2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

22 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

This derision is more annoying than all the ads.

What I stated is the truth.

Actually you're only sorta partially right. In the case of the Browns they were on the road and wore orange pants. They won, so they're gonna stick with that look. Same with the Ravens and purple pants, though the Ravens pretty evenly split what pants they wore on the road, with the purple becoming the go to look at the end of the season and during the playoffs.

Tampa is more similar to Baltimore than Cleveland. (Though Cleveland spread out the pants choices fairly evenly as well, the clearly went with superstition. ) 

Tampa front loaded the season going white on white the most during the first half of the season. They only wore w/w once in the second half of the season choosing white over pewter more often than not. They wore Red/Pewter last week as they were designated the color top team. This week they're the white top team and are sticking with their last half of season preference of white over pewter.

When it comes to superstition its more so what jersey top/ combo that dictates the look. See Pittsburgh superbowl run to Detroit, and also Patriots choosing white against Philly instead of blue.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

KC-CLE is such a beautiful matchup of warm colors.

Very classic style game.

It looks like it should be happening in October. A little too warm for me.

I'm looking forward to Buffalo/KC next week. Bills/Chiefs is always a beautiful matchup, and it'll be that much exciting given the stakes.

USATSI_10452251.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, dont care said:

The browns orange is far too red. I didn’t think this until I saw them next to the chiefs red and saw how close they were to each other. They really need to go back to the old orange.

The new orange was a major downgrade. The one big stumble of this redesign was keeping the sunburned orange. That, and not going back to the clearly superior gray facemask.

48 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Pats won Super Bowls 49 and 51 wearing white and lost 42 and 46 wearing blue. 

🤔

certainly the most superfluous reason a team's chosen white but it's something, I guess. at least they won't have a reason to do it again. it ended the streak of white teams winning which was nice too

The more I think about it, the more I’d love a TB-CLE Super Bowl with either of these uniform combinations

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

However, obviously Brady & the Bucs need to get through New Orleans and the Browns are currently clawing their way back against Kansas City

Up until today's game, I was pulling for a Browns-Saints Super Bowl solely for the possibility of the Saints' color rush set against the Browns' brown jerseys over orange pants. That would have been an easy contender for nicest-looking Super Bowl in years. 

YN8pU44.jpg

p337LF5.jpg

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The new orange was a major downgrade. The one big stumble of this redesign was keeping the sunburned orange. That, and not going back to the clearly superior gray facemask.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I like the more saturated orange and hate gray facemasks in general. 

7 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

The NFL is very strict on no alternate uniforms in the Super Bowl. I don't think there's ever been an exception besides the 1994 49ers which was special circumstances. I would prefer the Saints in their alts instead of all-black, but it's very unlikely

Wasn't this technically an alt?

0_NFL-Super-Bowl-LIII-New-England-Patrio

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wasn't this technically an alt?

[pic]

It was an alt that they were granted permission to promote to the home uniform for that year. They wore it at home 5 times in the reg. season, and at home in the divisional round. The only other unis they had that year were the white-on-white and the all-yellow color rush

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It looks like it should be happening in October. A little too warm for me.

I'm looking forward to Buffalo/KC next week. Bills/Chiefs is always a beautiful matchup, and it'll be that much exciting given the stakes.

USATSI_10452251.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Two really nice matchups next weekend 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Up until today's game, I was pulling for a Browns-Saints Super Bowl solely for the possibility of the Saints' color rush set against the Browns' brown jerseys over orange pants. That would have been an easy contender for nicest-looking Super Bowl in years. 

YN8pU44.jpg

p337LF5.jpg

While they look awesome on their own, it drives me crazy that it's basically the same uniform template in different colors.

One of the main reasons I don't really want the Saints or Dolphins to move back to this template full time.

Archived