2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

37 minutes ago, QCS said:

According to GUD, that was black over gold. That's still frustratingly the last time the Saints wore the gold pants, the last time they wore white over gold in the regular season/playoffs was Week 17 of 2017. The Saints have such potential, but two factors are holding them back: 1) their refusal to wear gold pants and 2) Nike's refusal to make good-looking gold pants.

It's frustrating with how garish nike likes to make uniforms look, that they refuse to have good looking metallic colored pants. All the teams with silver or gold pants (minus niners since this particular look they're going for is tan pants) look bad. The Raiders are no longer the silver and black theyre the gray and black.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Seahawks vs 49ers game is quite the sight to see. The field still has imprints of the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl from yesterday and the Seahawks in blue looks bizarre with everything in the stadium being red. They are also using that special Fox camera that gives more of the cinematic experience.

4 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

How bad did this hurt you that they fibbed about what pants they were gonna wear? Gtfo with that.

Pretty sure I said it's unnecessary/pointless, but lemme skim through it one more time and see if I can find the part where I said it hurt me.

32 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Pretty sure I said it's unnecessary/pointless, but lemme skim through it one more time and see if I can find the part where I said it hurt me.

The last paragraph in that thread kinda read whiny on first read. Hence my response. Honestly who cares. Let em do what they want. As long as it's not monochrome clown suits and chrome for chrome sake.... lol

Glad to see everyone agrees how good the Saints look in gold/white/gold. It's by far their best away combination. 

Also really liked the Jags/Colts match up this week. The Colts uniforms have always been Top 5 in the league for me, but the Jaguars need to wear the teal pants more with the white jersey. 

I also really liked the Jets all-white look. I haven't paid super close attention to them this year but I do remember not really being sold on their jerseys when they unveiled them before last season. They've grown on me a bit though. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

More like why would the Titans choose navy pants against another navy team?

I do not understand the mindset some of you guys have where teams "should have wore this because the other team wore that". Besides what the league mandates, you should never let your opponent dictate what uniform your team wears IMO. You honestly shouldn't even care what the other team wears. 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The sky cam shot of the Titans/Texans game where Tannehill almost threw an interception convinced me that some consideration should factor into what uniform choice teams go with. There was so much Navy blue moving around, that it was hard to tell who was where. I know one was in white jerseys, but still. It was a visual mess.

5 minutes ago, josh106802 said:

Completely meaningless uni trivia: the Patriots and Packers are the first two NFL teams since 2016 to go through an entire regular season with only two jerseys (one dark, one white) and the same pants for all games. 

Green Bay had the all white in 2016 for the Thursday night color rush promotion. Wore those for Chicago.

We should have a thread over in the other section about uniform facts or items of interest.

12 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Green Bay had the all white in 2016 for the Thursday night color rush promotion. Wore those for Chicago.

We should have a thread over in the other section about uniform facts or items of interest.

Your statement doesn't affect what the Packers wore this year, however. 

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

So you are confirming his point, and they still had throwback alternates during this time.

Archived