2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

On 1/6/2021 at 5:14 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Maybe I should've been more clear, but I was referring specifically to the solid BLUE socks they're wearing this week (with blue jerseys and WHITE pants). I'm aware they don't have striped white socks. Since they don't have multiple white socks, the solid white with blue pants works fine. I agree with you on that. I'm just saying I don't get why they even added a pair of solid blue socks when their striped blue socks match the sleeves perfectly.

Just to be clear in terms of socks and pants... Teams can make changes or addition to these honestly any time they want even during a season. The uniform change rule is really in place due to jersey and jersey sales. The NFL doesn't want jerseys constantly changing as jersey sales are so big to league and team revenue. People for the most part want the current jersey so if they are constantly changing the fans feel exploited like they are being nickled and dimed to replace said jersey. Pants and socks are not sold so the league really doesn't make much fuss or say anything if a team wants to add or change anything in terms of pants and socks.

Saints added the white pants last season without any major announcement or advanced league approval and that included adding solid white socks.

Baltimore added those "gold" pants mid-season in 2015 and they have never been seen since.

Same is true of New England in 2017 with the white pants.

The Bengals, Jets, Jags, Panthers, Dolphins, Titans, Vikings, Bills, Saints... the list could go on all officially show only mid-calf socks in their uniform guides yet they wear solid socks all the time and some almost exclusively. The League doesn't care as long as the sock color is part of the teams color pallet.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rorinator said:

Bucs will be wearing their red jerseys with pewter pants this Saturday. WFT in all-white for good luck.

So it’s likely gonna be an updated version of the 2005 Wildcard matchup between Washington and Tampa Bay, which was the last time Washington won a playoff game:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, rorinator said:

Bucs will be wearing their red jerseys with pewter pants this Saturday. WFT in all-white for good luck.

Love it. We only saw the red jerseys 4 times in the regular season, which is a travesty. Also this will be a lowkey pretty nice uni matchup.

ClAFLDa.png

18 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Are you saying you like the bone uniforms? Not judging at all or trying to come across as condescending, just genuinely curious.

Yes I do. Obviously I’m in the minority here, but yes I like them because they’re different.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

9 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Yes I do. Obviously I’m in the minority here, but yes I like them because they’re different.

Would you like them if they weren't your favorite team? Again, not trying to be condescending, I just don't see the appeal and would like to know what those few who *do* enjoy them, enjoy about them. If it's just "because they're different" did you also like the Bucs and Browns 2014 uniforms when they came out?

ClAFLDa.png

12 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Would you like them if they weren't your favorite team? Again, not trying to be condescending, I just don't see the appeal and would like to know what those few who *do* enjoy them, enjoy about them. If it's just "because they're different" did you also like the Bucs and Browns 2014 uniforms when they came out?

Yes I would.

Yes I liked the Browns previous uniforms as well (except for the word mark on the legs)

The only think I didn’t like about the Bucs’ uniforms was the alarm clock numbers.

Few uniforms are perfect. All have flaws.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

14 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The Colts traditionally have always worn striped socks. Now they jump on this stupid trend of wearing stripeless socks. This game still looks good, but not as good as it should had the Colts worn the proper hosiery. 

Colts have worn blue solid socks for awhile now. They have just recently decided to wear all white socks on the road now for some reason even though it looks terrible.

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The Colts traditionally have always worn striped socks. Now they jump on this stupid trend of wearing stripeless socks. This game still looks good, but not as good as it should had the Colts worn the proper hosiery. 

The Colts haven’t worn striped socks since 2005. Did you mean the Bills? Because if so, then yeah, they should be in their normal striped blue socks instead of these solid blue ones. No idea why they added solid blue socks to the rotation when they already have the vastly superior striped ones. As for the Colts, usually I’d say that the solid white socks they’re wearing today are stupid (because they normally are), but I actually don’t mind them in this matchup since it already sort of looks like an intrasquad scrimmage from afar. The white socks do provide a bit more contrast that I personally find helpful in this matchup. In an ideal world the Colts would have striped white socks for cases like this.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived