2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody else watch that game last night thinking "THE PHOENIX SUNS AND THE MILWAUKEE BUCKS ARE PLAYING EACH OTHER IN THE NBA FINALS!!!!" in the back of their mind the entire time? I feel like not enough is being made about this. This is like if the Vikings and the Jets played each other in the Super Bowl.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Sport said:

Did anybody else watch that game last night thinking "THE PHOENIX SUNS AND THE MILWAUKEE BUCKS ARE PLAYING EACH OTHER IN THE NBA FINALS!!!!" in the back of their mind the entire time? I feel like not enough is being made about this. This is like if the Vikings and the Jets played each other in the Super Bowl.

I watched soccer instead. And I'm an NBA guy, as you know.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, Sport said:

I'm a Suns fan, and I've been "Holy crap, the Suns are in the NBA Finals" for the past few days now. The last time, I was 7 and Jon Paxson ruined my vacation in Disney World. 

Oddly enough, I'm going to Anaheim in a month and am planning on checking out Disneyland for a day. Hopefully there's a different ending this year.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

I'm a Suns fan, and I've been "Holy crap, the Suns are in the NBA Finals" for the past few days now. The last time, I was 7 and Jon Paxson ruined my vacation in Disney World. 

Oddly enough, I'm going to Anaheim in a month and am planning on checking out Disneyland for a day. Hopefully there's a different ending this year.

I was also 7 watching Paxson sink that shot, though I was on the other side of the coin. Now that I'm older, it would've been nice to give one of those rings to Phoenix and Portland during that time. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

A friend of mine who is a Bucks fan, wanted to bet me a beer chug that the Bucks were gonna take this series since I said the fightin' Chris Pauls looked like a team of destiny. I already did one when I promised I would if the Bucs won the SB, but I declined because I wanted to see his team pull it out. Now I'm kinda wishing I had taken him up on it just to see him enjoy it. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Giannis is unreal. Straight up unbelievable. What he did in these last two games is absolutely incredible. Back to back Finals games with 40 points and 10+ boards. Only Shaq has done it before. 

He’s showing everyone why he’s a top 5 player. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Giannis is unreal. Straight up unbelievable. What he did in these last two games is absolutely incredible. Back to back Finals games with 40 points and 10+ boards. Only Shaq has done it before. 

He’s showing everyone why he’s a top 5 player. 

Plus I'm pretty sure his knee isn't 100% to put this Finals performance on a even higher pedestal, but definitely a complete effort from the whole team and exactly what was needed by the Bucks to bounce back.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

This is the first sports final in years where I legitimately want both teams to win. Either a modern legend of the game finally gets a ring after years of excellence or a bright young star silences his already-a-bit-too-loud critics. And the teams themselves are evenly matched as well. This is very refreshing. 

spacer.png

On 7/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, Sport said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Team USA 0-2 in exhibitions.

That's cool.

I've only seen highlights and clips on twitter, but it is absolutely hilarious to see the US players trying to draw fouls and flop as they would in the NBA only to get absolute silence from the FIBA officials. It's like they forgot how to play real basketball. The NBA could learn a thing or two from how FIBA officiates their games.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 7/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Red Wolf said:

Nobody looks less like a coach than the Bucks' coach.

I made the joke that he looks like a divorced dad that they plucked off a bar stool at Goolsby's.

Archived