2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

...And that’s when it hit me; sandy base, the sun’s rays, and bright watery blue: this uniform looks like the beach. Every time I look at it now, I think about a bright sunny beach in SoCal...

I believe this inspiration was expressed, or at the very least heavily implied, during the uniform reveal.

The problem I have with it is that the colors (specifically, the sol, and somewhat the blue as well) are too bright and unnatural-looking for me to get that same impression of a SoCal beach that you do. If the yellow was warmer, and the blue was a bit softer (essentially, the old colors), I think it would look a lot more beachy.

I enjoyed your analysis, @Bathysphere, and agree with most all of your points. I even think the Rams could have made a sandy color work within their palette, but the shade they chose is just way too close to white, rendering it rather pointless. White should have also remained the primary away, with any sand color being limited to an alternate.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

To each their own, but keeping the bone pants around would work well against other yellow pants teams like the Chargers, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and possibly Washington.

This is exactly the situation that bone-bone-blue is for. No need to wear a bastardized mixing-and-matching of the top half of your home primary with the bottom half of your city alt. Just wear the whole alt as the clash. I think a matchup like this would look great actually. 

80-E5-F627-A509-4260-B39-C-E7-E09-C304-D

1 hour ago, Bathysphere said:

This is exactly the situation that bone-bone-blue is for. No need to wear a bastardized mixing-and-matching of the top half of your home primary with the bottom half of your city alt. Just wear the whole alt as the clash. I think a matchup like this would look great actually. 

80-E5-F627-A509-4260-B39-C-E7-E09-C304-D

I would agree if Blue replaced the white sections of that uniform. 

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

To each their own, but keeping the bone pants around would work well against other yellow pants teams like the Chargers, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and possibly Washington.

I would rather they just kill bone as a whole and get white pants instead for those situations. Also blue pants didn't look bad with the white jerseys so they can do that too.

37 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I always wonder what the Rams would look like if they wore the alternate white jersey with bone pants.  Part of me wishes they went that route for Super Bowl Sunday.

What the f***….

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, MCM0313 said:

That’s the whole point. It’s a fauxback, heartening back to the ‘90s jersey design within the new template, while keeping the new helmet and pants. 

I don't think it's in any way a 'fauxback', at least not the way the term is most often used.

A 'fauxback' is a uniform that was never actually worn in the past, but was designed to look like it could have been.  Like what the Rays do, what some hockey teams do for the outdoor games, and probably some NFL teams have as well.  The Rams white jersey is clearly inspired by past jerseys, but in no way was it designed to actually look like it's 30 or more years old.  It's just an alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I always wonder what the Rams would look like if they wore the alternate white jersey with bone pants.  Part of me wishes they went that route for Super Bowl Sunday.

raw

Whole 'Bone' thing should be set on fire because even African kids didn't deserve to be treated this badly and wear these trashes.

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I would rather they just kill bone as a whole and get white pants instead for those situations. Also blue pants didn't look bad with the white jerseys so they can do that too.

Blue pants would work better with the white jerseys if (1) the top of the gradient stripe were white rather than bone and (2) they completed that gradient at the bottom with yellow socks. I mean, yellow socks would help the blue pants with any jersey, but having both ends of a gradient match with what’s next to them would make it less egregious. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, orangefaniniowa said:

Well, you got Madden to look and try that out I suppose.

If they want to keep bringing out the blue pants, then they ought to be paired with yellow socks, something to break up the unitard look.  I would love it if the Rams decided to introduce a yellow jersey and a pair of white pants next season.  

The thing I hate most about the Bone uniforms is the white and yellow stripes without blue that are there as if to say "No your eyes do not deceive you, the jerseys and pants are indeed off-white. Isn't that crazy?????" It's like using the dirty underwear color wasn't enough, they needed to go the additional step to show off that they were using the dirty underwear color by placing it right next to white. 

1358876080.jpeg

On 2/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, Kramerica Industries said:

Bengals end zone really needs (tiger) stripes. 

Seeing the team's logo on the field is so cool and I understand they've always used a field template so I'm not going to complain, but I was hoping for the long shot they'd use the same design from the home field. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived