2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

didn't see it mentioned, but Panthers wore blue/white with white socks combo for 1st time (usually blue or black socks).  too much white for me esp since MIA went whi/whi.

CLT_JS_PANTHERS_DOLPHINS_16.JPG

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

didn't see it mentioned, but Panthers wore blue/white with white socks combo for 1st time (usually blue or black socks).  too much white for me esp since MIA went whi/whi.

Too much white and the panthers blue is too close to dolphins Aqua. Like I said earlier, I really like that panthers combo against anyone but the dolphins.

15 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

Even though I prefer the silver pants, that look isn't too bad EXCEPT for that Peter Pan lower half.  What is it with that ballerina look? 

33 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

After seeing Washington go all burgundy for the second year in a row against Seattle, the combo isn’t my favorite, but I don’t hate it.

I actually don't hate it either, but their helmets need a little white to make it work.  Even just an outline on the numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, pagan696 said:

I wish the Dolphins would've wore their aqua pants with either white or aqua socks.

1 hour ago, Nick72Phins said:

I wish the Dolphins would've wore their aqua pants with either white or aqua socks.

Aqua pants calls for striped socks, traditionally anyway. (Past Fins unis).  With these threads they have no striped socks so they use aqua socks with  aqua pants which makes me sad as a fellow Dolfan.  

2 hours ago, QCS said:

To be honest, I forgot the Panthers had white socks. We don't need 'em, only color sock we need is blue.

That's the craziest part which went even further under the radar: this is the first time that the Panthers have worn white socks in franchise history. Would make them the latest team to lose their battle in the sock war. The thing is that every single team in the league has all white socks in their style guides dating back to 2016, the first year of league-wide color rush. When mandatory color rush games became a thing, they made it so every team would at least have an all-white variant of their uniform in the case that their color rush color clashed with another their scheduled color rush night, with the Patriots going so far as to add white pants to their line up just in case of bad contrast. When the Cowboys broke the damn by using their color rush pants with their normal color jersey, all hell was set to break loose with teams struggling to resist diversifying their swag with their freshly expanded wardrobes. The socks have been sitting there in the style guides this entire time just waiting for one team after another to take their turn testing out the "icy white" aesthetic whether it be from head to toe or all below the belt. The lasting fallout of the color rush experiment has really been this sock war we've had to endure for the last few years.

2 hours ago, Est1980 said:

Aqua pants calls for striped socks, traditionally anyway. (Past Fins unis).  With these threads they have no striped socks so they use aqua socks with  aqua pants which makes me sad as a fellow Dolfan.  

I have the same sediments as well. I miss how we use to wear the stripe socks with our aqua pants back in 2011 and years prior. What makes it more infuriating is that we have the helmet stripe to use on white stripe socks, but choose not to do so.

12 hours ago, pagan696 said:

A color jersey with white pants & socks is just the worst. One of the prime examples of it:

NglV9MB.jpg

The Pat Patriot uniforms are the only exception where this type of combo looks good, and that’s because the socks have stripes.

3zf26gF.jpg

3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

A color jersey with white pants & socks is just the worst. One of the prime examples of it:

NglV9MB.jpg

The Pat Patriot uniforms are the only exception where this type of combo looks good, and that’s because the socks have stripes.

This picture makes me realize that as long as the helmet and jersey colors match, I’m almost okay with white pants and white socks

Archived