Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Chicago Dogs, as part of their "Wiener Wednesdays" promotion, will wear alternate "WIENERS" uniforms.

https://thechicagodogs.com/promotions/

People of Franklin, do not name your team after a walking fart.

Franklin is about the only municipality in Milwaukee County that you don't automatically free associate with something or someone the way you do with West Allis and State Fair, South Milwaukee and The Crusher, Oak Creek and John Matuszak, etc.  It may as well be known as one giant walking fart. 

That said, I'm still rooting for Barn Owls.

If they do go with Crop Dusters, I'm rechristening the Ballpark Village as "The Dutch Oven."

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Since the Timber Rattlers have gone all in on marketing themselves as a Brewers affiliate, maybe an identity refresh as the Wisconsin Micro Brews is in order?

Not like everything about their current identity wouldn't lead you to believe they're a Diamondbacks club.

• Like 2

Crawdads are Crawmoms this Weekend, Fool Many with Announcement

May 11, 2018 - 15:44 PM

The Hickory Crawdads, Single-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, ruffled some feathers in January when they announced that they would rebrand as the Hickory Crawmoms—without revealing right away that the rebrand was temporary. “After 25 seasons of being the Crawdads, […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Carolina Mudcats commemorate old-school Brewers unis

May 11, 2018 - 16:55 PM

It’s Brewers weekend in Zebulon, North Carolina, home of the High-A Carolina Mudcats. The Mudcats will play all of their games this weekend wearing jerseys inspired by the classic powder blue Milwaukee uniforms worn by the likes of Rollie Fingers, […]

Read More...

They're not even the only Brewers farm club who gets it...

BiO6jgZIEAAW4FO.jpg

...hell, even teams outside of baseball get it...

admiralsbrewers.jpg

I get that the 1982 fauxbacks and the BiG aren't everyone's cup of tea.  But it's a distinctive look that's instantly recognizable as "BREWERS," and it happened completely organically.  The organization stuck with the current look for almost 20 years now... not only did it lose, it seems to lose a little more each year.  Why are they still fighting it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

Why are they still fighting it?

Their solution was to try to have it both ways...hence the navy/yellow BiG set.   I don't know why they are so stuck on their current look either.  It's not like there is any extra added value from winning a championship in the set.  The Brewers would be a prime candidate for a Houston / Toronto fauxback makeover.  Those teams did it right and the Brewers certainly have the pieces from past looks to do it as well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Pretty sure the Brewers own them now too..

Yeah, they bought the team during the off-season.

FWIW, I've no problem with the Brewers powder blues.  I've no problem with the old 80's uniforms, in fact I think they should go back to the pinstripe, either with "BREWERS" on the chest as before or the ball-in-glove on the chest, Yankees style.

• Like 1

nav-logo.png

6 hours ago, mjd77 said:

The Brewers would be a prime candidate for a Houston / Toronto fauxback makeover.  Those teams did it right and the Brewers certainly have the pieces from past looks to do it as well.

Hell, they’re halfway there.  They already created a gorgeous fauxback home uniform, they just need to do the same with the late 80s roads and they’re done. 

robin-yount-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-war86560a_lg.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac the Knife said:

Yeah, they bought the team during the off-season.

FWIW, I've no problem with the Brewers powder blues.  I've no problem with the old 80's uniforms, in fact I think they should go back to the pinstripe, either with "BREWERS" on the chest as before or the ball-in-glove on the chest, Yankees style.

On royal blue pinstripes?  Waaaay too Cubs-like for my tastes.

The 1982 look has proven its timelessness over the past decade.  Much like the Jays and Astros, they really don't need to reinvent the wheel on this one. I would prefer button down versions of the powder blue roads, but I'd be happy with Gothamite's suggestion as well. 

EDIT: If they brought back the gold-paneled hat, I'd pair it with the homes rather than the roads.  Or limit it to batting practice or a blue alt.  Better color balance that way.

• Like 2