MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

1 hour ago, rwaters1221 said:

I do remember the red one, just forgot the blue version. I guess a 6 year old batting practice/spring training jersey was the best they could do for this kid signing his first contract. @MNtwins3 have you heard and rumors about the "M" hat returning? It's always surprised me that a hat they won two World Series in doesn't at least come back for an alternate rather than just as a one off variant for 4th of July. Would be great to see for the 30th anniversary of their last title.

I agree. There was even a brief period within the past two years in which New Era stopped making the "M" hat. I know this because I lost my old one in the summer of 2019 and was disappointed that I couldn't find a replacement. I eventually bought a fitted one made by '47 Brand that was of a similar quality. Then sometime in the last year, some New Era "M" hats began to recirculate in some places. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. There was even a brief period within the past two years in which New Era stopped making the "M" hat. I know this because I lost my old one in the summer of 2019 and was disappointed that I couldn't find a replacement. I eventually bought a fitted one made by '47 Brand that was of a similar quality. Then sometime in the last year, some New Era "M" hats began to recirculate in some places. 

This might be blasphemy but I would like to see the normal M hat with gold trim around the logo like the alternate hats. Specifically wear it with the navy home uniform to really drive in the idea that its every era of Twins baseball on 1 uniform.

9 hours ago, rwaters1221 said:

I do remember the red one, just forgot the blue version. I guess a 6 year old batting practice/spring training jersey was the best they could do for this kid signing his first contract. @MNtwins3 have you heard and rumors about the "M" hat returning? It's always surprised me that a hat they won two World Series in doesn't at least come back for an alternate rather than just as a one off variant for 4th of July. Would be great to see for the 30th anniversary of their last title.

I haven't heard anything about the M hat, but I have heard that they were looking at getting new uniforms for 2022. Most likely with the updated version of the retro wordmark that they've been flaunting on social media graphics and the jumbotron graphics. And if that's the case, I don't think the M will come back, as that hat/logo distinctly goes with the metrodome uniforms, and would stick out like a sore thumb on a new set

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, ptaylor said:

Are we expecting new batting practice caps again this season? 

Are we expecting anything new this year? It's been crazy quiet. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if MLB mostly sits this one out (other than ASG, July 4, etc.), given the full Nike takeover of jersey design and manufacturing coming in 2022 and who knows what logistical challenges covid still presents to manufacturing, distribution, and sales.  

2 hours ago, _J_ said:

Not this year. Generally, they're around for two years before being replaced.

As always though, never know.

We had new ST/BP hats in 2018 (plastic logos), 2019 (hex tech), and 2020 (combined logos).

Seeing as how the 2020 BP hats were heavily criticized for being ugly, I fully expect new BP hats in 2021.  

The ST logos on the hats will obviously be updated, which allows for new designs too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

We had new BP hats in 2018 (plastic logos), 2019 (hex tech), and 2020 (combined logos).

Seeing as how the 2020 BP hats were heavily criticized for being ugly, I fully expect new BP hats in 2021.  

For the most part though, the 2019 hats were the same design on traditional materials. Depends on you count, I go by designs.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

24 minutes ago, _J_ said:

For the most part though, the 2019 hats were the same design on traditional materials. Depends on you count, I go by designs.

Well every team’s design was changed in 2020, and I don’t think any team will keep the mixed logo look. 

ST hats are usually released the Tuesday after the Super Bowl (New Era has to promote SB Champs hats for a full day before moving on to baseball). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yes. This. We never "need" new BP caps but if there was ever a year that we "need" new BP caps 2021 is it. Please correct the hideous abomination of 2020 BP caps. Please.

2 minutes ago, Brian E said:

i was surprised to see no one posted this yet:

seems pretty clear the mets black jerseys (either in their old form or an updated one) will be back very soon.

Man, what a joke. I can't believe they got rid of that garbage only to bring it back again. A joke jersey for a joke franchise.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just now, QCS said:

Man, what a joke. I can't believe they got rid of that garbage only to bring it back again. A joke jersey for a joke franchise.

i'm very...eh...on the whole matter.

i joined this forum a loooong time ago in large part to rail against the inclusion of black in the mets' overall look. and i still say, it's not so much having *one* black alternate jersey as much as it was letting black take over their whole look, top to bottom.

i don't think it's a big deal to wear 'em once a night. everything old is new again. for better or worse, they're a big part of the team's visual history. so i think they're an upgrade from what they have? no. but as we've come to learn long ago, that's far from the only factor teams consider on this stuff.

sig2024.png

7 minutes ago, Brian E said:

i was surprised to see no one posted this yet:

seems pretty clear the mets black jerseys (either in their old form or an updated one) will be back very soon.

At first glance I thought he had my name on his cleats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, Brian E said:

i'm very...eh...on the whole matter.

i joined this forum a loooong time ago in large part to rail against the inclusion of black in the mets' overall look. and i still say, it's not so much having *one* black alternate jersey as much as it was letting black take over their whole look, top to bottom.

i don't think it's a big deal to wear 'em once a night. everything old is new again. for better or worse, they're a big part of the team's visual history. so i think they're an upgrade from what they have? no. but as we've come to learn long ago, that's far from the only factor teams consider on this stuff.

Now you'll get these fugly black jerseys on Friday at home, they will also have to wear their vastly superior blue alts from time to time and first thing you'll notice, they'll barely wear one of the best uniform in the majors that they finally had right removing all the dropshadows. :censored: Steven Cohen...

Just now, jp1409 said:

Now you'll get these fugly black jerseys on Friday at home, they will also have to wear their vastly superior blue alts from time to time and first thing you'll notice, they'll barely wear one of the best uniform in the majors that they finally had right removing all the dropshadows. :censored: Steven Cohen...

FWIW, they've barely worn their blue alts in the last two years (nine times at home in 2019, three times at home in the shortened 2020), but hey...at least you're taking it in stride!

sig2024.png

Archived