MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

They are faux packets with a 1/4 button up like a polo style collar with hidden buttons like in your picture.

The Arkansas unis have what looks to be a full placket...are the buttons only above the wordmark? 

The Nike website says the Vapor Prime template uses a "full snap placket"...which would obviously create a button-less placket as well. 

https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/p/builder?styleNumber=CT8928

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Arkansas unis have what looks to be a full placket...are the buttons only above the wordmark? 

The Nike website says the Vapor Prime template uses a "full snap placket"...which would obviously create a button-less placket as well. 

https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/p/builder?styleNumber=CT8928

Maybe that is right, I just know I see a seam on the Oklahoma uniform I posted that is just above the wordmark indicating that is just button up to that point.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Maybe that is right, I just know I see a seam on the Oklahoma uniform I posted that is just above the wordmark indicating that is just button up to that point.

Yeah it looks like Oklahoma and Arkansas are wearing slightly different templates...Oklahoma definitely has the button-up look. 

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah it looks like Oklahoma and Arkansas are wearing slightly different templates...Oklahoma definitely has the button-up look. 

The Oklahoma uniform is on an older template. The one Arkansas has is the newest Nike template. 

This is the Oklahoma template for this year, as posted in the College Baseball Thread

9 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

The Oklahoma uniform is on an older template. The one Arkansas has is the newest Nike template. 

This is the Oklahoma template for this year, as posted in the College Baseball Thread

This is what I tried to post. As you can see just above the wordmark is a seam on the placket that indicates that’s where the button up starts.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

At what point does the modern function of a baseball uniform move fully past the traditional form? All this mucking around with plackets just looks odd to me.

The snaps would provide the added function of being able to rip it off Hulk Hogan style after a walk-off HR, so I'm all in favor of it.

None of this faux-placket mess.  Hidden buttons or snaps are OK, even if it seems like wasted material, but if it's going to be only one or two buttons on the top, then just make it like the old Mets tops were rather than faking it the rest of the way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

Anybody open this up in twitter and see the first couple comments by an old familiar name?

This looks better than with the seam, but sorta clashes with the more classic looks.  The holes are so defined that they look like dots that are part of the design, like how the DBacks had those weird tops and pant legs a few years ago.

EDIT: are the numbers transparent?  YOu can see pinstripes through the 2, and dots through the 1.

Et5ySU6VcAIOOiU?format=jpg&name=medium

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nike was doing that on their soccer jersey numbers in the late 00s and early 10s, until it got to the point where there was more see-through than there was number printing material.

Then they stopped because I guess they weren’t saving much back sweat after all, idk.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Anybody open this up in twitter and see the first couple comments by an old familiar name?

It was what, five or six years ago when he flooded this board with his love of pullovers? He still thinks button-downs and actual belts are too 1961 lol. 

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Why wouldn’t they? They have done it for every other league they have entered in.

As has their major competitor in North American pro sports.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It might not be the worst idea if Nike introduced "jogger" style pants for baseball - especially if it gets rid of the pajama look.  There's no non-dorky middle ground between blousing high or wearing down by the shoes.

Archived