2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

16 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Ahhh ... no we haven’t 

Technically it’s kind of a Yes and No ...

I detect that s3ahawkz meant with the current KC and GB kits because at Super Bowl I for the 1966 season the Chiefs had white pants only as the ‘away’ team. So it was white on white with their red striped socks.

Their red pants didn’t debut until 1968.  I believe that’s what he was referring to, wanting to see that Super Bowl I look, but with KC in their white jerseys, red pants, and white striped socks..  

I always liked the Chiefs AFL look with the larger helmet decal which was downsized in 1974, except for the jagged edges when they tweaked it.  The larger logo on the helmet looked great but the white facemask was a sheer improvement over the gray ... at least for them.  Love the gray mask on the BILLS uni’s .... 

Technically there are a few differences beyond the possibility of red pants (facemasks, updated stripes for both teams), though it's probably no surprise that the original Super Bowl teams haven't strayed very far from their classic looks. Part of me thinks red would make the matchup look even nicer, but I would not complain if they decided to emulate the look from the first meeting (not exactly a good luck charm for the Chiefs, though).

image-placeholder-title.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with the Bills alternating between these solid socks and striped socks? It's one of the less talked about, more bizarre uniform situations this season. Just wear the striped socks.

I'm glad the Rams are finally switching it up from that horrific all bone look that no one likes. Yellow pants would've been better though, but at least the shades of blue are different, unlike in Houston last weekend.

18 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Best Look for every team in the Super Bowl, my opinion.

AFC:

Chiefs: White/Red

Bills: White/Blue

Steelers: White/Yellow

Titans: White/Navy

Ravens: White/Purple

Browns: White/White

Colts; White/White

This might be the first time I've ever seen someone say they prefer the Titans in navy pants. Agree with most of the rest though, besides Cleveland (orange pants)

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

It is preferable with the navy helmet. 

Out of context it makes sense, but in a league loaded with navy, you can barely even tell what team they are at first glance when they wear this. Is it the Texans, Seahawks, Bears, Titans? Really waters down their brand.

I don't see how pairing a navy helmet with light blue pants is any different than the Steelers or Ravens pairing a black helmet with gold or purple pants. That's just the way I look at it.

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

What is with the Bills alternating between these solid socks and striped socks? It's one of the less talked about, more bizarre uniform situations this season. Just wear the striped socks.

Sorry, but you don’t know what you’re talking about pertaining to this.

The BILLS do not have white socks with striping (although we should). The Blue striped socks should only be worn with the white pants, and that’s it.

Solid white socks should be we worn with the blue pants, until Buffalo is able to get white socks with the sleeve striping on the centre of those solid white socks.

You’re one fo the very few that seems to like that leotard look,  Since the BILLS do not currently have white striped socks for the blue pants then the next best thing is to wear the solid colored white ones like were worn at the Raiders game in Las Vegas, and last season in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, both games that Buffalo won with the blue pants and white socks.. 

24 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Sorry, but you don’t know what you’re talking about pertaining to this.

The BILLS do not have white socks with striping (although we should). The Blue striped socks should only be worn with the white pants, and that’s it.

Solid white socks should be we worn with the blue pants, until Buffalo is able to get white socks with the sleeve striping on the centre of those solid white socks.

You’re one fo the very few that seems to like that leotard look,  Since the BILLS do not currently have white striped socks for the blue pants then the next best thing is to wear the solid colored white ones like were worn at the Raiders game in Las Vegas, and last season in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, both games that Buffalo won with the blue pants and white socks.. 

Maybe I should've been more clear, but I was referring specifically to the solid BLUE socks they're wearing this week (with blue jerseys and WHITE pants). I'm aware they don't have striped white socks. Since they don't have multiple white socks, the solid white with blue pants works fine. I agree with you on that. I'm just saying I don't get why they even added a pair of solid blue socks when their striped blue socks match the sleeves perfectly.

4 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I think he was talking about how last week they wore blue/white with striped blue socks and this week they are wearing the same combo but instead with solid blue socks. 

This is exactly what I meant LMAO. It's becoming impossible not to have your words twisted on this board.

5 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I think he was talking about how last week they wore blue/white with striped blue socks and this week they are wearing the same combo but instead with solid blue socks. 

It’s not totally uncommon for a team to have striped socks and solid socks of the same color. Washington did it from 2010-2013(preseason)

spacer.png
spacer.png

The team went full-time striped socks for the 2013 season up until 2018 when they dropped the gold pants along with the striped burgundy socks. Thus, bringing back the return of solid burgundy socks.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Maybe I should've been more clear, but I was referring specifically to the solid BLUE socks they're wearing this week (with blue jerseys and WHITE pants). I'm aware they don't have striped white socks. Since they don't have multiple white socks, the solid white with blue pants works fine. I agree with you on that. I'm just saying I don't get why they even added a pair of solid blue socks when their striped blue socks match the sleeves perfectly.

Well that I fully agree with you on.  They looked so much better with the white socks that were worn with the blue pants in Dallas on Thanksgiving 2019, and in this 2020 season when playing the Raiders in Las Vegas.

As I stated prior, those blue striped socks should ALWAYS be worn when wearing the white pants, unless they’re wearing the faux 1965 AFL all-whites, as those blue socks had a different design pattern back in the mid 60s during our back-to-back AFL Titles.

If they wear solid royal blue socks this Saturday against the COLTS rather than the blue striped ones it’s utter nonsense, just as the red mono color rush uni’s are.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ....

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

It’s not totally uncommon for a team to have striped socks and solid socks of the same color. Washington did it from 2010-2013(preseason)

spacer.png
spacer.png

The team went full-time striped socks for the 2013 season up until 2018 when they dropped the gold pants along with the striped burgundy socks. Thus, bringing back the return of solid burgundy socks.

The difference is Washington used the striped socks with the yellow pants and solid socks with white pants. The bills just randomly choose when to wear solid blue socks and striped ones. 

Looks like it's black pants throughout the playoffs for the Saints. Same guy that told me about the gold pants told me when I asked if it was just a one time thing to shut me up or if it would be considered for the playoffs said that it's black pants for rest of the playoffs and that maybe gold pants would be considered if they make it to the Super Bowl. Bummer

8 minutes ago, ThePhishFromVermont said:

Looks like it's black pants throughout the playoffs for the Saints. Same guy that told me about the gold pants told me when I asked if it was just a one time thing to shut me up or if it would be considered for the playoffs said that it's black pants for rest of the playoffs and that maybe gold pants would be considered if they make it to the Super Bowl. Bummer

No white at home for the saints this postseason?

2 hours ago, ThePhishFromVermont said:

He said "all black throughout the playoffs." That obviously can't happen if the Saints play at GB for NFCCG but it'll be the all black leotards for the home games.

I was hoping the Saints would go WAH so in the divisional round the Seahawks could bring out the navy/grey combo if both of them win this week 

8 hours ago, ThePhishFromVermont said:

The black over gold is their best look, and NO doesn't do WAH anymore except for the color rush uniform. They need to put out the black over gold more and cut down on the all black.

Archived