Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

• officeglenn changed the title to Appalachian League 2021 Rebrands

I've merged the various team-specific Appalachian League rebrand threads into one: 

No need for 1-2 threads for each rebrand in this particular league. If you'd like to discuss those rebrands more in depth, you can do so there.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I've merged the various team-specific Appalachian League rebrand threads into one: 

No need for 1-2 threads for each rebrand in this particular league. If you'd like to discuss those rebrands more in depth, you can do so there.

You missed the Johnson City Doughboys threads.

Appalachian League introduces Johnson City Doughboys

New App League team Johnson City Doughboys pays homage to WW1 soldiers

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Yes, I'd mentioned that in the team-specific thread that Pharos04 started. Frankly, whether a conscious artistic choice or a gaffe, it's a detail I find annoying.   

He's only off by 135 degrees, some people can find fault in anything

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bluefield's Appalachian League team has been rebranded as the Ridge Runners. The new identity pays homage to the region's rich railroad history.

The Ridge Runners' home - Bowen Field at Peters Park - straddles the state line of Virginia and West Virginia, as did the namesake of the team. Beginning in 1964, the original Ridge Runner No. 36 locomotive - the world's smallest interstate railroad - circumnavigated a one-mile loop atop East River Mountain, half in Virginia and half in West Virginia. The train now sits just beyond Bowen Field's right field wall.

QNs0Udpl.jpg?1 AzBsatOm.jpg?1

Today, fans of Ridge Runners baseball can hear the sounds of excited passengers as the train makes its loop through Lotito Park. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Bluefield's Appalachian League team has been rebranded as the Ridge Runners. The new identity pays homage to the region's rich railroad history.

The Ridge Runners' home - Bowen Field at Peters Park - straddles the state line of Virginia and West Virginia, as did the namesake of the team. Beginning in 1964, the original Ridge Runner No. 36 locomotive - the world's smallest interstate railroad - circumnavigated a one-mile loop atop East River Mountain, half in Virginia and half in West Virginia. The train now sits just beyond Bowen Field's right field wall.

QNs0Udpl.jpg?1 AzBsatOm.jpg?1

That's pretty good...though it does look like Bluefield_

And for some reason it looks to me like "Bluefield" and "Ridge Runners" are at different angles, but may just be my eyes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Appy League unveils Bluefield Ridge Runners

February 16, 2021 - 16:54 PM

The collegiate wood bat Appalachian League resumed its flurry of new brand announcements this morning with the unveiling of the Bluefield Ridge Runners, named for a historic train. Per the team: “The new Ridge Runners name of the team is reflective of the rich railroad history of the Bluefield area.

Read More...

Beloit Snappers push back rebrand, give Snappy reprieve

February 19, 2021 - 01:28 AM

The Beloit Snappers have been saying since last summer that they were going to have a new name to go along with their new stadium, going as far as announcing finalists in their name-the-team contest. But the Beloit Cheese Balls, Polka Pike, Supper Clubbers, Sky Carp, or Moo will have

Read More...

I love the Spartanburgers!

The Beacon is a well-known "drive-in"/burger/fried everything restaurant that I'd wager at least half of all native South Carolinians (at least those upstate of the fall line) have patronized at least once.

My only gripe is that the burger doesn't have chili and cheese on it. The chili cheese a-plenty is what I picture when I think of the Beacon - even though it's apparently not their "signature burger" according to their site.

The fries/bats logo is fantastic. Overall, I think the identity is perfect for a collegiate league.

• Like 4

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

So you're telling me "Polka Pike" didn't exactly set the Stateline afire, then.

• Like 9
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm not going to cry for Brandiose after they've been rolling out the same local flavor/unique name/snarling logo formula (with hometown research visit!!) for years now, but does this mean MLB is trying to lock out all independent designers from their minor league system now?

I wonder what cut rates MLB can offer to their new affiliates to make them change their minds or if it's clubs simply agreeing with Sodboy's thoughts above.

From the article:

“Now that the PDL system has been formalized and we are officially an affiliated team, we have the chance to collaborate directly with Major League Baseball’s branding, licensing, and apparel experts and their vast connections around the nation to bring our new team identity to life in even bigger and better ways,” the team said on its website. “We’re excited to be the first Minor League team to have the opportunity to take advantage of these resources to showcase the team identity chosen by our fans on a national stage. To allow time to take full use of these new resources, we will be unveiling the new team name following the 2021 season.”

• Like 5

Introducing the Beloit High-A Central Marlins.

• Like 6
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)