2021 NBA Offseason

GDAWG

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I don't get this trade for the Grizzlies player-wise and they are barely getting even value with that 10th pick in return, since Valanciunas is better than Adams, and they don't need Bledsoe. Now I see rumors that Bledsoe will be shipped elsewhere and they're not done with this deal yet, so we'll see.

LeBron, AD and Russ together feels like the revenge of the old guys. Also feels like a championship core.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

LeBron is on the twilight of his career. LA is going to do what they can to get everything out of this before it's over. I'll say it would be nice to see Russ get a ring after Durant abandoned him and got two.

Also LOL Kyle Kuzma.

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Could have had Harden but wouldn't part with Simmons. LOL.

The Rockets wouldn't trade with them because their GM hates Daryl Morey or something.  The Sixers were willing to deal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Digby said:

IDK, after the last couple years I am not seeing Russ as the answer in 2022. 

Yes, but I like him a lot more as a third option than a first.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So can someone explain to me why when teams swap picks, it's not announced right away like how the NFL does it?

The NBA does this every year in the draft.....Team A and Team B swaps draft picks, but the NBA doesn't make those trades official until the next day.  In the NFL, the swapping of picks is immediately announced.  The NHL Draft does the NFL route of immediately announcing the trade of draft picks.  

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I don't know if this will work out at all, but as DG pointed out, I like him a lot as a third option. Still don't think it was a great fit, but to be fair, I didn't think the 2020 Lakers were an amazing fit, but they won a championship lol.

I will say that I'm definitely getting a Westbrook Lakers jersey. 1000%. He's a local kid, grew up literally a mile or two from me in the same LA neighborhood, during the same time period (he used to play against my high school lmao), went to UCLA and I loved him there, and have always been a big fan of Russ. I don't know if this will work out at all, but he's playing for his hometown team (and favorite team) and I'm excited for it.

Would have been cool to see Kobe's reaction to this. He was one of Kobe's favorite, and most respected, players in the current NBA

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

So can someone explain to me why when teams swap picks, it's not announced right away like how the NFL does it?

The NBA does this every year in the draft.....Team A and Team B swaps draft picks, but the NBA doesn't make those trades official until the next day.  In the NFL, the swapping of picks is immediately announced.  The NHL Draft does the NFL route of immediately announcing the trade of draft picks.  

I wish it were more like the NFL, it’s so much easier to follow and keep track of. It seemed like Rece Davis himself had forgotten that a couple of trades had happened (ex: he kept talking about how Jared Butler was going back home to Louisiana, not that long after his pick had been traded to Utah). 

Which BTW….the Jazz trading out of the 30 pick and STILL getting Butler at 40 in addition to extra assets was brilliant. That could work out to be an absolute steal.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Short answer ... it's just the way they do things.

It wasn't until 1987 or '88 that they started announcing trades at the draft. But, it had to be after each pick in that trade was made. The past 5-6 years or so it's become more like you described with the trades finalized later, usually after free agency started. Which I believe is why it seems like such a mess now, because most teams treat the draft salary cap implications on the new year's budget.

That said, the draft needs to be after free agency.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Lebron missed the final last year, so of course he needs to go get another superstar.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 minute ago, nash61 said:

Lebron missed the final last year, so of course he needs to go get another superstar.

which is yet another validation for The Process, since only a couple of teams in the league can just go get HOFers whenever they want.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

which is yet another validation for The Process, since only a couple of teams in the league can just go get HOFers whenever they want.

Or you know the bucks and Phoenix are an example of why it’s not, or the sixers are the prime example of why it doesn’t work.

Archived