JCPenney has new logo and other new logo

BadSeed84

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

JCPenney is now using this as their logo.

boT5bZM.png

But also on a test store in Texas they have this as the sign now.

742PT3XL7VH7XIWZRYLUTRXAPI.JPG

But nowhere on the site or weekly ads does this script logo appear.

Embrace the Penney's script, for the love of God.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seems like a lot of graphical posturing for a company that's slowly circling the drain.  As much nostalgia as I have for classic brands like JCP, they're really struggling to stay relevant and avoid bankruptcy. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

For brands that are circling the drain, nostalgia is all they have.  Loyal shoppers to their stores are literally dying off, but their children, now grown, will remember vaguely names like JCPenney and maybe positive memories of shopping with parents or what-have-you. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The script logo is the best option. 

Their old logo, which they abandoned after like six minutes, was the birth child of everything wrong with the way branding agencies operate. 

JCPenney-Logo-Font.jpg

that logo is a turd placed on top of barf. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

26 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The script logo is the best option. 

Their old logo, which they abandoned after like six minutes, was the birth child of everything wrong with the way branding agencies operate. 

JCPenney-Logo-Font.jpg

that logo is a turd place on top of barf. 

BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE AMERICAN FLEEYAGGG AN WHATS MORE AMIERCAN THAN SHOPING

ALSO ITS LOWERCASE LIKE THE OTHER STUF

$13000000 PLEASE

twitter

On 11/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, Ark said:

This is beautiful. It looks like it's directly from a mall in the 80s. 

From a branding perspective, I'd argue that's a huge problem.

Aesthetically, the script is beautiful, but if it doesn't bridge the gap towards young shoppers (it doesn't), it will only serve to look nice on news sites when they announce the company is shutting down.

Funny the script reads "Penny's" although the company name doesn't include the apostrophe and s. My wife gets annoyed with people saying "I'm going to JC Penny's today" when that's not the correct name. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

It's a dialect thing. In many parts of the U.S., you'd never say, "I went shopping at Kroger." You'd say, "I went shopping at Kroger's," even though the company name is Kroger.

rATMcmK.png

3 hours ago, Whittier S said:

It's a dialect thing. In many parts of the U.S., you'd never say, "I went shopping at Kroger." You'd say, "I went shopping at Kroger's," even though the company name is Kroger.

Not sure if this is a regional thing or an age thing. I don't think I've ever heard anybody my age say "Krogers". A lot of people my parents age and up, though, love to throw an s on the end of it and it boils my blood. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

According to Wikipedia, they used this "Penney's" logo in the 70s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Penney#/media/File:J._C._Penney_Old_Logo.svg

As far as the Penney's name, they might as well go for it. The full "JC Penney" brand is stale anyway, so they might as well try somehow to correct for that.

Now I grew up in Miami, and the apostrophe-s got added to lots of things when I was growing up. I heard lots of "Eckerd's" and "Barnes & Noble's."

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

A lot of people say (or used to say) Nordstrom's as well. 

Department stores just generally get an 's in conversation, possibly because of Dillard's, Macy's, Hecht's, Kohl's, et al. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Department stores just generally get an 's in conversation, possibly because of Dillard's, Macy's, Hecht's, Kohl's, et al. 

Yep, Strawbridge & Clothier was usually referred to as "strawbridge's", when the May company acquired them they changed the name to "strawbridge's".

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, McCarthy said:

Not sure if this is a regional thing or an age thing. I don't think I've ever heard anybody my age say "Krogers". A lot of people my parents age and up, though, love to throw an s on the end of it and it boils my blood. 

We have a family friend in his 70s who can never just say "Safeway."  It's always, "I went shopping at Safeways." 

I think it's a regional and/or age thing.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 11/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, WSU151 said:

My mother referred to Hecht's as The Hecht Co. until the day the stores were converted to Macy's stores.  I don't think they used that name past the 60s.  Old habits die hard.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, leopard88 said:

My mother referred to Hecht's as The Hecht Co. until the day the stores were converted to Macy's stores.  I don't think they used that name past the 60s.  Old habits die hard.

My Mom still says she's going to Famous  -- I know she will be at Macy's.

BTW, my parents babysat my son 2 days a week until he started school.

He's the only 15 year old I know that calls a gas station a "filling station".

1 hour ago, Sport Billy said:

My Mom still says she's going to Famous  -- I know she will be at Macy's.

BTW, my parents babysat my son 2 days a week until he started school.

He's the only 15 year old I know that calls a gas station a "filling station".

Does he say you keep your cold foods in the "icebox:? 😛

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived