MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

18 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Have the Astros won any games wearing their City uniform? not that I remember

Yes, they're actually 4-3 in them so far.

Here's their record in the city unis:

04.20 L (0-6 against the Halos)

04.24 W (8-7 10th inning win over the Blue Jays)

05.02 W (3-0 win over the Mariners)

05.08 W (5-0 win over Verlander's old club)

05.22 W (5-2 win over Texas)

05.23 L (1-6 loss against the Guardians)

06.06 L (4-7 loss against the M's)

Noticed the Dodgers wore black shirts with their '22 version of their city connect unis on this past Saturday (they wore blue last year).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really think they need to wear a white or black belt with this uni though, there is just too much blue and it needs some contrast in it. But at least it still looks a bit better than last year's version of the uni. 

Also, they're FINALLY wearing the 'Dodgers' road jersey tonight at Comiskey (yes, I still call it Comiskey).

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

35 minutes ago, DarthBrett said:

Noticed the Dodgers wore black shirts with their '22 version of their city connect unis on this past Saturday (they wore blue last year).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really think they need to wear a white or black belt with this uni though, there is just too much blue and it needs some contrast in it. But at least it still looks a bit better than last year's version of the uni. 

Also, they're FINALLY wearing the 'Dodgers' road jersey tonight at Comiskey (yes, I still call it Comiskey).

spacer.png

Seeing the black undershirts and black brimmed caps, now I want the socks to be black too. The fading transition from the blue to black on the sleeve works and it would behoove them to put the same effect on the socks.

• Like 8

Damn, I was completely unaware the Los Dodgers jersey even used black.  Do agree that it's really underwhelming...sure, everybody hates the Yellow Red Sox city connect, but you at least know what they were going for...why does the Los Dodgers uni exist, though?  What is it raining to connect to?

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

55 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Damn, I was completely unaware the Los Dodgers jersey even used black.  Do agree that it's really underwhelming...sure, everybody hates the Yellow Red Sox city connect, but you at least know what they were going for...why does the Los Dodgers uni exist, though?  What is it raining to connect to?

The smog that perpetually floats over LA

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, DarthBrett said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All blue dodger uniform looks ridiculous, they look like janitors.

pair the jersey with black or white pants ffs!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:04 PM, monkeypower said:

I do like these. I've always been anti-blue for the Angels,  so I'm not a huge fan of the blue numbers, especially given how red the rest of the jersey is.

My biggest issue is the Los Angeles sleeve patch. I think it's a wild move for this to be the first jersey appearance of "Los Angeles". It's a City Connect jersey, but they went with the surfing SoCal connection which would make sense given the reticence of the Angels to use Los Angeles anywhere, especially at home, and Arte probably wouldn't want an Anaheim themed jersey, so SoCal is a nice middle. But the Los Angeles patch is weird because the jersey doesn't reference Los Angeles (or Anaheim for that matter) at all. So it's a City Connect that doesn't directly reference either city the team is connected to and the release speaks to "Southern California", but they still went with the first appearance of the city least represented by the City Connect.

Anaheim Angels both sound better and look better,  on a sleeve patch, on a scoreboard, everywhere.

Why in the world did they ditch  Anaheim ?

• Applause 1

Late to the Angels City Connect party, but I think overall it’s pretty good. One of the better ones in the program for sure. The only thing that’s holding me up is the diamond + numbers on the front of the jersey, it just looks sort of tacked on and cluttered there. I know the diamond is supposedly referencing Jack’s surfboards and the homage fits the theme, but I’d have rather them used it for the sleeve patch than on the front of the jersey. I think it would’ve been a little cleaner that way.

Overall though? Still pretty good. I think I’d even have it in my top 3 with Miami and Kansas City.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Seeing the black undershirts and black brimmed caps, now I want the socks to be black too. The fading transition from the blue to black on the sleeve works and it would behoove them to put the same effect on the socks.

The Dodgers have one of the weakest City Connect sets and I still think the black "graffiti" spray paint effect on the sleeves is dumb, but I have to admit it works much better paired with black undershirts. I agree about the socks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Discrim said:

everybody hates the Yellow Red Sox city connect, but you at least know what they were going for...

I actually like the Boston City Connect.

I think I appreciate the degree to which they incorporated all the finish line elements. It's also, from an outside observer, found some love in Boston. So if it connects with the city, I suppose that's the whole point.

This is just my subjective opinion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I actually like the Boston City Connect.

I think I appreciate the degree to which they incorporated all the finish line elements. It's also, from an outside observer, found some love in Boston. So if it connects with the city, I suppose that's the whole point.

This is just my subjective opinion.

I know Nike are considered marketing geniuses but I do think it was somewhat of a mistake to introduce the City Connect program with the Boston set because it was such a dramatic departure from their everyday look, which is of course so iconic. I think introducing the program with either the White Sox, Marlins or even Cubs would have better conditioned people to be a little more open-minded to what Boston did. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yea the Red Sox CC is the one that's least associated with the team wearing it. It's like "City" without the "Connect" part, which connects the team to the city. Probably shouldn't have started with that one.

It connected to the team. The marathon runs right past the stadium, they were the first event in Boston after the marathon bombing, and you have David ortiz’ iconic speech before the game. The marathon is probably the thing the team connects most with the city.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dont care said:

It connected to the team. The marathon runs right past the stadium, they were the first event in Boston after the marathon bombing, and you have David ortiz’ iconic speech before the game. The marathon is probably the thing the team connects most with the city.

Yup, and they also wear the alternate jersey every season since on that day in memory of the tragedy. 

22 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I agree. Maybe white belts and black socks would look a little better. Or maybe just go with black belts  as well? 

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

As someone within the Boston media bubble, it was funny to come on here to see that City Connect uniform ranked so poorly. It's very well liked by people in the city. It may be garish, and it may not use team colors, but it nailed the CITY part. 

boston is known for blue and yellow?