MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

Now you'll get these fugly black jerseys on Friday at home, they will also have to wear their vastly superior blue alts from time to time and first thing you'll notice, they'll barely wear one of the best uniform in the majors that they finally had right removing all the dropshadows. :censored: Steven Cohen...

I highly doubt that. They’ll only wear this for Friday Night Home games. Not every Friday. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, insert name said:

I highly doubt that. They’ll only wear this for Friday Night Home games. Not every Friday. 

I did say Friday at home. Since Friday are never a day off that's about 1/6 of their home games and that's way too much...

Just now, jp1409 said:

I did say Friday at home. Since Friday are never a day off that's about 1/6 of their home games and that's way too much...

interestingly, the first two fridays of the year (one road, one home) are off days. but anyway, the mets have 12 friday home games, leaving 69 (nice!) non-black dates. even if they kept the blue home alt in their look (which isn't necessary when they have a blue road look) and used it 10 times, that'd be an initial 59 pins/12 black/10 blue split.

of course, you likely have to deduct for the special uni event days (mother's and father's day, armed forces day, memorial day, fourth of july, players weekend). that probably subtracts 10 pinstripe days and three black days (assuming they wear memorial day and fourth of july unis all weekend). that gets you to 49/9/10. easily kill off some (or all) of those blue dates and you could have something like a 53/9/6 split if i've done my back-of-the-napkin math correctly.

sig2024.png

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

interestingly, the first two fridays of the year (one road, one home) are off days. but anyway, the mets have 12 friday home games, leaving 69 (nice!) non-black dates. even if they kept the blue home alt in their look (which isn't necessary when they have a blue road look) and used it 10 times, that'd be an initial 59 pins/12 black/10 blue split.

of course, you likely have to deduct for the special uni event days (mother's and father's day, armed forces day, memorial day, fourth of july, players weekend). that probably subtracts 10 pinstripe days and three black days (assuming they wear memorial day and fourth of july unis all weekend). that gets you to 49/9/10. easily kill off some (or all) of those blue dates and you could have something like a 53/9/6 split if i've done my back-of-the-napkin math correctly.

So you'd be alright with them dumping the "really good for an alt" blue homes in favor of black jerseys? And you really think that the boner the players seem to have for black stuff wouldn't make them ask to wear it even more than once a week? This is how this :censored: starts... Only Friday at home and then they make it to the World Series and wear this crap 3 out of 4 home games...

Just now, jp1409 said:

So you'd be alright with them dumping the "really good for an alt" blue homes in favor of black jerseys? And you really think that the boner the players seem to have for black stuff wouldn't make them ask to wear it even more than once a week? This is how this :censored: starts... Only Friday at home and then they make it the the World Series and wear this crap 3 out of 4 home games...

i'll just have to live with the consequences of my actions then, even if it means potentially seeing my favorite team play for a championship wearing a jersey that i think, in a vacuum, is basically fine.

sig2024.png

23 minutes ago, Brian E said:

i'll just have to live with the consequences of my actions then, even if it means potentially seeing my favorite team play for a championship wearing a jersey that i think, in a vacuum, is basically fine.

I'd consider myself a uniforms nerd. Seeing one of my favorite teams do anything significant wearing a bottom three jersey in their respective sport would definitely hurt...

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm surprised Alonso was "allowed" to leak that information before the team announced it.

The Mets probably did have something to announce but then the Porter incident happened so that derailed it. Alonso also said "when fans can come back" so it's something we might not see till next season if things go well. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:
No clue if this is just another version or if it'd replace the logo with the block W, but...

This feels like typical Fanatics junk. The hat wasn't New Era and none of the other items were Nike. Looks like they slapped some random logos together on a cheap hat, shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, etc. Especially noticing the 2019 WS patch on the t-shirt and hoodie.

35 minutes ago, Bucs007 said:

This feels like typical Fanatics junk. The hat wasn't New Era and none of the other items were Nike. Looks like they slapped some random logos together on a cheap hat, shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, etc. Especially noticing the 2019 WS patch on the t-shirt and hoodie.

It’s not Fanatics branded. “Pro Standard” is the brand, and apparently for this line they can mix up current logos.

https://www.mlbshop.com/baltimore-orioles/mens-baltimore-orioles-pro-standard-black-logo-jogger-pants/t-36440739+p-6088029413070+z-9-4067754860?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r2c2:po-8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, insert name said:

The Mets probably did have something to announce but then the Porter incident happened so that derailed it. Alonso also said "when fans can come back" so it's something we might not see till next season if things go well. 

I'm wondering about the timeline as well. Bringing back the [hideous] black Mets uniforms seems to have gotten momentum since Cohen bought the team a few months ago. Although these aren't technically "new" uniforms, wouldn't they be subject to the typical deadlines in order to be allowed in the 2021 set? Or are exceptions made for throwbacks?

5 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I'm wondering about the timeline as well. Bringing back the [hideous] black Mets uniforms seems to have gotten momentum since Cohen bought the team a few months ago. Although these aren't technically "new" uniforms, wouldn't they be subject to the typical deadlines in order to be allowed in the 2021 set? Or are exceptions made for throwbacks?

the movement to bring back the black uniforms really began in earnest during the 2019 season. alonso expressed the desire on social media, then when they acquired marcus stroman, he got in on the action, too. it's worth noting that last season was the 20th anniversary of the 2000 pennant, so it's possible that they could have been in the pipeline for a special event uni last year (one person that would know told me they were going to wear them for a weekend in 2020, but i was never able to confirm that), and now with the ownership change, they're making an exception and letting them bring them back as a regular alt.

sig2024.png

6 minutes ago, Brian E said:

and now with the ownership change, they're making an exception and letting them bring them back as a regular alt.

Is this your opinion or has it been confirmed that they made an exception for Cohen?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived