2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams ask to wear the modern throwbacks, just for the tie to the 1999 Super Bowl winning team. 

Has anybody heard the explanation of the NFL's rule against wearing "alternate" jerseys in the Super Bowl? Seems like something they'd do to keep the unis more traditional because some teams alternates are monochrome, black for black's sake, an ancient throwback, or are otherwise very different than the main set. If that's the case, the Rams bone unis look more like an alternate because the royal and modern throwback sets are more visually consistent.

But the Rams might not even ask since they have had a good record in the bone unis, and could just wear the sol pants if they want to be superstitious about this year's playoff run.

The 49ers requested to wear color rush throwbacks in the 2019 super bowl and were denied so I would expect the same response this year if the Rams request to wear their white jerseys.

24 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams ask to wear the modern throwbacks, just for the tie to the 1999 Super Bowl winning team. 

Has anybody heard the explanation of the NFL's rule against wearing "alternate" jerseys in the Super Bowl? Seems like something they'd do to keep the unis more traditional because some teams alternates are monochrome, black for black's sake, an ancient throwback, or are otherwise very different than the main set. If that's the case, the Rams bone unis look more like an alternate because the royal and modern throwback sets are more visually consistent.

But the Rams might not even ask since they have had a good record in the bone unis, and could just wear the sol pants if they want to be superstitious about this year's playoff run.

The Super Bowl is the biggest brand showcase that there is.  If the Jets were in the Super Bowl and wore their NY Titans throwback, what does that do to the brand?  For hundreds of millions of people, that's their lasting memory of the team, and I'm not sure why a team would want that to be in anything other than their primary look.

In some cases it's not the end of the world.  I don't think the Panthers wearing blue necessarily dilutes the brand (I'd say it extends it), and really in this case for the Rams it's not really a big deal either, but it would be silly for a team that just spent years designing new uniforms to almost instantly admit that they botched it and that their main uniforms aren't what they want to wear in front of the largest audience possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just coming here to post that. The Rams are wearing their throwbacks (fauxbacks). This will be a good looking Super Bowl. 

Where’s all the people who were vehemently arguing with me that the NFL wouldn’t allow this? 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I’m so happy the game will look good, but at the same time I’m kind of disappointed I don’t get to see another bone uniform meltdown in this thread. 

spacer.png

Archived