Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

I'm sure it's just the quality of the image and whatever Chris did to enhance it, but those stitches sure do look a little red.

milwaukee-brewers-new-logo-2020-leak-com

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The change in the ball placement is something I can live with. It always looked like the original had the ball *too* high. When I first had that lights on moment that there was an M and a b in there I thought it was genious but never thought it was a seamless rendition of the letter "b" because of it. Ideally, I would have liked to ball to be a little raised but not so much as in the original logo. It might be the same principle I learned in writing class where the title of your cover page is supposed to be just a little bit above center since that is what pleases the eye. As far as the two stitches - I have to let it sink in a bit; I'm not sure.

The webbing connecting the m and b - horrible! The genious of the logo is that two distinct letters by their own merits can so perfectly suggest a glove. Now, it as if they had to "help" the glove-look by adding that extra piece. Downgrade. Plus, its visually unappealing. I don't know how, but it makes the letters seem in conflict. Its like something is trying to pull them together now. Ugh.

Don't see anything on TESS, although they have a bunch of hand-drawn versions from the 1970s and early 1980s on file.

The most recent version is this.

ImageAgentProxy?getImage=87279440

Word Mark

MB

Goods and Services

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, headwear, shirts, sweaters, bottoms, skirts, athletic uniforms, jerseys, sleepwear, jackets, infant wear, cloth bibs, ties, belts, footwear, socks, hosiery, headbands. FIRST USE: 19780100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19780100

Mark Drawing Code

(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS

Design Search Code

21.03.06 - Baseball mitts; Boxing gloves; Catcher's mitt; Gloves, baseball; Gloves, boxing; Gloves, hockey; Hockey gloves; Mitts (baseball)
21.03.19 - Baseballs; Softballs
27.01.04 - Letters forming objects; Numbers forming objects; Objects composed of letters or numerals; Punctuation forming objects

Serial Number

Filing Date

December 23, 2016

Current Basis

1A

Original Filing Basis

1B

Published for Opposition

May 2, 2017

Registration Number

Registration Date

January 23, 2018

Owner

(REGISTRANT) Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Limited Partnership Milwaukee Brewers Holdings LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, its sole general partner, and Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Inc., a Wisconsin corporation LIMITED PARTNERSHIP WISCONSIN Miller Park One Brewers Way Milwaukee WISCONSIN 53214

Attorney of Record

Mary L. Kevlin

Prior Registrations

1222121;1243706;1262144

Description of Mark

Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of the letters "MB" stylized to resemble a baseball mitt that has a stylized baseball in the middle.

Type of Mark

TRADEMARK

Register

PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator

LIVE

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

It's really awful.

I said it looked like a concept logo; this one has been kicking around for the past couple years, and occasionally gets mistaken for the real thing.

Milwaukee-Brewers-logo-500x375.jpg 

I'll let you be the judge.

EIBCEObXkAECYzX.png

I was looking for that because it's literally the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

4 hours ago, MBurmy said:

All semantics to me...I wonder if any Torontonians were upset that the Blue Jays' rebrand wasn't a carbon copy of the old logo set?

Most weren't...they were just happy to see the basic classic iconic look back for their Jays...as am I for my Crew.

It's because they screwed with the main thing that made the BiG work. It'd be like if they gave the Astros a 6-point star just to force people not to buy a throwback.

4 hours ago, MBurmy said:

All semantics to me...I wonder if any Torontonians were upset that the Blue Jays' rebrand wasn't a carbon copy of the old logo set?

Most weren't...they were just happy to see the basic classic iconic look back for their Jays...as am I for my Crew.

The updated Toronto look is sleek, sharp, and just is nice to look at.  Like, you can definitely tell which one is old-school and which one is the new one.

With this new Brewers glove logo, one logo looks classy and the other looks like a knock-off.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

It's because they screwed with the main thing that made the BiG work. It'd be like if they gave the Astros a 6-point star just to force people not to buy a throwback.

What I don’t get is that people will already be forced to buy a throwback, with the royal blue.  What’s the sense in pointless changes to the logo on top of that?

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

It'd be like if they gave the Astros a 6-point star just to force people not to buy a throwback.

But think of what you'd pay to see the Alex Jones meltdown.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Any speculation on throwbacks, regular jersey colors, or alternates?

Considering they wore BiG a little more than 25% of their games, this won’t feel like a totally new thing. The # of times worn climbed over the years. 

Could we see M return as a 6-8 game retro? Is that too soon?

Sadly the navy BiG was only ever worn with the navy alternate tops. So it’ll be nice to see that cap spread its wings. White, and grey here we come. The popular navy alternate jersey had the now old M and Milwaukee wordmark. They’re gonna really have to think about what their wordmark will be for their away/alternate set. 

The royal blue BiG will be in a sticky situation. If you’re going with a new rebrand, you’d basically have two identities from the onset. The brewers were working with three for a few years now. If they embrace the navy BiG, they need to push it out for 80%-90% of their games. 5-10% for maybe the royal blue BiG. They need to make a stand and not sit on three identities. 

Top priority. Finding a new navy blue wordmark and jersey. That ones gonna be worn a lot. 

I don't think this is rocket science.  Spring training Brewers wordmark on the home white w/navy pinstripes, spring training number font, new roundel logo on sleeve. Done.  Curious to see if there will be any secondary / tertiary logos.

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

That straight-ahead view of a baseball is so charmless compared to the yin-yangy one in the original. No one can leave anything alone.

It's too literal.  I get it - they play baseball.  It's a baseball in a baseball glove.  The other one was obviously a baseball too, but when tilted like that, it wasn't as 'in your face' basebally as the new one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I don't think this is rocket science.  Spring training Brewers wordmark on the home white w/navy pinstripes, spring training number font, new roundel logo on sleeve. Done.  Curious to see if there will be any secondary / tertiary logos.

I would be shocked if they didn’t have a Wisconsin state logo; they’ve had one since the team’s rebirth in the spring of 1970, usually as a jacket sleeve patch. 

1970-1990

spacer.png

spacer.png

1991-1993

spacer.png

spacer.png

1994-1999

spacer.png

spacer.png

2000-current

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I would be shocked if they didn’t have a Wisconsin state logo; they’ve had one since the team’s rebirth in the spring of 1970, usually as a jacket sleeve patch. 

That's why I mentioned it...thinking about the state logo they've always had, plus the fact that they've always had multiple uniform patches for home/road, etc.  I think the one used from '94-'99 was the best out of the bunch, so I'd like to see something similar using an M instead of the glove.

12 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I understand what forum this is and whatnot but I find it kinda hilarious how everyone wanted the logo back and we're gonna get it but now we gotta to hate it.

But if this leak is real, we didn’t get it back.  We got something similar to it back, but a much weaker, inferior version.  For no discernible reason at all. 

14 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I understand what forum this is and whatnot but I find it kinda hilarious how everyone wanted the logo back and we're gonna get it but now we gotta to hate it. I'm just happy it's back period. This could have been much worse.

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But if this leak is real, we didn’t get it back.  We got something similar to it back, but a much weaker, inferior version.  For no discernible reason at all. 

exactly.  nobody is mad its back, we're mad because they unnecessarily modified it to make it look like some dumb Chinese knockoff.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I keep coming back to... why?

They already had two versions of the BiG logo. And if this leak is real, it’s a dead certainty that the navy version of the cap will be gone, replaced by a cap with this logo on it.  Just as it is a dead certainty that the retro throwback logo will be unchanged. 

So we went from two caps with complimentary versions of the logo... to two caps with different versions of the logo.  Why?  What’s the point in that?

Archived