more color
  • Red jersey is back

PANTS

• Blue and white pants (no red pants because I wold have only used them with the red jersey and that would look very blood-clot like to me)
  • Don't know how I like the all blue look at home but I included it anyways

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Blue socks and white cleats
  • Red socks with red jersey

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Same Color Rush design they have now
  • Same away jersey and white pants

Thanks for looking guys, Philadelphia will be up next. And as always, C&C is greatly appreciated.

Beautiful. Thanks for not doubling down on the gray and going back to the old look

I applaud you for being bold and creative, most folks revert to the pre-NFL era with the northwestern stripe across the jersey front. This is refreshing and different. Now, with that being said, not a huge fan of the design itself. Personally, the collar plus logo and stripe outlines create a much too busy look.

PS: Is there any way I can get ahold of the template you are using? Especially the helmet and pants only one

fiowXOD.png

On 12/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, Djruggs said:

Beautiful. Thanks for not doubling down on the gray and going back to the old look

Thanks! Gray was something I wanted to eliminate because it clouded up the classic red, white, and blue look.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I applaud you for being bold and creative, most folks revert to the pre-NFL era with the northwestern stripe across the jersey front. This is refreshing and different. Now, with that being said, not a huge fan of the design itself. Personally, the collar plus logo and stripe outlines create a much too busy look.

PS: Is there any way I can get ahold of the template you are using? Especially the helmet and pants only one

So would you suggest I eliminate the collar all together? Because that would be an easy fix. Also, yeah I can send the template. I'll just send you a message real quick.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:07 PM, BJ Sands said:

Love the design of the Cowboys but maybe not the color. What about trying their royal blue instead of navy?

Thanks! I actually chose navy for a few reasons: 1) The helmet logo and stripes have been navy since 1981. 2) The most important factor was that I thought a dark blue and a light gray contrasted better than a light blue and a light gray. 

Ok I'm gonna go onto Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Kelly green is back! Kelly green, silver, and white are the new colors
  • I love the Kelly green throwbacks the Eagles had a few years ago and thought it was a no-brainer to switch
  • Got rid of one of the outlines
  • Rounded the top of the beak (just like how real eagles look)

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Midnight green and black are gone
  • Three stripe curved design used on jersey
  • New font for the wordmark and numbers

HELMET

JERSEYS

• Green and white jerseys
  • Stripe which mimics the logo and the "curve" of the stripes was inspiration from the old jerseys 
  • "EAGLES" on home and "PHILADELPHIA" on away 
  • New number font

PANTS

• White and silver pants at home. White and green pants for on the road
  • Didn't add stripes to the pants to match the helmet, the stripes didn't correlate well with the curve-ness of them, and it creates a fresh/clean look

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Green socks and silver cleats

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Silver is the chosen color for this Color Rush
  • Re-colored the wings and facemask to silver/chrome
  • Green numbers, stripes, and accents
  • "PHILADELPHIA" on the front as an homage to the city

Thanks guys for looking and as always, C&C is greatly appreciated. Washington will be up next to round out the NFC East

I think the pants would look so much better with the stripes.  To be honest, if you wanted to eliminate stripes, I’d eliminate the arm stripes.  Thought the Randall Cunningham era uniforms were better than the Ron Jaworski era ones.

Good job bringing back the Kelly Green and Silver though.  Nice update on the logo too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:31 PM, mvk said:

I think the pants would look so much better with the stripes.  To be honest, if you wanted to eliminate stripes, I’d eliminate the arm stripes.  Thought the Randall Cunningham era uniforms were better than the Ron Jaworski era ones.

Good job bringing back the Kelly Green and Silver though.  Nice update on the logo too.

Something kind of like this? I played around a bit with the tapering and warping of the stripe because I had a traditional three stripe design that was straight but it didn't mesh with the shoulder stripes. Also, Dallas and New York also use that same stripe concept and I thought this could differentiate it a bit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think that looks much better with the pant stripes, and I think the old school green looks good, though maybe a shade darker/greener would work.  The silver pants look better, as does the regular helmet (top pic).

23 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

Hi, Sorry, but can you darken the green for Eagles? It’s too way bright and kinda hurt my eyes.

20 hours ago, mvk said:

I think that looks much better with the pant stripes, and I think the old school green looks good, though maybe a shade darker/greener would work.  The silver pants look better, as does the regular helmet (top pic).

Ok sweet, here are all the uniforms with stripes on the pants and with a darker shade of green.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Overall, I think the updates are much better than the original concepts. Thanks guys and I'll have Washington up soon!

Alright seems like Philly is good so I'll finish up the NFC East.

WASHINGTON REDTAILS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Ok so whatever your beliefs are on the Redskins name, I hope we can all agree that the current logo is not very good. Having a caricature as a logo with many unnecessary lines is very outdated, the small details on the feathers is hard to replicate on small packages and there is use of two non team colors. 
  • New name is the Redtails. There have been other concepts with this name and I think it is the perfect name change to honor the brave men that fought for our country (here's more information on the name). And the colors can stay the same.
  • Logo inspiration came from the legendary @mcrosby redesign and the insignia on the Tuskegee Airmen's planes.
  • Changed the star to a "W" and added 3 stars as an ode to the Washington D.C. flag
  • The two stripe design behind the circle is the design that will be used on the uniforms

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Washington currently has a stripe problem; the stripes on the helmet and gold pants are different than the ones on the jersey, burgundy and white pants.
  • I chose the two stripe design because it is on the current uniforms more and is unique. No other NFL team uses this design.

HELMET

• Satin burgundy helmet
  • Gold facemask
  • New logo and stripe design

JERSEYS

• Burgundy and white jerseys
  • Striping moves from the cuffs to the sleeves
  • No wordmark but the logo is on the left chest
  • Same number font

PANTS

• Gold, maroon and white pants can be worn at home or away
  • New striping pattern on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Maroon socks with stripes
  • White cleats with burgundy

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Same colors as their current color rush
  • Changed socks to all burgundy

Thanks guys for looking and as always, C&C is greatly appreciated. Up next is the NFC West.

I personally love the Redskins logo. Is it sleek, modern, or clean? No, but it truly is one of the more iconic looks in the league. If you insist on a name change, not sure if I'm completely satisfied with the redtails logo. I think the shape fits a bit awkward on the helmet, especially with the helmet stripe.

fiowXOD.png

Archived