Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Dogs definitely tried doing too much at once. It's very Rosemont of them to force "CHICAGO" into the uniform at every opportunity, though. I'm surprised it isn't printed down the sides of the pants.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This was announced a few months ago, but appears to have flown under the radar.

A new ballpark being built in southwestern Milwaukee County will be home to UWM baseball and an American Association franchise.

I don't know if the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers trademarked that Wisconsin Brats identity.  Nor am I a huge fan of this food-centric trend of minor league nicknames.  But can you imagine a more natural rival for a team called the Chicago Dogs?

Yes. The Milwaukee Ketchups.

• Like 5

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Name-the-team contest in MKE down to final 10:

• Crop Dusters
  • Cheesers
  • Farmhands
  • Haymakers
  • Broilers
  • Barn Owls
  • Cow Tippers
  • Bovines
  • Milk Men
  • War Pigs

Milk Men was actually the name I submitted...because of all the logo, mascot, uniform and promo possibilities.

I actually really like the War Pigs.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

• Crop Dusters
  • Cheesers
  • Farmhands
  • Haymakers
  • Broilers
  • Barn Owls
  • Cow Tippers
  • Bovines
  • Milk Men
  • War Pigs

Milk Men was actually the name I submitted...because of all the logo, mascot, uniform and promo possibilities.

Good god, this is legit?  I can't honestly think of a better microcosm for the difference in mentality between Chicago's suburbs and Milwaukee's suburbs than the American Association.

The team from Rosemont, IL is shoehorning the civic flag of another municipality into every single aspect of their identity.  Then you have the team that will be playing in Wisconsin's most populated county adopting an identity that suggests they play in the middle of nowhere.

I was hoping that with this being the American Association and all, we might get an identity that hearkens back to Milwaukee's history with the original AA.  Instead we seem primed to get a team named after a fart joke.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

• Crop Dusters
  • Cheesers
  • Farmhands
  • Haymakers
  • Broilers
  • Barn Owls
  • Cow Tippers
  • Bovines
  • Milk Men
  • War Pigs

I fear some of the ideas they'd come up with on this one.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Haymakers or Barn Owls or force the team to play in Zion until they fold for picking such a godawful name.

War Pigs, Barn Owls, and Haymakers are definitely the "least bad" of this bag of turds.  Broilers and Bovines could maybe work too depending on where they go with it.

But this is southern Milwaukee County, so lets not fool ourselves into thinking anything but Crop Dusters is gonna win.  Have you ever been around Polish people?  This is the land of John Matuszak and The Crusher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

• Crop Dusters
  • Cheesers
  • Farmhands
  • Haymakers
  • Broilers
  • Barn Owls
  • Cow Tippers
  • Bovines
  • Milk Men
  • War Pigs

I love "Barn Owls", but could easily see something good coming of "Haymakers" or "Milk Men", 

"Broilers", I presume, refers more to the art of grilling than the chicken intended to be cooked upon it?  There's some decent food-related possibilities there.

But c'mon.  A Milwaukee-area minor-league team that doesn't use "Bubblers"?  Major missed opportunity.  :P 

• Like 2

When, not if, War Pigs is chosen, I hope they use this when they introduce the starting lineup:

• Like 2

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I don't know how War Pigs even made the list...the league already has a team called the Texas AirHogs, and any War Pigs concept would look FAR too similar to that.

Then again, the AA also has both the Chicago Dogs and the Lincoln Saltdogs...

bYhYmxh.png

Personally, I like Barn Owls, partially because of the aforementioned "AirHogs vs War Pigs" similarity, and partially because I feel that Barn Owls just sounds better to me. War Pigs has the minor-league ridiculousness, but Barn Owls has some more charm. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Rubble Hits a Double! Paw Patrol Jerseys tonight in Iowa

May 4, 2018 - 18:33 PM

Pups to the Rescue! Anyone who has young kids at home is no doubt familiar with the call of the rescue puppies from the show Paw Patrol. Five years into this new chapter of my life I’m pretty certain I’ve […]

Read More...

West Virginia Black Bears to play as Moonshiners

May 8, 2018 - 06:12 AM

The West Virginia Black Bears, a Pittsburgh Pirates affiliate in the short-season single-A New York-Penn League, will change their name to the Moonshiners for three games later this season. The name change pays homage to the Appalachian region’s association with […]

Read More...

• Like 1