Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Hell, they’re halfway there.  They already created a gorgeous fauxback home uniform, they just need to do the same with the late 80s roads and they’re done. 

robin-yount-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-war86560a_lg.jpeg

Just think about how great that's going to look with the UA logo over the L.  Can't wait!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They got the muddy colors down, but it's not really the old-school Brewers look without a generic script; the Mud Cats script is clearly too nice.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

3 hours ago, Mockba said:

They got the muddy colors down, but it's not really the old-school Brewers look without a generic script; the Mud Cats script is clearly too nice.

Not understanding what makes the Brewers script more generic than, say, the Dodgers, A's, or White Sox. All are universally regarded as some of the best uniforms in baseball.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, mjd77 said:

Their solution was to try to have it both ways...hence the navy/yellow BiG set.   I don't know why they are so stuck on their current look either.  It's not like there is any extra added value from winning a championship in the set.  The Brewers would be a prime candidate for a Houston / Toronto fauxback makeover.  Those teams did it right and the Brewers certainly have the pieces from past looks to do it as well.

I agree wholeheartedly. The current look is so bland and tired and was never anything special to begin with. In addition to that, there is no alternative reason to be attached to the brand since they've been largely mediocre or bad and haven't won anything of note while using it. Pretty much every look before 1994 has been better in the uniform and logo department so I'd be more than down with a fauxback. 

• Like 1

Baseball Club to Wear Washington Capitals Uniforms

May 16, 2018 - 19:26 PM

With the nearby Washington Capitals locked in the Eastern Conference Final against the Tampa Bay Lightning right now, the Frederick Keys (Class A-Baltimore Orioles) of the Carolina League will be doing their best to support the boys in red. No, […]

Read More...

Fort Myers Miracle to change name to Groupers for one game

May 17, 2018 - 14:38 PM

The Fort Myers Miracle, High-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, will change their name to the Fort Myers Groupers for one game. The reason for the name change is … well, it’s hard to say. Per the team’s website, they […]

Read More...

I love me a good fresh grouper sandwich, but that's a little too fresh.  I don't want all of the scales and bones and assorted internal parts.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why is this only for one game? That's weirder to me than anything else. Groupers are a great name. better than the Miracle... grouper sandwich is delicious... and there probably is a cool identity to be had here... but why change at all if for just one game?

Yeah. Groupers is so much better than Miracle for a team name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why is this only for one game? That's weirder to me than anything else. Groupers are a great name. better than the Miracle... grouper sandwich is delicious... and there probably is a cool identity to be had here... but why change at all if for just one game?

I wish the Fresno Grizzlies would be the Fresno Tacos full time. Taco Trucks and Tacorias are all over, here. I'm saying that as a former grounds crew member of the Grizzlies during their 1st 2 seasons. 

13043793_10153471383926892_4724701842592oberholtzer_300.jpgDF3immNUQAAlGZO.jpg12_300_34556.jpg

Buffalo Bisons reignite our love for food-based baseball promos

May 17, 2018 - 21:33 PM

Just when you thought that temporary food-based brands in minor league baseball had completely played themselves out, along comes the perfect team with the perfect promotion to suck us back in. Not since the trend debuted with the Fresno Tacos […]

Read More...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mockba said:

Not feeling the art style on this one.  Fun idea but the execution's a miss.

It was done in-house, so that may be why it doesn’t feel quite like other teams’ stuff.

I like the little bits of green. I like the cap logo. Not a fan of the bleu cheese script and numbers (assuming that was what they were going for); I don’t really think of it as a condiment to write with. Overall, though, I think it works. I never thought I would buy one of these food hats, but I could see myself in one of these.

Buffalo-Wings-uniform-930x579.jpg

• Like 2

I would like to see a secondary with an anthropomorphic wing (or maybe a chicken) swinging a celery stick bat.  It would fit with the existing swinging buffalo logo.

Option 2:  Remake the existing swinging buffalo logo to insert a celery stick bat.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Forrest Gump Night in Montgomery to feature Greenbow Biscuits

May 18, 2018 - 12:48 PM

The Montgomery Biscuits, Double-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, will commemorate Forest Gump Night with fauxback uniforms. The team will be named for Forrest Gump’s fictitious hometown of Greenbow, Alabama, and wear uniforms meant to emulate the style of […]

Read More...

I feel like the best way to go about this would've been to put an actual wing logo onto a bottle of Hidden Valley.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter