2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

Agreed on everything but the colors. I guess that was your biggest focus, but, my point is that I like pretty much everything about the Rams update EXCEPT the colors. I just cannot get over how bad that sol/highlighter/yellow/green color is. 

I dunno, maybe that's just me but I think it's boring that every yellow team across all pro sports use the same exact shade of "athletic gold". I don't see anything wrong with using a true, brighter yellow. It works very well with the bright royal blue, which is also kinda underused since most royal blue teams actually use a slightly darker shade of blue. Maybe it wouldn't work with red, who knows. Not sure why you call it green though. It's not green at all. Maybe you need to adjust your computer screen/TV lol. Highlighter, sure, I'll give you that. It's a very bright yellow. But I don't see anything wrong with that. I feel like people hate the Rams uniforms as a knee jerk reaction. So many elements that are new to football uniforms but none of them are inherently wrong. There isn't actually anything wrong with using bone either, their only mistake was making it a primary jersey. But I actually applaud the intention, it's a neat idea for a third jersey, they could have even made the horn decals on the helmet bone to fully commit to the concept. They turned a boring and overused colour scheme into something that is exclusively theirs. Die hard football purists are just not used to it I guess. Vintage white has been used a lot in hockey in the recent years so I'm used to it and I don't think bone is a revolting colour to look at unlike a lot of people here. It's not like the Rams introduced greenish beige or baby poop green or fuchsia. Now THOSE would be ugly colours. I find Sol very inoffensive by comparison

Sorry for the long and convoluted rant but I find the hate those uniforms get very unfair and I like to play the devil's advocate lol. They're not traditional but that doesn't mean they're bad

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If they used the same shade as these it would look nice.

spacer.png

Ironically, I’m pretty sure the throwback pants they wore before the rebrand were that exact shade.

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I dunno, maybe that's just me but I think it's boring that every yellow team across all pro sports use the same exact shade of "athletic gold". I don't see anything wrong with using a true, brighter yellow.

I think the Chargers, ironically enough, could have afforded to use a more true yellow. It would have fit with the theme of electricity by being brighter & less “natural” (I’m glad they didn’t do that, though). Unfortunately, I don’t think it works for the Rams, especially since the “sol” shade was inspired by the sun, it should evoke warmth, but to me it simply doesn’t.

Not sure why you call it green though. It's not green at all. Maybe you need to adjust your computer screen/TV lol. Highlighter, sure, I'll give you that.

It definitely leans a little bit towards the green side, especially compared to regular athletic gold. That’s why the shade often tends to look “sickly” in my eyes. In fact, I would say that conceding that it looks highlighter inherently suggests that it leans more on the green side.

I feel like people hate the Rams uniforms as a knee jerk reaction. So many elements that are new to football uniforms but none of them are inherently wrong.

I would say that splitting up the ram horn into two separate shapes is as close to inherently “wrong” as it gets, in design terms at least. It is literally a struggle for the eye to identify it as one continuous shape.

Die hard football purists are just not used to it I guess.

“It’s new and unique, that must be why purists don’t like it” is such a tired excuse/justification for an unpopular opinion at this point. In reality, most people simply don’t seem to like the Rams uniforms, traditionalists or not. The Chargers, Bengals, Falcons, Vikings, Jets, & Seahawks all came out with “modern” designs that tried new things and I don’t dislike any of them, especially not as much as I dislike the Rams uniforms. I imagine I’m not alone in that take, either.

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or maybe some people (or possibly, a lot of people) just don't like it.

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes it feels like some people would want the whole league to look like the Raiders but in different colours. How many times have I read on here that bone is "stupid", nametags are "stupid". Knee jerk reactions. Like I get that not everybody is gonna like the rubberized numbers and segmented horns but if it was up to you, the whole league would be in gray facemasks, see what I mean?

Either way, my original point was that there's nothing wrong with Sol

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I would say that splitting up the ram horn into two separate shapes is as close to inherently “wrong” as it gets, in design terms at least. It is literally a struggle for the eye to identify it as one continuous shape.

Fine, I'll give you that. It doesn't bother me at all but I can see why it would bother you lol

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

It definitely leans a little bit towards the green side, especially compared to regular athletic gold. That’s why the shade often tends to look “sickly” in my eyes. In fact, I would say that conceding that it looks highlighter inherently suggests that it leans more on the green side.

I don't think so. It just means it's a truer yellow as opposed to a more orange-y yellow

On 2/14/2022 at 1:52 PM, flyersfan said:

Super Bowl LVI: Rams could become third NFL champions to represent two  cities | Marca

Man, after seeing the 1980's and later half of the 1990's Rams, I am convinced that those shiny athletic gold pants were :censored:ing sweet! That right there was the perfect fabric. I am admitting that I liked those athletic gold pants better.

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I don't think so. It just means it's a truer yellow as opposed to a more orange-y yellow

So to you, truer yellow how some lemon or green type shade to it? What was not truer about golden yellow? Orange-y yellow is actually a warm, but easy on the eyes color than highlighter yellow. But I guess you like the neon colors in your uniforms, right? Royal blue and neon yellow do NOT work well together. 

Edit: That is why I prefer the University of Pittsburgh colors and they going back to athletic gold and royal blue which is my favorite uniform combo ever due to the athletic gold lids going with blue tops and athletic gold pants!

11 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes it feels like some people would want the whole league to look like the Raiders but in different colours. (1) How many times have I read on here that bone is "stupid", nametags are "stupid". (2)  Knee jerk reactions. Like I get that not everybody is gonna like the rubberized numbers and segmented horns (3) but if it was up to you, the whole league would be in gray facemasks, (4) see what I mean?

Either way, my original point was that there's nothing wrong with Sol (5)

1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. @oldschoolvikings does not speak for us.
  5. No.

Y'all know y'all just spent the past two pages yelling about yellow pants, right?? 😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

So to you, truer yellow how some lemon or green type shade to it? What was not truer about golden yellow? Orange-y yellow is actually a warm, but easy on the eyes color than highlighter yellow. But I guess you like the neon colors in your uniforms, right? Royal blue and neon yellow do NOT work well together. 

Edit: That is why I prefer the University of Pittsburgh colors and they going back to athletic gold and royal blue which is my favorite uniform combo ever due to the athletic gold lids going with blue tops and athletic gold pants!

No, not "to me". This isn't my opinion. It's a true yellow, not even close to volt green (see Atlanta Hawks) or anything. Just pure, primary yellow with no red in it.

Now here's an opinion lol, bright royal blue and true yellow DO work well together ;^)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:
  1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. @oldschoolvikings does not speak for us.
  5. No.

If the hat doesn't fit you, don't wear it lol

I wasn't talking to you. You don't represent the "us" either. Not sure why you felt compelled to defend him or anything. In this specific case, I was just pointing out to him that the "some people" that don't like those jerseys are almost always the ones that want every team to wear silver face masks, one pair of contrasting pants, block fonts, basically wear go back to what they were wearing 50 years ago and never do anything new, coincidentally.

I'm a hardcore purist when it comes to hockey so don't worry I'm not actually judging or attacking anyone, just noticing a pattern!

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Y'all know y'all just spent the past two pages yelling about yellow pants, right?? 😄

Isn't that the point of this board? Not like I could argue about yellow/Sol pants with my dad or girlfriend lol

I just love this board, endless entertainment 😂

29 minutes ago, Ark said:

I noticed the Rams are really embracing their modernized throwback logo and I think the Giants should do something similar with this

f16eb54b831ce7a6706f50122770f3fb--new-yo

They did do a modern version of this:

spacer.png

as a secondary: 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

No, not "to me". This isn't my opinion. It's a true yellow, not even close to volt green (see Atlanta Hawks) or anything. Just pure, primary yellow with no red in it.

Now here's an opinion lol, bright royal blue and true yellow DO work well together ;^)

spacer.png

It's funny, I was planning on appealing to the color wheel as well:

So, relative to athletic gold, in switching to a more pure yellow, the Rams factually did shift more towards green on the spectrum.

I'm not by any means saying the new color is green, but I definitely think it drifts a little too close to it at times:

blj98Ws.png

Now I don't know about you, but to me, that shade I picked out passes pure yellow and starts to get into the putrid green territory. I know it's not entirely fair to pick out a single pixel from a single photo, but honestly the yellow pants look like that to me about half of the time. The sleeves on the blue jersey are even worse. I'll admit, in some photos the yellow looks perfectly fine, but the athletic gold pants looked good to me 100% of the time, and never had this issue.

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

In this specific case, I was just pointing out to him that the "some people" that don't like those jerseys are almost always the ones that want every team to wear silver face masks, one pair of contrasting pants, block fonts, basically wear go back to what they were wearing 50 years ago and never do anything new, coincidentally.

I'm a hardcore purist when it comes to hockey so don't worry I'm not actually judging or attacking anyone, just noticing a pattern!

The entire point of my previous post was to say that the "pattern" you're noticing doesn't really exist, as I wouldn't consider myself much of a traditionalist, but I still despise the Rams' uniforms.

I don't want every team to wear gray face masks, in fact I'd pretty much prefer the opposite, nor do I want every team to have block fonts, as custom fonts are often one of my favorite parts of new uniform designs. There are plenty of "modern" uniforms that I like, as I listed before. Despite that, there is still very little I like about the Rams' uniforms, though, and the reasoning isn't simply because it's new.

People didn't get used to the Bucs' alarm clock numbers or the Jags' two-tone helmet with time. They were just, in many people's opinion, bad designs. The Rams are in the same boat to me, probably even more so because I think there's very little beyond the brighter blue of the helmet that they did right.

spacer.png

If the hat doesn't fit you, don't wear it lol

I wasn't talking to you. You don't represent the "us" either. Not sure why you felt compelled to defend him or anything. In this specific case, I was just pointing out to him that the "some people" that don't like those jerseys are almost always the ones that want every team to wear silver face masks, one pair of contrasting pants, block fonts, basically wear go back to what they were wearing 50 years ago and never do anything new, coincidentally.

Isn't that the point of this board? Not like I could argue about yellow/Sol pants with my dad or girlfriend lol

I just love this board, endless entertainment 😂

Ok, this is royal blue and athletic gold combo used by University of Pittsburgh currently,

spacer.png

So, there is NO absolute problem with a combination like this. This happens to mesh well as to me the colors go well together than highlighter yellow which looks like a faint greenish yellow added with moderate yellow tones. The orange-y yellow you refer to actually brings the blue more life. Also, Pitts nailed the combo since they have athletic gold helmets. The Rams have royal blue helmets with the sol yellow rams horns now.  The "orange-y yellow" you refer to actually works much better with any color combo there is minus orange since athletic gold and orange tends to blend in too much. But overall, there is a REAL big difference when having colors that blend in and having colors too close to someone (Seattle Seahawks action green).

Just saying

On 2/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I dunno, maybe that's just me but I think it's boring that every yellow team across all pro sports use the same exact shade of "athletic gold". I don't see anything wrong with using a true, brighter yellow. It works very well with the bright royal blue, which is also kinda underused since most royal blue teams actually use a slightly darker shade of blue. Maybe it wouldn't work with red, who knows. Not sure why you call it green though. It's not green at all. Maybe you need to adjust your computer screen/TV lol. Highlighter, sure, I'll give you that. It's a very bright yellow. But I don't see anything wrong with that. I feel like people hate the Rams uniforms as a knee jerk reaction. So many elements that are new to football uniforms but none of them are inherently wrong. There isn't actually anything wrong with using bone either, their only mistake was making it a primary jersey. But I actually applaud the intention, it's a neat idea for a third jersey, they could have even made the horn decals on the helmet bone to fully commit to the concept. They turned a boring and overused colour scheme into something that is exclusively theirs. Die hard football purists are just not used to it I guess. Vintage white has been used a lot in hockey in the recent years so I'm used to it and I don't think bone is a revolting colour to look at unlike a lot of people here. It's not like the Rams introduced greenish beige or baby poop green or fuchsia. Now THOSE would be ugly colours. I find Sol very inoffensive by comparison

Sorry for the long and convoluted rant but I find the hate those uniforms get very unfair and I like to play the devil's advocate lol. They're not traditional but that doesn't mean they're bad

In my opinion, the color wasn't the biggest problem with the bone uniform. It was the head to toe bone with virtually no visible striping. They look like pajamas. The bone serves to accentuate the pajamaness of them but it's not the primary reason for it. If they had come out with what ended up being their white uniforms - but sub white for bone - I don't think they would've gotten the response they did. I still don't think they would've looked as good as white but they would've been fine.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

It's funny, I was planning on appealing to the color wheel as well:

So, relative to athletic gold, in switching to a more pure yellow, the Rams factually did shift more towards green on the spectrum.

I'm not by any means saying the new color is green, but I definitely think it drifts a little too close to it at times:

blj98Ws.png

Now I don't know about you, but to me, that shade I picked out passes pure yellow and starts to get into the putrid green territory. I know it's not entirely fair to pick out a single pixel from a single photo, but honestly the yellow pants look like that to me about half of the time. The sleeves on the blue jersey are even worse. I'll admit, in some photos the yellow looks perfectly fine, but the athletic gold pants looked good to me 100% of the time, and never had this issue.

The entire point of my previous post was to say that the "pattern" you're noticing doesn't really exist, as I wouldn't consider myself much of a traditionalist, but I still despise the Rams' uniforms.

I don't want every team to wear gray face masks, in fact I'd pretty much prefer the opposite, nor do I want every team to have block fonts, as custom fonts are often one of my favorite parts of new uniform designs. There are plenty of "modern" uniforms that I like, as I listed before. Despite that, there is still very little I like about the Rams' uniforms, though, and the reasoning isn't simply because it's new.

People didn't get used to the Bucs' alarm clock numbers or the Jags' two-tone helmet with time. They were just, in many people's opinion, bad designs. The Rams are in the same boat to me, probably even more so because I think there's very little beyond the brighter blue of the helmet that they did right.

It’s cuz it’s thin yellow fabric , so colors underneath bleed through and impact the color. Look at the yellow on the jerseys and helmet. Clearly not green at all. 

5 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

and not a white dude

...what?

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I know it's not entirely fair to pick out a single pixel from a single photo

You'd be right. You're cherry picking. It's not even close to green. I'm done arguing about this. Just cause athletic gold is almost orange doesn't mean Sol is green. It's pure yellow, period. If it looks green it's simply because your screen needs to be adjusted OR because the artificial stadium lighting has a green hue to it

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

So, there is NO absolute problem with a combination like this

True. Other than the fact that they look like every other blue and yellow team

It looks good, sure, but it's overdone and Sol looks just as good but as an added bonus, they can claim that colour as their own ;^)

Archived