2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

15 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Anyone watching the Manning Cast? Russell Wilson has some interesting Seahawks helmets on the shelf behind him. 

Matte Charcoal with a single tone Seahawk green bird.

And on the other side has a white helmet with the same color bird with charcoal trim.

You can get the charcoal/green one here

https://www.helmetnation.com/products/seattle-seahawks-riddell-speed-eclipse-replica-full-size-football-helmet?variant=31761468096563

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the Rams win last night will make blue/yellow become the primary home uniform instead of blue/bone. I wonder what pants the Rams would decide to wear with the bone jerseys if they end up winning and having to travel to Green Bay or the super bowl. 

I'm thinking Bills go with all white this week with hopefully blue socks but not holding my breath on that.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Not sure what reason there is to believe the Bills will wear anything but all white. No white over blue since the Week 9 loss to Jacksonville, and they beat the Chiefs in all white this year and lost to them in the AFC-CG in blue pants last year.

Although what you're stating is all true, I'm not one to believe that whichever uniform combination a team wears will have any impact on the final result.

Yes, Buffalo wore white jerseys w/ white pants and white socks for the MNF game in week 5 but that was strictly because they already knew that that CHIEFS were gonna wear mono-red with their red striped socks that are normally worn with their white pants. 

The BILLS best away look is the white jersey w/ blue pants and white socks and that's what I'd like to see.  Choosing the same combo from week 5 simply because the decision-makers believe they'll lose with the blue pants is nonsense (to me at least).

If we do wear white on white then I'm with 'GoHawks', hoping they at least wear blue socks.   Next season I'd like to see the return of striping (matching the sleeves)  for both the white and royal blue socks, and NO BLUE at the very top of the white socks.  Do it like da BEARS and CHIEFS do for when they wear their colored pants.

16 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Although what you're stating is all true, I'm not one to believe that whichever uniform combination a team wears will have any impact on the final result.

Yes, Buffalo wore white jerseys w/ white pants and white socks for the MNF game in week 9 but that was strictly because they already knew that that CHIEFS were gonna wear mono-red with their red striped socks that are normally worn with their white pants. 

The BILLS best away look is the white jersey w/ blue pants and white socks and that's what I'd like to see.  Choosing the same combo from week 9 simply because the decision-makers believe they'll lose with the blue pants is nonsense (to me at least).

If we do wear white on white then I'm with 'GoHawks', hoping they at least wear blue socks.   Next season I'd like to see the return of striping (matching the sleeves)  for both the white and royal blue socks, and NO BLUE at the very top of the white socks.  Do it like da BEARS and CHIEFS do for when they wear their colored pants.

It’s a superstition thing. I don’t believe in it either, but all I’m saying is many teams seem to, especially for playoffs.

I don’t think the Chiefs’ uniform decision had anything to do with that of the Bills in that Week 5 game. The Bills have primarily worn all white on the road even against teams in white pants this season.

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

I'm hoping the Rams win last night will make blue/yellow become the primary home uniform instead of blue/bone. I wonder what pants the Rams would decide to wear with the bone jerseys if they end up winning and having to travel to Green Bay or the super bowl. 

I'm thinking Bills go with all white this week with hopefully blue socks but not holding my breath on that.

If the Rams got permission to wear alternate throwbacks in Super Bowl LII , then maybe they’ll get a pass to wear the white jersey in the ‘Supe this year.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It’s a superstition thing. I don’t believe in it either, but all I’m saying is many teams seem to, especially for playoffs.

I don’t think the Chiefs’ uniform decision had anything to do with that of the Bills in that Week 5 game. The Bills have primarily worn all white on the road even against teams in white pants this season.

It's okay, I knew what you were saying and I agreed.  My only viewpoint is that if any team picks a certain combination due to their belief that it'll have an impact on the final result it's utter nonsense to me.

'GoHawks' ---->  The only game that the BILLS went white on white w/ blue socks was the recent game down in Tampa, so we shall see, probably by tomorrow (WED) as that's the day they usually make their decision.  If we were allowed I'd much rather go with the white on white AFL throwbacks, especially fitting since we're up against an original-8 AFL opponent. 

17 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Seriously, all of you complained they didn't have yellow pants and now they do and you're still bitching.

Nobody was saying that the yellow pants would suddenly turn the Rams into a top 10 uniform, we've just been saying that it's the least offensive combination they can trot out there.

The pants are like really nice lipstick, but they're still slapped on a pig.

This is a perfect football matchup:

Buffalo-Bills-vs.-Kansas-City-Chiefs-Fre

This:

7f28b3dfa44dbee00c12fef02a63d54d00b7c268

Is a better football uniform than this:

Tennessee-Titans.jpeg?resize=620,409&ssl

or this:

https://www.nj.com/resizer/DAZs-z7wJgqnKUmjqhLyVyrp8zY=/1200x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/34UDKEVY6ZF2NBA6VFPVUFDIHM.jpg

or this:

new-england-patriots-wide-receiver-krist

or this:

New-York-Giants-vs-Los-Angeles-Chargers-

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Cardinals vs. Rams game thread: “Sell” both teams in the playoffs - Niners  Nation

Week 1 photos: Los Angeles Rams 34, Chicago Bears 14 - Chicago Tribune

It may just be the lighting the photos--though interestingly enough it looks the same in both while at two different stadia--but that yellow looks more like radioactive banana* than anything close to "sol". 

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Never mind.  Leave it to the Titans to make every game look worse than it should.

At this point, it is what it is. They LOVE that combo. At this point they may as well swap out the columbia pants for grey ones--wouldn't matter the shade, either the darker one or the lighter one. (And the fact that would even be possible is part of the biggest problem with this whole set.) 

4 hours ago, Sport said:

I wonder if the Bengals are trying to recreate their win over the Titans last year

4308a388-4a0c-4812-8e61-71364d2bf9c8-110

The Titans may have chosen to wear all blue to avoid that. 

Who knows?

I know I don't know...but I know I do know that combo actually looks better than the all-navy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is a perfect football matchup:

Buffalo-Bills-vs.-Kansas-City-Chiefs-Fre

This:

7f28b3dfa44dbee00c12fef02a63d54d00b7c268

Is a better football uniform than this:

Tennessee-Titans.jpeg?resize=620,409&ssl

or this:

https://www.nj.com/resizer/DAZs-z7wJgqnKUmjqhLyVyrp8zY=/1200x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/34UDKEVY6ZF2NBA6VFPVUFDIHM.jpg

or this:

new-england-patriots-wide-receiver-krist

or this:

New-York-Giants-vs-Los-Angeles-Chargers-

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No
No

23 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It may just be the lighting the photos--though interestingly enough it looks the same in both while at two different stadia--but that yellow looks more like radioactive banana* than anything close to "sol". 

It is absolutely terrible, worse than the bone. The worst part of the Rams rebrand is the godawful shade of yellow.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, Crabcake said:

Every time I turn on a Rams game, I think, “those jerseys really aren’t that bad. I don’t know what all the hate is about.” Then I keep watching and get more and more frustrated with every baffling detail I start noticing. The gradient numbers. The weird clothing tag with the visible yellow stitch only on the top seam. The shade of yellow that needs to be way more gold-like if they don’t want to look like Best Buy or IKEA employees. A few tweaks and we’d have a legitimately good update of the classic LA Rams jerseys. 

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. The blue/yellow combo doesn’t look too bad at first glance, but when you start to look at the details, pretty much every aesthetic decision they could have made was a poor one. The sickly yellow and the segmented horns are particularly frustrating.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:11 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And it looks great.

Seriously, (1) all of you complained they didn't have yellow pants and now they do and you're still bitching.

The Rams modernized their uniform but (2) kept the core elements. How is this still a problem?

(1) When did people complain that the Rams didn’t have yellow pants? I’m almost positive they included yellow pants during the uniform’s unveiling. I know they haven’t worn them much this year, but they’ve always been an option.

(2) I’d say the core, essential elements of the Rams’ classic uniform probably are the horn on the helmet and the classic royal blue & athletic gold, and they changed both of those elements unnecessarily, to poor effect. I don’t think the Rams’ classic uniform was perfect, it definitely could have used a few updates, but they strayed way too far away from best parts of the original design in an attempt to be trendy.

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Why they felt like they needed to change the shades at all is beyond me when they were pretty much perfect on the throwbacks.

Agreed. I’m genuinely not sure how somebody looked at this uniform…

7GMI4QG.jpg

… and felt the need to change the colors. (This is more an issue with the new “sol,” I think the new shade of blue is fine. The old athletic gold definitely evoked the warm California sunshine way better than the new shade of yellow does).

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

7GMI4QG.jpg

And felt the need to change the colors. (This is more an issue with the new “sol,” I think the new shade of blue is fine. The old athletic gold definitely evoked the warm California sunshine way better than the new shade of yellow does).

If you were designing a team from scratch today, you wouldn't have a uniform with mismatched helmet and jersey colors. The above uniform is fine for what it is, but it's also an anachronism.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If you were designing a team from scratch today, you wouldn't have a uniform with mismatched helmet and jersey colors. The above uniform is fine for what it is, but it's also an anachronism.

Oh I agree, that’s one thing I never liked about the throwback. In fact, that’s the one improvement I think the current uniform has over it, I actually quite like the helmet shade and finish, as @leopard88 said.

Everything else though, except for maybe the number font (without the weird segments and Fruit Roll-Up texture), they can get rid of and try again.

I don't even have that much of a problem with the segmented horn.  Does it look worse than the solid horn? Sure, but it's easily tolerable.  If the segmented horn was the worst thing about this set then we would have a darn good set on our hands.  I don't have the talent to mock this up, but I genuinely think the Rams are a few tweaks away from having an actually good uniform set.  Those tweaks would be:

-Even more of a priority than getting rid of bone is ditching the weird contrarian uniform elements that feel like they're there for the sake of being there.  Specifically, I'm talking about: the gradient numbers on the home uniform, the fruit roll-up effect on the numbers, and the weird clothing tag business on the left shoulder.  The latter two are removed completely and the home uniform numbers are now solid white.

-Get rid of the bone jerseys.  They're not the "worst uniform in history," as some people in this very thread have posited, but they're so clearly inferior to the road throwbacks it's not even funny.  The road throwback immediately becomes the full-time road set.

-The shade of yellow, across all logos, jerseys, pants, and the whole set is darkened to more accurately reflect the gold color of the classic LA Rams uniforms. 

-Yellow is the only pant color the Rams now can choose from.

There are obviously more things that you can tweak to make it the best uniform in the league, but you could do that to every uniform set ever created.  Make these tweaks and the Rams instantly are a top 15 set, and probably top 10 if you ask me.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And it looks great.

Seriously, all of you complained they didn't have yellow pants and now they do and you're still bitching.

The Rams modernized their uniform but kept the core elements. How is this still a problem?

Fix the horn back to the old one and burn everything bone and I'll allow it, even with the gradient.

6 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Fix the horn back to the old one and burn everything bone and I'll allow it, even with the gradient.

Can we keep the current new horn shape and just fill in the gaps?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived