2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

For as mismatched as their white set is, at least their navy set was solid.  Now that's a mismatched train wreck too.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man the cowboys white pants sucks. I don’t like that white pants are becoming the default with the blue jerseys. I have never been a big fan of the navy blue jerseys, but the look is really bad with the white pants. The HUGE double outlined white numbers really stand out-in a bad way- with the white pants, and white pants are generally stupid with silver helmets anyway.

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

For as mismatched as their white set is, at least their navy set was solid.  Now that's a mismatched train wreck too.  

At least all the blues still match. Should Dallas always use the silver pants with the navy jersey? Absolutely, but I wouldn’t call using white pants with that use correct blue a “mismatched train wreck” by any accounts.

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

At least all the blues still match. Should Dallas always use the silver pants with the navy jersey? Absolutely, but I wouldn’t call using white pants with that use correct blue a “mismatched train wreck” by any accounts.

train wreck may be harsh, but I feel that way about all white pants with silver or gold helmets. It totally clashes to me. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree that Dallas and even Carolina's decisions to do away with the silver pants with their blue jerseys is odd and irritating, but perhaps we should all just be thankful that they aren't wearing all-blue instead.

On a fairly similar note, I feel like at the rate we're at with teams mixing and matching like crazy (unless it's an all-black alternate look🔥) that we're eventually gonna see the Saints wear black over the solid white pants and white socks, which will be pretty brutal to look at.

45 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Get ready for an intersquad scrimmage at Met Life this Sunday. Are you kidding me, Eagles? I guess the green pants are now somehow the third option. Can't make this crap up.

I knew that if the Eagles won in that combo vs. Denver they were gonna go back to the well. I blame Melvin Gordon for fumbling and letting this continue.

2 minutes ago, FroznYogurt said:

I knew that if the Eagles won in that combo vs. Denver they were gonna go back to the well. I blame Melvin Gordon for fumbling and letting this continue.

Nah, blame Jalen Hurts for asking to wear that combo in the first place.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

No way this is the first time for navy over gray - how is that possible?

36 minutes ago, BBTV said:

No way this is the first time for navy over gray - how is that possible?

It's the first time AT HOME that the Seahawks are wearing navy over grey but they usually wear that look on the road when they are forced to wear navy jerseys. So far the Seahawks have only worn all navy at home with a couple of games in green/green and green/navy.

A suggestion I don’t think I’ve seen before: How would we feel about the Cowboys going completely royal with the white jersey, while keeping navy for the color jersey?

I feel like if they matched all the blues on the white jersey to navy, it might lose a little bit of that “classic” element, but it’d also be strange if the blue jersey changed to royal blue.

Something like this:

30fMBYU.png

Switching out the helmet decals shouldn’t be too difficult since the Cowboys only wear the navy jersey a few times a year at most.

Archived