Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The idea that these guys are using the chicken leg as part of the logo and wordmark is kind of silly.

They aren't.  The part used in the logo is a part of a chicken wing called a drumette, not a leg.  Chicken leg drumsticks are similar in shape but usually a bit bigger.

AIStOpY.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Echo said:

They aren't.  The part used in the logo is a part of a chicken wing called a drumette, not a leg.  Chicken leg drumsticks are similar in shape but usually a bit bigger.

AIStOpY.jpg

Thank you for the correction.  I appreciate the precision.

However, my point stands: the logo should have involved a stylised depiction of wings rather than a realistic picture of the prepared food.  The name is whimisical enough; having a goofy logo and wordmark is a bit much for me.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

19 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Thank you for the correction.  I appreciate the precision.

However, my point stands: the logo should have involved a stylised depiction of wings rather than a realistic picture of the prepared food.  The name is whimisical enough; having a goofy logo and wordmark is a bit much for me.

I'm going to disagree with you on this.  Unlike the Philadelphia Wings or Wichita Wings (old indoor soccer team), the nickname in this case is clearly based on the food.  Therefore, it makes sense to use the food in the logo.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 5/18/2018 at 7:02 PM, DG_Now said:

Via this thread, I learned the Rochester Red Wings have renamed themselves the Plates for Thursday home games:

cut.jpg

So named for the Rochester original "garbage plate," which consists of two patties, sausages or hot dogs, home fries, beans, and mac salad, plus some weirdo meat-based hot sauce. Yum, right?

Garbage_plate.jpg

Was in Rochester once and had one of those monstrosities, hold the beans..... it was.... odd.

As for the Buffalo Wings discussion, the wing just seems a little too thin.

As for the wing diagram, I had always seen the 'wingette' called a 'flat' and the other main part a 'drummie'. At least that's how the meat market down from me sells them as.

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Speaking of the Tigers the mothership is missing these great logos:

Image result for Connecticut Tigers logos

And i assume many others as they Connecticut Tigers page is pretty bare 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/3034/Connecticut_Tigers/

I own a cap with the full body logo. It’s one of my favorites.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This one suffers from the grouper problem -- live animal in the middle of a sandwich.

His nonchalant attitude shows that he has no idea that fate that awaits him.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

This one suffers from the grouper problem -- live animal in the middle of a sandwich.

Unless the mascot in the New England Lobster Rolls' logo is a South African Cape Lobster, he isn't alive. Cape Lobsters are the only species of lobster that are red while still living. If that mascot is a true New England lobster, in order to achieve that crimson hue, he's already met his maker in a pot of boiling water. ;)

• Like 4

As a Rochesterian, I can chime in on the "Plates" theme and the Garbage Plate. I'm not sure where it came from that plates have beans... they hardly ever do. They're almost always a base of homefries (similar to french fries), and a creamy macaroni salad, topped with two cheeseburger patties and meat-based hot sauce. There are sometimes substitutions - e.g. you can generally get them with hot dogs instead of hamburger patties, etc., but the "traditional" (and most common) plate is the homefries, mac salad, cheeseburger patties and hot sauce.

The meat-based hot sauce is unique to Rochester. It has a complex flavor and is spicy, meaty, and often has other ingredients like nutmeg and/or cinnamon. The "traditional" way to top a plate is with yellow mustard and fresh chopped onions.

The original garbage plate was created at local restaurant Nick Tahou's, and celebrated its 100th anniversary last year (hence the Red Wings adopting the temporary moniker of "Plates" in recognition of this anniversary). Many restaurants serve their own variations on the theme - "Trash Plate", "Rubbish Plate", etc., but over the years the menu item has been more or less genericized to "Plate." If you say to a fellow Rochesterian "Let's go get a plate", you know what each other are talking about. 

Similarly, in Buffalo (or in Rochester), Wings are simply called "Wings". No one says "Let's go out for Buffalo Wings" or for "Chicken Wings" - that would be considered redundant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

Unless the mascot in the New England Lobster Rolls' logo is a South African Cape Lobster, he isn't alive. Cape Lobsters are the only species of lobster that are red while still living. If that mascot is a true New England lobster, in order to achieve that crimson hue, he's already met his maker in a pot of boiling water. ;)

Good point.  It's like the blue crab.  I was about 8 years old when I found out they were blue before they were steamed.  It was like finding out there was no Santa Claus or Easter Beagle.

At least he looks like he died happy.  He's wearing shades and has a smile on his face.

34 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Good point.  It's like the blue crab.  I was about 8 years old when I found out they were blue before they were steamed.  It was like finding out there was no Santa Claus or Easter Beagle.

At least he looks like he died happy.  He's wearing shades and has a smile on his face.

giphy.gif

Is it bad that I can’t really think about lobsters without remembering Homer’s short-lived pet?

• Like 2

Not at all.  There's a reason why I have a hard time with the concept of looking into a tank and saying, "Him!  I'm going to eat him!"

That said, I have no problem steaming dozens or bushels of crabs.  Perhaps they lose their individuality in the group.

2 hours ago, PJBenterprises said:

As a Rochesterian, I can chime in on the "Plates" theme and the Garbage Plate. I'm not sure where it came from that plates have beans... they hardly ever do. They're almost always a base of homefries (similar to french fries), and a creamy macaroni salad, topped with two cheeseburger patties and meat-based hot sauce. There are sometimes substitutions - e.g. you can generally get them with hot dogs instead of hamburger patties, etc., but the "traditional" (and most common) plate is the homefries, mac salad, cheeseburger patties and hot sauce.

The meat-based hot sauce is unique to Rochester. It has a complex flavor and is spicy, meaty, and often has other ingredients like nutmeg and/or cinnamon. The "traditional" way to top a plate is with yellow mustard and fresh chopped onions.

The original garbage plate was created at local restaurant Nick Tahou's, and celebrated its 100th anniversary last year (hence the Red Wings adopting the temporary moniker of "Plates" in recognition of this anniversary). Many restaurants serve their own variations on the theme - "Trash Plate", "Rubbish Plate", etc., but over the years the menu item has been more or less genericized to "Plate." If you say to a fellow Rochesterian "Let's go get a plate", you know what each other are talking about. 

Similarly, in Buffalo (or in Rochester), Wings are simply called "Wings". No one says "Let's go out for Buffalo Wings" or for "Chicken Wings" - that would be considered redundant.

If a plate doesn't have white hots, it's not a plate. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske