Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

They are faux packets with a 1/4 button up like a polo style collar with hidden buttons like in your picture.

 

The Arkansas unis have what looks to be a full placket...are the buttons only above the wordmark? 

 

 

The Nike website says the Vapor Prime template uses a "full snap placket"...which would obviously create a button-less placket as well. 

 

https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/p/builder?styleNumber=CT8928

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

 

I don't want to speak for them but I think the suggestion was more along the lines of introducing a blue alternate into the regular season mix. Something in line with the existing brand identity.

 

That and fixing the black jersey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The Arkansas unis have what looks to be a full placket...are the buttons only above the wordmark? 

 

 

The Nike website says the Vapor Prime template uses a "full snap placket"...which would obviously create a button-less placket as well. 

 

https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/p/builder?styleNumber=CT8928

Maybe that is right, I just know I see a seam on the Oklahoma uniform I posted that is just above the wordmark indicating that is just button up to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At what point does the modern function of a baseball uniform move fully past the traditional form? All this mucking around with plackets just looks odd to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Maybe that is right, I just know I see a seam on the Oklahoma uniform I posted that is just above the wordmark indicating that is just button up to that point.

 

Yeah it looks like Oklahoma and Arkansas are wearing slightly different templates...Oklahoma definitely has the button-up look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Yeah it looks like Oklahoma and Arkansas are wearing slightly different templates...Oklahoma definitely has the button-up look. 

 

The Oklahoma uniform is on an older template. The one Arkansas has is the newest Nike template. 

This is the Oklahoma template for this year, as posted in the College Baseball Thread

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

 

The Oklahoma uniform is on an older template. The one Arkansas has is the newest Nike template. 

This is the Oklahoma template for this year, as posted in the College Baseball Thread

 

 

 

 

This is what I tried to post. As you can see just above the wordmark is a seam on the placket that indicates that’s where the button up starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digby said:

At what point does the modern function of a baseball uniform move fully past the traditional form? All this mucking around with plackets just looks odd to me.

 

 

The snaps would provide the added function of being able to rip it off Hulk Hogan style after a walk-off HR, so I'm all in favor of it.

 

None of this faux-placket mess.  Hidden buttons or snaps are OK, even if it seems like wasted material, but if it's going to be only one or two buttons on the top, then just make it like the old Mets tops were rather than faking it the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

 

The Oklahoma uniform is on an older template. The one Arkansas has is the newest Nike template. 

This is the Oklahoma template for this year, as posted in the College Baseball Thread

 

 

 

 

Anybody open this up in twitter and see the first couple comments by an old familiar name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks better than with the seam, but sorta clashes with the more classic looks.  The holes are so defined that they look like dots that are part of the design, like how the DBacks had those weird tops and pant legs a few years ago.

 

EDIT: are the numbers transparent?  YOu can see pinstripes through the 2, and dots through the 1.

 

Et5ySU6VcAIOOiU?format=jpg&name=medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The numbers have perforations in them to make them "lighter" but you can see the material on the other side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

The numbers have perforations in them to make them "lighter" but you can see the material on the other side

That is incredibly stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike was doing that on their soccer jersey numbers in the late 00s and early 10s, until it got to the point where there was more see-through than there was number printing material.

 

Then they stopped because I guess they weren’t saving much back sweat after all, idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCall said:

Anybody open this up in twitter and see the first couple comments by an old familiar name?

 

It was what, five or six years ago when he flooded this board with his love of pullovers? He still thinks button-downs and actual belts are too 1961 lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trevor Bauer was wearing his Dodgers jersey today at his press conference...looks like two patches for Tommy and Don are on the right sleeve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Is Nike actually going to introduce those gimmicky templates, or something similar, to MLB?

Why wouldn’t they? They have done it for every other league they have entered in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Why wouldn’t they? They have done it for every other league they have entered in.

As has their major competitor in North American pro sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, McCall said:

Anybody open this up in twitter and see the first couple comments by an old familiar name?

So what’s the story behind this? It’s before my time here obviously...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might not be the worst idea if Nike introduced "jogger" style pants for baseball - especially if it gets rid of the pajama look.  There's no non-dorky middle ground between blousing high or wearing down by the shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.