2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

Is Madden 22 going to have the slogans from the political scene or social issues still? Or will they remove those? I also didn't like "Positive Play" being on the field.

I liked it better in M19 when none of those things were on the field. I want the game to be normal with the field again.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

Well, in the trailer Travis Kelce has his stripes socks around the knee area. However, most players wear striped socks low. 

Yeah I saw the trailer late last night, and you are correct. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

EA isn't good at keeping up with current uniform trends (among other things..) Why showcase Miami, Buffalo, Tampa, etc. in white on white when it's clear these teams now favor their colored pants with the white jersey. Isn't it a better marketing ploy to use colorful, eyecatching uniforms on the players anyway?

12 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Is Madden 22 going to have the slogans from the political scene or social issues still? Or will they remove those? I also didn't like "Positive Play" being on the field.

I liked it better in M19 when none of those things were on the field. I want the game to be normal with the field again.

Yeah, there gonna be in there 

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/houston-texans-announce-2021-home-game-themes

Battle Red is against the Colts again, so the Texans will be in the red alternates.

White for the home opener like always. White tops at least. Will it truly be a whiteout? Last year Houston wore navy pants for the Baltimore home game.

The Deep Steel Sunday game is against the Chargers. Houston will don the color rush navy for this game. They have done so since 2018. The Texans wore the color rush navy against Cincinnati last year in 2020, against New England in 2019. and against Cleveland in 2018.

I think Houston's other color rush game will be against Carolina. The Texans wore them for Thursday night games against MIA in 2018 and IND in 2019, when they selected their other color rush game to be worn. But Houston wore the color rush navy against Green Bay last year when it was a daytime game.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, Phillyspecial2018 said:

I totally agree that these are more superior than the midnight green. My dad loved Randall Growing up so he bought a white  jersey the other day

spacer.png

I love it, that looks awesome!!

I’ve got all the Fresh Prince episodes on HBO MAX, and I’m pretty sure it was from either season 1 or 2 out of the 6 seasons.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, Nick72Phins said:

Yeah, there gonna be in there 

I think some of the videos that are coming out are still using Madden 21 with new players added. Since they're talking about changes to Franchise mode that add staff (OC, DC and ST coaches) it's possible they may not have those in the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think some of the videos that are coming out are still using Madden 21 with new players added. Since they're talking about changes to Franchise mode that add staff (OC, DC and ST coaches) it's possible they may not have those in the game. 

In Madden 20 they showed the 100th season logo on the opening sequence. The year when the NFL was doing the 100 year celebration.

The opening sequence when M22 shows they still have those things looks legit. I don't know if EA was lazy or whatever the reason is.

14 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

In Madden 20 they showed the 100th season logo on the opening sequence. The year when the NFL was doing the 100 year celebration.

The opening sequence when M22 shows they still have those things looks legit. I don't know if EA was lazy or whatever the reason is.

Do you really need to ask if EA was being lazy?

On 6/18/2021 at 2:10 AM, gothedistance said:

You’re telling on yourself a lil bit buddy

On 6/17/2021 at 11:10 PM, gothedistance said:

If it's in the game, it's in the game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Texans were very early with their home game themes this year, which is great, but man they need to do a better job and be a little more creative with this. Battle red against the Colts in Week 13 again? Really? Why not push it back a week for the Seattle game to spare us some navy? And then they make their Deep Steel Sunday against the Chargers once again, which happened back in 2016, granted both teams will look a little different this time around. At least the white out game should give us the Jags in teal.

35 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Texans were very early with their home game themes this year, which is great, but man they need to do a better job and be a little more creative with this. Battle red against the Colts in Week 13 again? Really? Why not push it back a week for the Seattle game to spare us some navy? And then they make their Deep Steel Sunday against the Chargers once again, which happened back in 2016, granted both teams will look a little different this time around. At least the white out game should give us the Jags in teal.

I wish the Texans would wear their Battle Red uniforms more

21 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

I wish the Texans would wear their Battle Red uniforms more

Yeah, not sure why they don't ever wear it a second time. It's one of the nicer alternates and the fans seem to love it. Plus their standard navy uniforms are pretty dull to begin with.

12 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

The one helmet rule is over

Beginning in the 2022 season, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

• Clubs must obtain an entire new set of alternate color helmets for all players
  • Alternate color helmets must be the same make, model and size as the applicable player's primary helmet
  • Alternate color helmets must be made available to all players at the start of training camp and should be fit at the same time as the primary helmet

Alternate color helmets must be worn in practice at a minimum during the week leading up to the game in which they will be used
Teams must inform the league office of their intent to use an alternate helmet in 2022 by no later than July 31, 2021.

So, we'll know this year which teams plan to utilize throwback/alternate helmets in 2022.

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It also sounds like the alternate helmets can only be worn with classic, alternate, or color rush uniforms and not with primary home and road unis.

Well that make total sense, and I can easily live with that.

When I heard the news I was mostly only happy for teams like the Cowboys, Eagles, Titans/Oilers, Falcons, Bucs, Seahawks, Patriots, and now BILLS-mafia who have been long clamoring for the red helmets can get their wish.  I like Dallas’ alot from their expansion years and the Falcons red helmets and original logo with the black jerseys.  Now we can finally see the Eagles in those Kelly Greens, it’s about time.

Archived