2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After CP put a stop to the Clippers comeback attempt, I just got the feeling that he was shaping/reshaping his legacy.  Whatever happens, he now has a signature performance to win the conference finals. And it's all the more amazing given how bad the Suns have been recently.

Of course, if they win the title, then he sheds almost all of the criticism. It was fun to watch last night and I'm pulling for Phoenix.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Kind of ironic/poetic justice that the Clippers' all-time best player (for now) was the one who prevented them from appearing in their first ever Finals.

The Clippers' all-time best player was in a suite wearing street clothes all series, so in a way, you're technically right.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The Clippers' all-time best player was in a suite wearing street clothes all series, so in a way, you're technically right.

To be an “all-time best player” 2 All-NBA seasons and little to none playoff success doesn’t cut it.

Chris Paul had 5 All-NBA, 6 All-Defensive honors with the Clippers, and he was consistent with his playoff success (he’ll always lead you to the second round). He’s 9th in LAC’s all-time field goals, 4th in threes, 1st in assists and second in steals, first in win shares, plus/minus, and VORP.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Is he though? I know he's the best player to ever play for the Clippers, but has he done enough in two season to be the all-time best Clipper? But IMO, if Kawhi stays with the Clippers, he will be the all-time best Clipper.

Kind of like LeBron is the best player to ever play for the Lakers, but he isn't the all-time best Laker. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Is he though? I know he's the best player to ever play for the Clippers, but has he done enough in two season to be the all-time best Clipper? But IMO, if Kawhi stays with the Clippers, he will be the all-time best Clipper.

Kind of like LeBron is the best player to ever play for the Lakers, but he isn't the all-time best Laker. 

Want to start a fight among Lakers fans? That's the way to do it :) (Also I agree with you)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

49 minutes ago, dont care said:

Pat Beverly would never be allowed to play again. He certainly doesn’t care if his opponents are able to.

I wonder whether he gets suspended to start next season. He really should. That might not be one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen but it is one of the cheapest, particularly given that the series was over and he had nothing to lose by getting ejected.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah but who IS the best all-time Clipper? They've never accomplished enough for there is be A guy who's THE all-time best. 

I guess Chris Paul would be the best choice given what he did with them, but he also beat them to accomplish more with the Suns then he ever did with them. 

Also they traded all of their draft picks to OKC to get a guy who misses free throws, to lure a guy who choked in game seven year one and didn't even suit up year two. 

So I'm sure their front office is gonna have lots of fun in the coming years. 

Just getting to the conference finals is already better than anything CP3 ever accomplished as a Clipper.

xLmjWVv.png

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Just getting to the conference finals is already better than anything CP3 ever accomplished as a Clipper.

But that wasn’t kawhi that got them there. If anything him not playing allowed them to get there.

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

You mean the same guy who's the only reason the Raptors aren't still solely known as "LeBronto" and the team Vince bailed on? 

Raise your hand if you're a fan of a Kawhi Leonard team with a championship ✋ 

Seriously man. Trying to own someone else with the admission that their team won a championship and yours hasn't isn't your best work. 

5 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm sure Chris Paul is lamenting his inability to drag the Clippers over the hump as he and the rest of the Suns prepare for the Finals. 

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

You mean the same guy who's the only reason the Raptors aren't still solely known as "LeBronto" and the team Vince bailed on? 

Who ever called them lebronto? Why doesn’t every city in the East that Lebron kept from getting to the finals for nearly a decade called a version of that.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

But that wasn’t kawhi that got them there. If anything him not playing allowed them to get there.

This makes no sense. The comeback against Utah was already in progress before Kawhi got injured. If the Jazz couldn't close out the Clippers without Kawhi, they definitely weren't going to do it with Kawhi.

xLmjWVv.png

9 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Raise your hand if you're a fan of a Kawhi Leonard team with a championship ✋ 

Seriously man. Trying to own someone else with the admission that their team won a championship and yours hasn't isn't your best work. 

It's not an "own," it's legitimately weird to see a Raptors fan trashing Kawhi this much when he got you guys a ring after years of playoff heartbreak. I would be grateful for any player who could get the Clippers a ring even if they left the following season.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived