2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Shame the Titans vs Ravens will look so dull. All Navy vs White/black. Light Blue and Purple barley anywhere to be found...

I think there's a chance the Ravens wear purple pants given the success they've had in them lately, but I don't think there's even the slightest chance the Titans wear anything other than all navy. We could very well see this again:

Tennessee Titans vs. Baltimore Ravens: A rivalry renewed - Page 5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Somehow we have yet to see the Bills wear their current blue jerseys vs. Indy in white. We saw throwback in 2015 and Color Rush Red in 2017. Something tells me the Bills will break out the all blue look at home in the playoffs. They rarely seem to wear the same combo back to back games, plus there will already be plenty of white.

Yep, only time was for this 2013 preseason game in Indianapolis 

Bell: Bills rookie QB EJ Manuel headed in right direction

12 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Last year both the 49ers and Saints tried to wear their color rush in the playoffs and the NFL didn't allow them to. That's why the Saints wore all white against the Vikings.

It's so ridiculous to me that a team with pedigree like San Francisco would try to wear that awful uniform in the Super Bowl. Thank God the NFL has some sense and told them no

15 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

I didn't notice till now that the Saints wore them 3 times already so that probably rules them out. I would assume they are not allowed to exceed 3 times if I remember correctly the Niners tried to last year but were denied. 

I recall the new rules starting in 2018 that allows teams to wear them their alternates 3 times, and teams are allowed to have 2 different alternates. I don't remember it that well though.

How the league enforces the ruling on these confuse me. Jacksonville got to wear their teal alternates, 3 times in the RS, and 2 times in the PR, in total of 5 times. Then you have the Ravens and Seahawks who were allowed to wear their alternates 4 times. 

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I recall the new rules starting in 2018 that allows teams to wear them their alternates 3 times, and teams are allowed to have 2 different alternates. I don't remember it that well though.

How the league enforces the ruling on these confuse me. Jacksonville got to wear their teal alternates, 3 times in the RS, and 2 times in the PR, in total of 5 times. Then you have the Ravens and Seahawks who were allowed to wear their alternates 4 times. 

More than likely, these teams got special waivers. Just like the Rams got with the throwback becoming the primary a couple seasons ago.

7 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

The best super bowl uni matchup would be the Chiefs vs Packers. Hopefully that is not the matchup we get tho lol. 

How about Packers/Browns? Packers by far in the NFC. I would say a dog fight between Chiefs, Browns, Bills in AFC. But man, the Browns got it right. 

17 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I think there's a chance the Ravens wear purple pants given the success they've had in them lately, but I don't think there's even the slightest chance the Titans wear anything other than all navy. We could very well see this again:

Tennessee Titans vs. Baltimore Ravens: A rivalry renewed - Page 5

I would be perfectly fine with duplicating this games in its entirety.  The Ravens won 21-0 and had 11 sacks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

How about Packers/Browns? Packers by far in the NFC. I would say a dog fight between Chiefs, Browns, Bills in AFC. But man, the Browns got it right. 

Hmmm... Yep, let's do that.

When the Browns make it to the Super Bowl, do we think they'd go orange pants? They announced the uniforms without them, but of course planned to release them to the ravenous masses, and they've played in them more often than one would think for an alternate. For instance, they were supposed to go white pants against the Steelers in Week 17 but switched to orange. Personally, I'd prefer the classic look (orange, brown, white) for such a big game, but they do look great in both combos.

5 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I'd actually really enjoy Seahawks vs Chiefs. It's a bit of a rarer matchup and the color schemes are completely different making for great contrast. Seattle's unis aren't the best but they aren't the worst in the playoffs by far. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

17 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

The best super bowl uni matchup would be the Chiefs vs Packers. Hopefully that is not the matchup we get tho lol. 

13 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

We’ve seen that already lol

Ahhh ... no we haven’t 

Technically it’s kind of a Yes and No ...

I detect that s3ahawkz meant with the current KC and GB kits because at Super Bowl I for the 1966 season the Chiefs had white pants only as the ‘away’ team. So it was white on white with their red striped socks.

Their red pants didn’t debut until 1968.  I believe that’s what he was referring to, wanting to see that Super Bowl I look, but with KC in their white jerseys, red pants, and white striped socks..  

I always liked the Chiefs AFL look with the larger helmet decal which was downsized in 1974, except for the jagged edges when they tweaked it.  The larger logo on the helmet looked great but the white facemask was a sheer improvement over the gray ... at least for them.  Love the gray mask on the BILLS uni’s .... 

Best Look for every team in the Super Bowl, my opinion.

NFC:
Packers: Green/Gold

Saints: Black/Gold

Seahawks: Navy/Grey

Washington: Burgundy/Yellow (but they don't wear yellow pants anymore so the next best option is Burgundy/White)

Bucs: Red/Pewter

Rams: Blue/Yellow

Bears: Navy/White

AFC:

Chiefs: White/Red

Bills: White/Blue

Steelers: White/Yellow

Titans: White/Navy

Ravens: White/Purple

Browns: White/White

Colts; White/White

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

40 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Best Look for every team in the Super Bowl, my opinion.

NFC:
Packers: Green/Gold

Saints: Black/Gold

Seahawks: Navy/Grey

Washington: Burgundy/Yellow (but they don't wear yellow pants anymore so the next best option is Burgundy/White)

Bucs: Red/Pewter

Rams: Blue/Yellow

Bears: Navy/White

AFC:

Chiefs: White/Red

Bills: White/Blue

Steelers: White/Yellow

Titans: White/Navy

Ravens: White/Purple

Browns: White/White

Colts; White/White

The Bears, Colts, Packers, and Steelers don't use any other combo besides what they have at their disposal. Chicago busted out an all blue for a 2017 game, but that was a rare occasion.

Since the host team of the Super Bowl site never makes it to the final stage, I don't like the Buccaneers chances.

6 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Ahhh ... no we haven’t 

Technically it’s kind of a Yes and No ...

I detect that s3ahawkz meant with the current KC and GB kits because at Super Bowl I for the 1966 season the Chiefs had white pants only as the ‘away’ team. So it was white on white with their red striped socks.

Their red pants didn’t debut until 1968.  I believe that’s what he was referring to, wanting to see that Super Bowl I look, but with KC in their white jerseys, red pants, and white striped socks..  

I always liked the Chiefs AFL look with the larger helmet decal which was downsized in 1974, except for the jagged edges when they tweaked it.  The larger logo on the helmet looked great but the white facemask was a sheer improvement over the gray ... at least for them.  Love the gray mask on the BILLS uni’s .... 

If its a GB KC SuperBowl, I'd personally prefer to see KC in all white against Green Bay. It is not often, hell its damn near impossible now to recreate a look from a previous Superbowl let alone from the first Superbowl with both teams in essence wearing the same uniforms.

Archived