Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Via this thread, I learned the Rochester Red Wings have renamed themselves the Plates for Thursday home games:

cut.jpg

So named for the Rochester original "garbage plate," which consists of two patties, sausages or hot dogs, home fries, beans, and mac salad, plus some weirdo meat-based hot sauce. Yum, right?

Garbage_plate.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

25 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Via this thread, I learned the Rochester Red Wings have renamed themselves the Plates for Thursday home games:

cut.jpg

So named for the Rochester original "garbage plate," which consists of two patties, sausages or hot dogs, home fries, beans, and mac salad, plus some weirdo meat-based hot sauce. Yum, right?

Garbage_plate.jpg

I've never seen so many different shades of beige in one plate. I bet Rochester cardiologists have no shortage of patients...

• Like 1

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 5/17/2018 at 11:35 AM, leopard88 said:

I love me a good fresh grouper sandwich, but that's a little too fresh.  I don't want all of the scales and bones and assorted internal parts.

For real! This logo feels a bit morbid... look at that expression! You can almost see the fish trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

This is like if the Bisons "Wings" logo was a live chicken being dropped into a fryer.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, tigers said:

I always thought that original logo was two flap jacks with butter between.

You have a lot of terrible and/or mindless thoughts.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On 18/05/2018 at 9:42 AM, CS85 said:

I feel like the best way to go about this would've been to put an actual wing logo onto a bottle of Hidden Valley.

I dont think ive seen a more offensive post on this board, nor in any board past present or future in any dimension

• Like 4

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh.  Throwback fail. 

Greenbow_Hat_500.jpg

This “squatchee matches the crown, not the bill” thing is strictly a modern style.  And an abominable one at that. 

Yep. If I was interested in buying this cap, this would completely ruin it for me. 

• Like 2

The more I think about this, the more I think they messed it up. Yes the retro looking biscuit logo is nice, but what does it have to do with Forrest Gump? They should have changed the name to “Distance Runners” or “Shrimp Boat Captains.” Something related to the movie would have made more sense. 

The idea that these guys are using the chicken leg as part of the logo and wordmark is kind of silly.

They should be using something that invokes wings, such as the logos of the former and current versions of the Philadelphia Wings of the NLL.
Image result for philadelphia wings   Image result for philadelphia wings

On 5/18/2018 at 7:02 PM, DG_Now said:

cut.jpg

Garbage_plate.jpg

With Buffalo and Rochester doing food-based promotions, it's too bad Albany doesn't have a team anymore; they could be the Steamed Hams.

uniforms_albany_steamed_hams.png

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Connecticut Tigers to rebrand as New England Lobster Rolls for one night

May 21, 2018 - 18:33 PM

The Connecticut Tigers, short-season single-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, are dipping their baby tiger toes into the world of wacky minor league branding. The team, one of fewer and fewer minor league baseball teams still named for their parent club, […]

Read More...