2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

If the Browns do wear orange pants and somehow win in KC, I'm thinking there's no way they don't wear them if they make it to the Super Bowl. Also, Bucs have already worn white on white six times this year and historically (pre-alarm clock numbers) they wore pewter pants more, so I'm hoping they go that route in NOLA. And I know there's like a <.01% chance the Saints wear gold pants (they did in week 17!) but if they did that would be a great matchup.

They won’t have the choice. SB set has to be your primary home or away uniform down to the pants

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

They won’t have the choice. SB set has to be your primary home or away uniform down to the pants

Is this actually true or is that just generally what teams have done recently? Especially since these modern, funky-uniformed teams with tons of combinations haven't really made any Super Bowls. For instance, if the Rams make it this season, what exactly is their standard home uniform? It seemed like all blue was, but then they didn't even wear it once at home. It was 2 bone games, 3 in blue over yellow, and 3 in blue over bone (which wasn't even supposed to be worn at all).

3 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

I don't think that's true, we've just never seen a team that liked the mix and match make the Super Bowl.

I would prefer Cleveland wear brown pants this week for contrast, but it seems like they want orange pants to be their big game ones. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland wears them for every playoff game with this set, home or away. And they just won in that uniform, so superstitions and all that.

Ravens at Bills should look very nice. I assume we'll see Baltimore in white over purple, which is their best road uniform. That will contrast nicely with the Bills in blue over white. I would not be shocked to see Buffalo wear all-blue, though. They seem to like the blue pants or monochrome for big games. 

Rams at Packers will look alright as long as LA doesn't wear yellow pants. I think we see a return to bone over bone, although the sock color could go either way. Green Bay will look fantastic. 

I hope we see the Bucs wear their pewter pants. They already lost at New Orleans in all-white earlier this season. This game would look best with New Orleans in the color rush and Tampa in red over pewter, but, alas, I'm sure we'll see the Saints in all-black.

Assuming each team sticks to their primary uniforms, the AFC Championship should look nice. If KC wins, then it'll be their red against either black and purple or blue and white. With a Cleveland win, it's going to be mostly orange against purple or blue. Great color contrasts, and really no bad uniforms in the group.

In the NFC, there's two good sets and two bad sets. Tampa at Green Bay would be a beautiful looking game, while LA at NO would be even uglier than the last NFC Championship matchup between those two. 

22 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

This is not true. You are not allowed to wear alternate jerseys but you can wear whatever pants and socks you want. The Seahawks primary away uniforms in 2013 was white/white but in the super bowl they wore white/navy and since then it's been the primary away uniform.

48 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

If the Rams can petition to wear their throwbacks instead of primaries, the Browns asking for orange pants shouldn't be an issue. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I also can't remember the last time the Browns wore orange pants at Heinz Field. Hopefully they go with this look more often after such a memorable game last night.

The last time they wore orange pants at Heinz Field was in 2003, which also happens to be the last time they won a game at Heinz field before last night. And that was also a Sunday night game.

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If the Rams can petition to wear their throwbacks instead of primaries, the Browns asking for orange pants shouldn't be an issue. 

The throwback was their primary home uniform in 2018. They wore it 5 times at home compared to white-over-white twice and all-yellow once

Bucs need to go with pewter pants. Can't take another white/white vs. black/black game in New Orleans.

I understand the folks who want Cleveland to avoid the orange pants, but I'd still take orange over double white pants and possibly over brown too since it's just a better look overall.

54 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bucs need to go with pewter pants. Can't take another white/white vs. black/black game in New Orleans.

If the Saints were smart and cared about overall aesthetics, they’d attempt to get a waiver to use their CR and force the Bucs into Red/Pewter again.

Like so,

spacer.png

Man, do those Saints uniforms need black socks with w/g/w/g/w stripes though

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I understand the folks who want Cleveland to avoid the orange pants, but I'd still take orange over double white pants and possibly over brown too since it's just a better look overall.

While I agree, I don’t hate the Bucs white/white. But yes pewter pants is always better IMO.

I’m glad both the Browns and the Bucs have found relative playoff success in the first year of their upgraded new uniforms. 

Although I don’t think on-field success should correlate with staying power of a design, in this case it’s a win.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

If the Saints were smart and cared about overall aesthetics, they’d attempt to get a waiver to use their CR and force the Bucs into Red/Pewter again.

Like so,

spacer.png

Man, do those Saints uniforms need black socks with w/g/w/g/w stripes though

Saints and 49ers both tried last year to get a waiver for color rush uniforms in the playoffs and both were denied. At this point the Saints might as well make the color rush their primary away uniforms and make the current white ones an alternate.

10 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I hope the Browns go with either brown or white pants in Kansas City. Orange might make it a bit hard to watch.

They wore brown pants last time they won in KC 

Image result for browns vs chiefs December 20, 2009

6 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't mind that Rams Seahawks game. Can't remember any instance in my lifetime where a team wore royal blue pants in Seattle. It was different and the blues clashed fairly well. I don't mind seeing that look again at Lambeau assuming they stick with it as teams tend to in the playoffs.

I also can't remember the last time the Browns wore orange pants at Heinz Field. Hopefully they go with this look more often after such a memorable game last night.

2003, when they last won a game in Pittsburgh. 

28 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Now that the Eagles fired Doug Peterson, do they change how they do uniforms? Peterson grossly had the team wear the all white too much, and the team didn't do white at home with him at the helm.

I don’t mind this part at all. I rather prefer teams wear team color at home as often as possible. 

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Now that the Eagles fired Doug Peterson, do they change how they do uniforms? Peterson grossly had the team wear the all white too much, and the team didn't do white at home with him at the helm.

I feel like that was more of a players choice than coach.

I really don't think Doug Pederson had a say in or even cared what they wore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived