2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants are going to honor the 2011 Super Bowl team in the home game against LAR. I think they'll wear the white color rush for this game. If not, the Falcons game would be another good candidate, because they'll retire Eli's number that week. NYG wears the CR for primetime games at home, but they have none in 2021.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:10 AM, gothedistance said:

Is Madden 22 going to have the slogans from the political scene or social issues still? Or will they remove those? I also didn't like "Positive Play" being on the field.

I liked it better in M19 when none of those things were on the field. I want the game to be normal with the field again.

They’ll remain not due to any agenda but because EA is lazy. 

10 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Giants are going to honor the 2011 Super Bowl team in the home game against LAR. I think they'll wear the white color rush for this game. If not, the Falcons game would be another good candidate, because they'll retire Eli's number that week. NYG wears the CR for primetime games at home, but they have none in 2021.

Why would they wear their color rush uniform for a Super Bowl that they didn’t even exist at the time? I’d hope they’d wear the white jerseys and grey pants for the game but I’m not holding my breath on that.

On 6/26/2021 at 1:11 PM, dont care said:

Why would they wear their color rush uniform for a Super Bowl that they didn’t even exist at the time? I’d hope they’d wear the white jerseys and grey pants for the game but I’m not holding my breath on that.

The Giants wear the color rush uniform for primetime games. Since they have none this year, it'll have to be somewhere. Teams  have worn their alternates or throwbacks on a day when they honor the past.

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Giants wear the color rush uniform for primetime games. Since they have none this year, it'll have to be somewhere. Teams  have worn their alternates or throwbacks on a day when they honor the past.

I get they are really bad but the Giants not having a Primetime game could not be good for ratings. 

zyyMk1d.png

5 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I hope Packers vs. Browns at Lambeau on Christmas is a throwback game.

You know what's funny about this is that the throwback Browns jersey leaked is from 1946 and the Packers are no longer going to be wearing what they wore in 1946 starting this season. So you almost had potential for a period accurate throwback game.

bSLCtu2.png

10 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

I get they are really bad but the Giants not having a Primetime game could not be good for ratings. 

They weren't even that bad in the second half of last season. They could've won the division if the Eagles didn't throw that Week 17 game. Plus they've only gotten better this offseason. Very strange that they don't have any home primetime games but visit both Super Bowl teams for Monday night games. I could see them wearing the Color Rush for one of those or for the Washington TNF game in Week 2.

13 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They weren't even that bad in the second half of last season. They could've won the division if the Eagles didn't throw that Week 17 game. Plus they've only gotten better this offseason. Very strange that they don't have any home primetime games but visit both Super Bowl teams for Monday night games. I could see them wearing the Color Rush for one of those or for the Washington TNF game in Week 2.

I think they would rather wear the CR to show to the home fans. Also, the Giants only wear them once in a season.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:09 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Could have made the post season sounds good until you realize that’s with a 6-10 record because the NFC East was absolute dog :censored:.

How are they allowed to wear throwback 6 times?? Are there any restrictions left at this point? Once the helmet rule takes effect, it's gonna be absolute chaos.

I will say I am thankful we'll finally see something different for the Green Bay game, which is the 4th meeting in Santa Clara in the past 3 seasons..

The 49ers seem to like wearing the white throwback at Seattle. Just like the Seahawks like wearing the alternate wolf grey at Arizona.

If SF decides to keep the red throwbacks after 2021, they should wear them for the Chargers when they come to Levi's Stadium in 2022. It would be fitting.

17 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

How are they allowed to wear throwback 6 times?? Are there any restrictions left at this point? 

It is an pretty milestone anniversary season for the 49ers (75 years) and it isn't uncommon for the League to allow exceptions for such things.

Remember in 2009 the league only allowed one alt and or throwback, but allowed all the original AFL teams 2 throwbacks for the 50th anniversary of the AFL. Some team even wore them up to 4 times as well.

Archived