2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

My only complaint with this look is the pants feel bland without the green. Same with the white pants. The navy pants are more consistent with the color scheme. And my unpopular opinion is the Seahawks are one of the few teams that can pull off monochrome (Navy)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

🤬

Their team identity is generic, off-brand poo poo.  Unless they see their logos, a casual fan may have no idea who this team is. 

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

A suggestion I don’t think I’ve seen before: How would we feel about the Cowboys going completely royal with the white jersey, while keeping navy for the color jersey?

I feel like if they matched all the blues on the white jersey to navy, it might lose a little bit of that “classic” element, but it’d also be strange if the blue jersey changed to royal blue.

Something like this:

30fMBYU.png

Switching out the helmet decals shouldn’t be too difficult since the Cowboys only wear the navy jersey a few times a year at most.

I’d be content with a compromise: Change the navy on the dark set to royal blue and put double outlines on the numbers of both jerseys.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 12/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, ARTnSocal said:

The Chargers have never had powder blue pants, only white and the bright yellow ones which were introduced in 1966.

And, of course, dark blue pants during their navy years. But NEVER powder blue - and I’m happy with that. Aside from their monochrome alternate looks, the Chargers only ever wear powder blue socks, which means they never match pants to socks with any of their regular uniform combos, and ALWAYS match socks to either jersey base or jersey numbers. They have a fantastic scheme and it always looks well-coordinated. 

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

A suggestion I don’t think I’ve seen before: How would we feel about the Cowboys going completely royal with the white jersey, while keeping navy for the color jersey?

I feel like if they matched all the blues on the white jersey to navy, it might lose a little bit of that “classic” element, but it’d also be strange if the blue jersey changed to royal blue.

Something like this:

30fMBYU.png

Switching out the helmet decals shouldn’t be too difficult since the Cowboys only wear the navy jersey a few times a year at most.

I'm indifferent on this one...with my Cowboys, I hope to see one of two things:

1. Go back to the 70's with dark royal and metallic blue
  2. Or go back to the 60's/90's with a set based around the Color Rush.

Here, having the two jerseys match in striping is great, but seeing them in royal blue graphics while playing in navy(and vice versa) would drive me crazy. The Giants already pull this stunt, would hate to see Dem 'Boyz do it in the same division.

If you darkened the royal a bit, and lightened the navy a bit (to the point where they are somewhat similar, but not exactly the same shade), this would be great.

Miami in all white once again smh. I've just been really disappointed at their uni schedule compared to years past. This also likely means that were seeing the aqua throwbacks again vs the pats and maybe vs the jets as well. Fins could've worn the aqua

s like 7-8 times this year, but na.

1 hour ago, Jamesw244 said:

Miami in all white once again smh. I've just been really disappointed at their uni schedule compared to years past. This also likely means that were seeing the aqua throwbacks again vs the pats and maybe vs the jets as well. Fins could've worn the aqua

s like 7-8 times this year, but na.

I was hoping it would start Week 9 vs. Houston but instead they’ve pushed it back even later than usual.

Jets going with the all black look tomorrow. Now I'm on record for saying that as far as BFBS goes it's not bad, but I feel like the Jets have only worn green at home twice this season. I get the color clash with Philly but they've really gone too much with the white and black looks this season compared to their actual home look

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I was hoping it would start Week 9 vs. Houston but instead they’ve pushed it back even later than usual.

Miami doesn't wear the regular aqua that much. The Dolphins are probably going to overhaul their uniforms when the 5 year rule on it is complete. The uniform was modified in 2018, next year will be the 5th year of the modification.

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Jets going with the all black look tomorrow. Now I'm on record for saying that as far as BFBS goes it's not bad, but I feel like the Jets have only worn green at home twice this season. I get the color clash with Philly but they've really gone too much with the white and black looks this season compared to their actual home look

Green/black/green/black, while still both being dark colors admittedly, at least feels like it could have some potential if the Jets insist on having black be a prominent part of their color scheme. Too bad the black jerseys must be worn with black pants and socks, according to their own rules.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Zack15 said:

Seahawks just need to go back to the silver helmet and call it a day. Hoping to 'sea' throwbacks next year with the helmet rule.

Not possible.  Teams are allowed new helmets next year (if they declared within the very tight time frame) but not new uniforms unless they were already in the style guide.  Most throwbacks will unfortunately need to wait until 2023.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Do the Steelers still wear the throwback jersey? The one without the team logo on the chest and different number font than the regular jersey.

It's still in the style guide and they'd be smart to wear it Week 15 or Week 17. 

18 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I’m glad it sounds like the league isn’t just letting any team add any alternate helmet, and that it needs to be part of an actual throwback look for approval.

Throwback or designated alternate. So for example, while the Pat Patriot white helmet is on its way back, we theoretically could see a purple helmet for the Ravens color rush

Archived