2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm sure Suns fans would be depressed knowing their championship was all luck. Just look at Raptors fans, those folks don't even like to acknowledge their title. Rockets fans spend their days woefully recalling that they didn't have to go through prime Jordan for their championships.

Are you kidding me? Given the team's history up to that point, I never thought we would EVER see the Raptors win a title. I often hear more whining from Warriors fans about, "if KD were healthy,  blah, blah." If anything, the Houston Rockets should have put the Warriors away in the conference semis.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, got the sarcasm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Suns gotta be on one of the luckiest Finals runs I’ve ever seen. 3 straight teams ALL missing their superstars. 

If Kawhi is healthy, the Clippers win this in 5. If Murray didn’t tear his ACL, that series goes at least 7. If LeBron and AD were healthy, the Suns get bounced in 5. 

I hope they get rocked by the Bucks in the Finals. 

If anything having kawhi out is benefiting the clippers. They wouldn’t have made it past the jazz if he was still playing.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, Gary said:

Yet here they are. How dare they take advantage of the teams less fortunate 

Can you just let me hate the team that will win the title this year in peace? Lmao.

I wasn’t being entirely serious with my “Suns are the luckiest team” schtick. They’re are a really good team that would have likely made it to the WCF/Finals even if their opponents weren’t injured. They’ve been that good this season. 

And if it were my team that benefited from injured teams on their way to a title, I wouldn’t care whatsoever. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It would be really out of character for the NBA Finals to not have LeBron, a dynasty in the making, or a big market team.

I don't know if it's just an anomaly or what, but it's very refreshing to see.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Can you just let me hate the team that will win the title this year in peace? Lmao.

I wasn’t being entirely serious with my “Suns are the luckiest team” schtick. They’re are a really good team that would have likely made it to the WCF/Finals even if their opponents weren’t injured. They’ve been that good this season. 

And if it were my team that benefited from injured teams on their way to a title, I wouldn’t care whatsoever. 

I got your sarcasm. I just couldn’t resist with that little barb.

This Clippers team is legitimately one of the most resilient teams I've ever seen in the NBA. Three starters out injured, a fourth starter still recovering from a knee injury, on the road facing elimination, and they win by 14.

Doc Rivers must be punching the air right now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's Glenn Rivers.  He doesn't deserve to be called "Doc" - especially not in Philadelphia. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't care for the Clippers and I've had a low opinion of Paul George...but man. They've really been bringing it this playoffs. Credit where it's due.

Also, a ref injured Atlanta's best player and we're all kind of really quiet about that. Total fluke accident, but still. What a mess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

If he is, then the air he’s punching is showing more fight than the teams he’s coached. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Also, a ref injured Atlanta's best player and we're all kind of really quiet about that. Total fluke accident, but still. What a mess.

It was a fluke, let's not make the ref turn into another Zaza Pachulia

I saw, I came, I left.

13 hours ago, Lights Out said:

This Clippers team is legitimately one of the most resilient teams I've ever seen in the NBA. Three starters out injured, a fourth starter still recovering from a knee injury, on the road facing elimination, and they win by 14.

So is Montrezl Harrell.

Well Giannis walked under his own power with Thanasis there for moral support, so that's a good sign at least...  I'm just happy the Bucks are still playing lol, this is 80's Bucks level of sustained success that I haven't experienced in my life, and I'm too young to remember 2001, so I'm just trying to enjoy it.  Hoping Giannis' knee hyperextension is nothing too serious, and hoping the Finals visit Milwaukee again sometime soon, be it in a few weeks or while Giannis is still here.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

35 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Not Giannis…

These playoffs, and season, really suck. I don’t mind new blood winning the title, but I hate this onslaught of devastating injuries. 

Yeah, this is beyond stupid now. I hate this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived