Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Well, if you didn't like El Paso's unveiling, you're sure to love the new logos for the Arkansas Travelers!

http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/arkansas-travelers-release-new-identity/

I like that.

As for El Paso, I like the name, but if they went with sun dogs, chances are they still would've went the Chihuahua route.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I actually don't like the Little Rock logos as much as I like the El Paso logos. Pet Peeve of mine is italic text on a arc or arch...I've never seen it look good.

I thought the rendering on the Chihuahua head was amazing. I might be coming around on the name because they will most likely be called the Hua-Huas (Pronounced: Wa-Was) for short. That is a kinda awesome nickname for a minor league club.

arkansas_travelers_logo_detail.png

New_Logos_4792xbgv.jpg

I honestly think this is too much. I do like where they're going, but I'm not a fan of how they made it all 3D-y or make it all warped (making the logos look like they're at different perspective) and whatnot. They'd be much better if they were just straight on with no "warped effect" and lose one of the "reds" to avoid the shaded effect as well. And change the black to navy blue. They added black for black's sake. I think that'd be a solid upgrade to their current set.

Downgrade, IMO. TOO modern for a classical team that's 100+ years old. But it worked for the Chihuahuas because they're a modern team though.

New_Logos_4792xbgv.jpg

The sleeve emblem logo is outstanding. It's easily the best aspect of the entire identity package... and by a large margin. The Texas League All-Star Game logo is quite nice. The alternative logo is solid.

Beyond that, I can't say that this identity system does much for me. In the primary cap logo, the interplay of the horse's head, the letter A, and what are meant to be the horse's mane and - I presume - the reins of the horse's bridle make for a visually convoluted mark. The road cap logo is serviceable. The custom font script is, "Meh", at best. The fashion cap logo is brutal.

The sleeve emblem logo is outstanding. It's easily the best aspect of the entire identity package... and by a large margin. The Texas League All-Star Game logo is quite nice. The alternative logo is solid.

Beyond that, I can't say that this identity system does much for me. In the primary cap logo, the interplay of the horse's head, the letter A, and what are meant to be the horse's mane and - I presume - the reins of the horse's bridle make for a visually convoluted mark. The road cap logo is serviceable. The custom font script is, "Meh", at best. The fashion cap logo is brutal.

Yeah, I agree with you on the state/sleeve logo. Also, the horse logos are too busy as well. The A looks too forced in there.

Brandiose is picking up right where they left off last season. Turd City. I'm getting the feeling they're using embroidery tricks as a jumping off point for the identities. They make a lot of the fact that potentially cool things can be done in stitching on the clink room all the time. I admire that, but more so on fashion caps.

Too much stuff on all these releases. Too many logos. Too many custom fonts. I know its minor league baseball, but its still baseball. Have some dignity. It feels like roller hockey all over again.