2021 NBA Offseason

GDAWG

On 10/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, GDAWG said:

Sigh at Kyrie Irving.  Are we really surprised though?  

Kyrie is interesting because usually when wealthy black guys are certified nuts, it's one variation or another on "Jewish people came to Earth from outer space and used mind-control powers to make Tyler Perry enjoy wearing a dress." Kyrie is sui generis nuts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictions any one?

EAST

1. Brooklyn

2. Miami

3. Milwaukee

4. Philadelphia

5. Atlanta

6. Chicago

7. Boston

8. Charlotte

9. New York

10. Washington

11.Indiana

12. Toronto

13. Orlando

14. Detroit

15. Cleveland

WEST

1. LA Lakers

2. Utah

3. Phoenix

4. Denver

5. LA Clippers

6. Dallas

7. Golden State

8. Portland

9. Memphis

10.  Sacramento

11. Minnesota

12. New Orleans

13. San Antonio

14. Houston

15. Oklahoma City

ECF- Brooklyn over Miami

WCF- Lakers over Utah

FINALS- Lakers over Brooklyn

sig.png

EAST

1. Milwaukee

2. Brooklyn

3. Philadelphia

4. Miami

5. Atlanta

6. Boston

7. Chicago

8. New York

9. Charlotte

10. Orlando

11.Indiana

12. Toronto

13. Washington

14. Detroit

15. Cleveland

WEST

1. Utah

2. Denver

3. LA Lakers

4. Phoenix

5. Dallas

6. LA Clippers

7. Portland

8. Golden State

9. Memphis

10. San Antonio

11. Minnesota

12. New Orleans

13.  Sacramento

14. Houston

15. Oklahoma City

ECF: Brooklyn over Milwaukee

WCF: Lakers over Suns

FINALS: Nets over Lakers

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Speaking of that piece of trash, he's been suspended for "being disengaged at practice" (basically, standing there and not practicing) and they cancelled his media availability for the second straight day. 

He's probably never faced adversity in his basketball life, from youth leagues, through high school, through college, and up until now in the NBA.  F him.  F everything about him.  He can't play here ever again.  I can empathize with any mental hang-up he has and I understand that nobody wants to subject themselves to hours of being yelled at every night, but he simply can't show his face in this city anymore.  His local house is for sale so I don't know where he's living now, but I can't imagine he'd have a good go even walking down the street at this point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He's not likely to play for Philly again, no question.

But is he even likely to play in the NBA again?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I bet he's traded to some NBA purgatory, like Sacramento, Orlando, Houston or Minnesota. 

I've seen Sacramento bandied about and I think it makes some amount of sense. (Boston does not, what.) Whatever the Sixers' plan was by holding out for a better deal, it's not happening, which is appropriate as we've been hearing "patience, this'll all work out" re the Sixers/Simmons experience for years now and everything just gets worse. Can't believe they could've swapped him for Harden last year but just couldn't bring themselves to throw in another pick or sixth-man piece; a brutal what-if move for the history books.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I've seen Sacramento bandied about and I think it makes some amount of sense. (Boston does not, what.) Whatever the Sixers' plan was by holding out for a better deal, it's not happening, which is appropriate as we've been hearing "patience, this'll all work out" re the Sixers/Simmons experience for years now and everything just gets worse. Can't believe they could've swapped him for Harden last year but just couldn't bring themselves to throw in another pick or sixth-man piece; a brutal what-if move for the history books.

I thought the deal was that the Houston GM has bad blood with Daryl Morey and was just dicking him around and wouldn’t have traded with him anyway. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I thought the deal was that the Houston GM has bad blood with Daryl Morey and was just dicking him around and wouldn’t have traded with him anyway. 

Could be, though it'd more likely be the owner I'd imagine. My understanding has been that Phila was ready to deal Simmons and Thybulle but Houston wanted more, which they got from the Nets (admittedly it was a ridiculous package from the Nets). 

Archived