2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Andrew7256 said:

Looks like the Browns could be starting the season WAH as well. But that remains to be seen.

Don't read that much into it. Preseason 1:00pm game in August it isn't a shock the Browns elected to wear white for this one.

If the Browns go WAH this regular season my guess is it will be in the throwbacks. They did not wear WAH at all last season.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Color Rush vs. the Eagles AGAIN and vs. the Bucs on Monday night for the second straight year, and in back-to-back weeks? Where is the creativity?

And now it appears the Dolphins are back to wearing white at home in December???

I can understand the Giants wearing the Color Rush in Tampa -night game vs defending champs in the city where SB25 was played. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

33 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I can understand the Giants wearing the Color Rush in Tampa -night game vs defending champs in the city where SB25 was played. 

True, but I'd almost rather see it for their other Monday night game against KC in Week 8. Would've been interesting paired with KC likely in all red. Probably gonna get Tampa in Color Rush pewter that night as well.

w/r/t the blue jersey I'm firmly in that minority(?) that prefers the white pants, but these new white road pants make the blue helmets look even more out of place. The gray pants both broke up the monotony and also included the only sliver of blue on the uniforms..

They just need to go to the color rush full time already, only with blue socks and the ny logo.

Now that I think about it, the 10/17 game against LAR will be the first time the Giants wears the road jerseys that were introduced in 2005 at Metlife Stadium other than a game when playing the Jets. First time in their regular white tops at home since the 2000 home opener against the  Cardinals.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, buzzcut said:

The Giants' jersey schedule:

h04j7sl08gdeooio1vbp.jpg

And the Giants become another team who will be going with solid socks without the white bottom portion. Only game they're wearing it is for the throwback game. 

Really dislike this trend. That white part that separated the socks and the cleats always looked better to me visually. 

Go A's!

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

The solid sock doesn’t bother me so much as long as it’s colored and contrasting from the pants.

The contrast of pants and socks does help. But we also got teams wearing all white socks with their white pants and that to me is not a very good look. 

1228624580.jpeg

IM2V2JEMRFD57I6ONFHALSFUDA.jpg

But that's just how I see it. 

Do we have a list of teams who have not adopted that look yet into their identity?

Go A's!

8 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

1228624580.jpeg

Do we have a list of teams who have not adopted that look yet into their identity?

Outside of their Color Rush uniforms, Cleveland and Pittsburgh officially do not do this. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Outside of their Color Rush uniforms, Cleveland and Pittsburgh officially do not do this. 

Yeah, outside of CR I know the Packers and Niners don't off the top of my head. I do hope that at least it doesn't become a thing where all teams adopt it. I think half the league doing it makes it ok. 

Go A's!

2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

The contrast of pants and socks does help. But we also got teams wearing all white socks with their white pants and that to me is not a very good look. 

1228624580.jpeg

If you're talking strictly about white into white, the Vikings have not done it. They do purple into purple though

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I wouldn't overanalyze Philly in the black socks last night. They did this in preseason in 2019 and then wore the solid white once the regular season started. This shouldn't even be an issue since the green pants should be worn 100% of the time with the white jersey anyway. 

Glad to see Washington in burgundy pants. I know it's preseason, but the fact that they even gave every rostered player a pair of those means they probably still favor that look over the white on white.

Archived