Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 10/13/2020 at 9:28 AM, Brian in Boston said:

Should Honey Hunters be chosen as the name, Brandiose is more likely to give us an identity package revolving around this mascot...

M99H9XRm.jpg?1 

I called Brandiose using a Honey Badger as the mascot in conjunction with this name three months ago.

You just know that the gang at Brandiose has been waiting to create an identity around this "crazy, nastyass" animal since it burst on the scene in a viral video ten years ago. Played out a decade later? They "don't give a **** !"

The logos are sharp. At least with the honey badger, the trademark Brandiose mascot side-snarl is fitting.       

• Like 2

Gastonia Honey Hunters join Atlantic League

January 13, 2021 - 19:45 PM

The city of Gastonia, North Carolina, will be home to the Honey Hunters, a new baseball team in the independent Atlantic League beginning this season. Per the team, the nickname “pays homage to the original Honey Hunter, Hunter Ransom – Gaston County’s first freed slave and African American land owner.

Read More...

Tulsa Drillers add D logo, alternate cap

January 16, 2021 - 03:13 AM

The Double-A Tulsa Drillers celebrated #NationalHatDay by introducing a new logo and on-field cap. The alternate D logo will be paired with the team’s home white and road grays. While the D presumably stands for Drillers, the team is an affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and this logo evokes

Read More...

Someone remind MiLB that one-word nicknames are not, in fact, illegal...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 12/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Gothamite said:

This could be the single biggest upgrade of the decade.

jSNCq6w.png       AmericanAssociation2021-250.jpg

I mean, wow.

Hi, gang...I actually designed the original logo, and I'm right there with you that the new one is a massive upgrade.

The backstory: the league came together fairly quickly and they needed something to put on the banner for the introductory press conference in late 2005.  I was doing some media relations for the league office at the time and was asked to work up a logo on short notice (I have some "I know how to use PhotoShop" abilities but I'm far from a professional designer). I was definitely not expecting that the original design was something that would be used for the long haul, but...just...nobody ever changed it.

I'm flattered that the team owners found the original design (and its "interlocking letters" cousin, below) acceptable enough to keep around for 15 seasons, but whew, a refresh was definitely long past due, and I think the designers nailed the new one.

AA.png

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

American Associations Kansas City T-Bones are renamed the Kansas City Monarchs, in a partnership with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.

KCMonarchs-250-175x175.jpg

That's awesome, it's about time another team became the Monarchs. Much better than T-Bones and the logo's not half-bad. That KC monogram is great as well.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt