2021 NBA Offseason

GDAWG

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those renderings do not look like 18k? Maybe it'll be a cool and uniquely intimate basketball experience, a standing rail section is my dream. Could also be a nice cover when the Clippers move to Inglewood and the Metro expansion still isn't close to the arena and nobody goes. Guess we'll see! 

Is this being architected strictly for basketball and shows, with no accommodation for hockey or other sports?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Clippers have officially broken ground on the new arena, and it's pretty sweet:

Sorry, Sonics fans, I know it's a rough day for you. 😎

A nice arena, with no banners 🤣🤣

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Jamesizzo said:

A nice arena, with no banners 🤣🤣

On the upside, they won't have to constantly look at the Lakers' banners like they do now, so there's that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Glad to see that one of my most annoying bits, making fun of guys who write about the NBA with titles that use the form of "Rap Lyric: Extremely Long and Ambitious Subtitle," still has source material in the real world

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That guy did a really terrible AMA on NBA Reddit, so I didn't buy his book. I bought a different NBA bubble book.

The Jonathan Isaac stuff is a bummer. Remember the stories of him picking up a side gig as a preacher, inviting all of his team to a sermon, and no one going? That stuff has to have an impact.

The Orlando Magic’s 23-year-old starting forward is deeply religious — and proudly unvaccinated. When NBA players started lining up for shots in March, Isaac started studying Black history and watching Donald Trump’s press conferences. He learned about antibody resistance and came to distrust Dr. Anthony Fauci. He looked out for people who might die from the vaccine, and he put faith in God.

“At the end of the day, it’s people,” Isaac says of the scientists developing vaccines, “and you can’t always put your trust completely in people.”

I watch a Netflix doc about flat earthers the other day that had made the rounds in 2018. It's the same story about how an isolated group of people work backwards from their conclusion, and then get more isolated when other people make fun of them. But, obviously, it's less cute when people's isolated views lead to death of the mainstream.

There are more and more vaccine mandates coming down and eventually the NBA (and NFL?) will follow suit. There are plenty of teams with an entirely-vaccinated roster, which is great. Needs to be the norm. And if that means we lose Kyrie, so be it. He was probably going to quit soon enough anyway.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived