Oklahoma City Blazers New Logo

Retromaniac

Don't you just love how they represented the burning capitol building?

*whispering*

Huh? Whuzzat? Oh. OK.

Um, yyyyeeeaaahhhh, great logo... :therock:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

This makes no sense! Its like Roadrunners in Canada, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!

What does a capitol building have anything to do with Blazing flame?!

Although I did read that they will only use the logo through the 2007-08 season to celebrate the states centennial in November 07! Thank God it is only temporary!(I HOPE!) :puke:

Signature intentionally left blank

that would be an ok secondary logo, but primary, they might as well change their name lol. well unless they set the dome on fire, and then it would work, but that would never happen

This makes no sense! Its like Roadrunners in Canada, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!

What does a capitol building have anything to do with Blazing flame?!

Well, it would make sense if this team were based in Salem Oregon, where their capitol building (which has a dome) was destroyed TWICE by fire, once in 1855 and again in 1935. True story!

I agree, however, that this is just stupid. At least it's a tastefull retro look, but if I had to look at this for the next 3 seasons, I would :puke:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

That capitol building looks way too much like the US capitol. They had better be a Caps affiliate to use that, otherwise that will go to the top of the list of out of place logos.

VmWIn6B.png

jersey11.jpg

Team Website

Don't know how this one slipped under the radar. Personally, I think it's a step backwards for the team's identity when compared with the old stuff. It's way too stoic for a team called the Blazers. What does everybody else think?

QPR%20Sig.png

it'd be a cool secondary. I wouldn't mind it as one. But as a primary...did they pay them in naptime or what?

On another note...that jersey looks really uncomfortable to wear for some reason. Like its made of asbestos or something.

i love this merger option... intead of closing we can combine 2 similar topics into one super one

ps... as for the jersey and logo... :puke: ... yeesh what were they thinking

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

-sigh-

The rebirth of the Blazers coincided with my third year of law school at Oklahoma City University, so I spent a lot of time down at the Myriad and State Fair Arena (the rinks where the team split time playing) and was a huge Blazer fan. The original logo, while not any great artistic work, was simple and conveyed the Blazer theme very well. It got tweaked a few years ago so that it looked more like a flaming puck than a comet but at least it stayed relevant to the theme. This new setup makes absolutely no sense - for someone who can say that they were a Blazer fan from day one, I can say with no hesitation whatsoever that this is a huge disappointment and I have a feeling there will be considerable fan backlash.

Archived