MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BBTV said:

I think liking their current uniforms is a perfectly reasonable stance.  It's not one that I share, but I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone that does.  It's a conservative look with a lot of "classic" elements. Now if someone's saying the Marlins' black mess or Rangers disaster is "fire", I might question their sanity.

I think the Rockies current uniforms are completely fine, but I also think they’re due for a better font and more refined logo set. However, to call them “fire” is a bit of a stretch.

I remember seeing a photoshopped Rockies tweak concept once which was simply just swapping the undershirt, socks, and cap color to purple on the home and road sets (with a black “CR” outlined in silver on the cap), and I was pleasantly surprised at how big a difference it made. That tweak alone breathed a whole lot of life into the set, so it leads me to believe the Rockies aren’t far from getting it right. I’m certainly not opposed to more refinements and exploration for them too, but I don’t think they have a lost cause on thier hands with what they have, either. Just emphasizing purple more can do the trick.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Report: Colorado Rockies Getting New Uniform “Next Year”

January 6, 2021 - 19:34 PM

According to an email exchange, the Colorado Rockies are getting a new uniform next year… maybe? To be honest I don’t really know. So, I don’t know if “next year” is 2021 or if it’s 2022. I don’t know if it’s just one new uniform or an entirely new set

Read More...

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

If they mean 2021, and the Rockies missed a holiday-sized opportunity to sell the new merch....

The lack of uni news throughout the league makes me wonder if new league-wide program(s) is coming...but then again, I don’t think Nike would have squandered the holiday shopping season.

The fan-friendly Clubhouse hats should be revealed the week of the 18th, I think, so we might see new changes then. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"A" new uniform.  "A".  There's nothing that says that they're getting all new uniforms.  It could simply mean a new alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"A" new uniform.  "A".  There's nothing that says that they're getting all new uniforms.  It could simply mean a new alt.

its very vague.  A single new alt could be phrased as “a new jersey for them”.  Uniform usually implies the whole set of a teams look.  

3 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

its very vague.  A single new alt could be phrased as “a new jersey for them”.  Uniform usually implies the whole set of a teams look.  

To us.  Not to everyone.  And technically, a new jersey - even when paired with existing cap and pants - makes for a new uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the Rockies, an edit to the mothership's article adds this note from the Rockies Team Shop (and disproves my theory that "next year" is 2021). 

Save this change for the MLB 2022 Changes thread. Kinda disappointed tbh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know it's been a slow offseason for design updates and we're all hungry for something new to critique, but I'm quite certain that the Rockies' owner was referring to a new jersey not a uniform package. They are probably either adding a new alternate or modifying an existing one. There's a bit of room there, considering that they're the only team to be wearing a vest right now (excluding the D-Backs' throwback).

The Rockies don't have an amazing set, but I don't consider them to be one of the teams that needs a rebrand. I really admire the fact that they've sustained a consistent identity throughout their existence--something that I wish the other 90s expansion teams had done. While none of the other teams nailed it from the very beginning, their best looks are all several rebrands ago.

Adding some more purple to the set would be welcome, though, particularly in the wordmarks of the home whites. Their 1994-1999 road uniform is the best thing they've ever worn, although I'm someone who tends to be irked by grays that bear the nickname. Regardless, their current grays need to make the purple more pronounced.

My gut is telling me that the "new uniform" would be something Colorado flag themed. They've been leaning into that a bit with their batting practice caps and that look seems marketable, even if its already been adopted by the Avalanche to some extent in their secondary logo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this jersey today on the Twins Twitter page and didn't recognize this jersey. It is a Majestic brand and not Nike so not sure if it was just for the photo op. I thought I heard a rumour floating around that the Twins were bringing back the "M" hat, could this be a new Jersey to go with it?

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

Saw this jersey today on the Twins Twitter page and didn't recognize this jersey. It is a Majestic brand and not Nike so not sure if it was just for the photo op. I thought I heard a rumour floating around that the Twins were bringing back the "M" hat, could this be a new Jersey to go with it?

spacer.png

Kind of looks like a batting practice jersey from a couple years back.

spacer.png

It's Me

2 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Kind of looks like a batting practice jersey from a couple years back.

spacer.png

Can confirm that is the old spring training/BP jersey from like 2014. I know they wore the red one that says "Minnesota" in a game, but idk if this one ever made it into a regular season game.

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

9 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Can confirm that is the old spring training/BP jersey from like 2014. I know they wore the red one that says "Minnesota" in a game, but idk if this one ever made it into a regular season game.

I do remember the red one, just forgot the blue version. I guess a 6 year old batting practice/spring training jersey was the best they could do for this kid signing his first contract. @MNtwins3 have you heard and rumors about the "M" hat returning? It's always surprised me that a hat they won two World Series in doesn't at least come back for an alternate rather than just as a one off variant for 4th of July. Would be great to see for the 30th anniversary of their last title.

Archived