MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If teams wore pullovers back in 70's then they could rock a throwback once a week. Fauxbutton pullovers would be fine.  I had high hopes when UA was going to have the contract, so we might get darker gray / fauxback unis that U of Maryland had at the time.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Pullovers look awful. All-powder blue uniforms look awful. Leave both of them in the past where they belong.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pullovers tend(ed) to rely on sleeve cuffs and collars moreso than button-downs...

A v-neck pullover jersey with no cuffs or collar trim would look pretty ugly and cheap...so that's really the reason why there hasn't been a massive switch. 

This admittedly looks pretty good (the blue undershirt and the 80s bear help) but it only works because of the added trim elements.

Image result for 1987 cubs

absolutely, i agree with this. i do think though that....let's say, nike implemented a league-wide template that was exclusively pullover and many teams didn't have neck/sleeve piping. it might look weird initially, but i'd venture to say most of us would get used to it pretty quickly. i'm sure that nike and fanatics would love it for retail purposes, too. 

sig2024.png

44 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

If Nike were to go the pullover route, something Henley-style for batting practice or spring training would make the most sense.

Majestic did that a few years back, they're on sale on Majestic by Fanatics now at a ridiculous discount if they have your team and size.

https://www.majesticathletic.com/mlb-batting-practice-jerseys/o-1287+d-50229613+z-93706-2978254225

Men's Majestic Navy/Yellow Milwaukee Brewers Authentic Collection On-Field 3/4-Sleeve Batting Practice Jersey

It's just a cool social media effects thing but the Marlins jersey depicted in this post doesn't exist but it would be a cool starting point whenever the Marlins want to make a regular season blue alternate, meaning having the Marlins wordmark across the chest as opposed to the current BP/ST version which has the cap logo on the chest...

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No vests, no pullovers, no white-crowned hats; every team in the majors should have a traditional uniform template and work from there.

I’m almost on board with you there; I’m all for no pullovers and no white crowned hats, but I think the Pirates ought to be in (true) vests full-time and forever. I go back and forth on the idea of the Reds going vests full-time too, but the Pirates simply don’t look like the Pirates to me without them. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

39 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m almost on board with you there; I’m all for no pullovers and no white crowned hats, but I think the Pirates ought to be in (true) vests full-time and forever. I go back and forth on the idea of the Reds going vests full-time too, but the Pirates simply don’t look like the Pirates to me without them. 

This is a ball player right here. Great look. To do it right, you can’t do that ugly vest style from the early 2000s where it’s the regular jersey with the sleeves cut off and the vest is much too wide. The sleeve holes need to be set in a bit just like this photo. And players would need to wear solid undershirts with no graphics whatsoever.

spacer.png

21 needs to retired league-wide for Clemente.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

You could arguably add the A’s to that list, provided they do the vests proper, which they did for their throwbacks from the anniversary season a couple years back.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Image result for pittsburgh pirates 2013

I dunno, these look like the Pittsburgh Pirates to me. Black and gold, classic P on the caps, ornate-block letters and numbers, those are more important than a vest in defining them. The We Are Family Pirates didn't wear vests, they wore outlined pinstripes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's just a cool social media effects thing but the Marlins jersey depicted in this post doesn't exist but it would be a cool starting point whenever the Marlins want to make a regular season blue alternate, meaning having the Marlins wordmark across the chest as opposed to the current BP/ST version which has the cap logo on the chest...

YES!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Sure, the Pirates have maintained many non-vest elements that are instantly recognizable, and maybe “not looking like the Pirates without vests” sounds a little harsh. But for some reason I can’t completely put my finger on, the Pirates look so right in vests that everything else doesn’t look right enough, if that makes sense. The “We Are Family” set and the current set seem like alternates in comparison. I think it’s partly because I grew up right when they went back to vests for a time and is what I’ve most associated with them in my lifetime, and partly because of the strong historical impact of these two:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Clemente is one of the most iconic figures in baseball history, who wore the vest for the bulk of his career, and Mazeroski provided one of the most iconic moments in baseball history while wearing the vest. As great as Stargell was and as fun as “We Are Family” was (and considering there’s no player or moment of that stature associated with the current set), the vest just has so much more attached to it in my mind.

Also, side note: I’m all-in on retiring Clemente’s number across baseball. I hope it happens someday.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

No vests, no pullovers, no white-crowned hats; every team in the majors should have a traditional uniform template and work from there.

People have been talking about vests, but I think the Reds are the exception to the rule on both fronts.

1961Reds.jpg

But that's because they're a two-color team with white being one of them.   Admittedly, I think looking at the league a number of two-tone teams would objectively looks good with them, but it's unnecessary.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived