MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

It looks like the first bits of design for MLB's 2022 season is starting to make its way out! 

The Giants tweeted out the 2022 Cactus League logo, which is a cool old-school style logo, in my opinion:

---

The full Spring Training logo was shown off by the Padres:

• Like 3

Any word on who the victims of the 'city edition' sets will be in '22?

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There has been a rumor that the Twins are ditching gold next year, and possibly moving to the 'Twins" script that they've been using on social media and scoreboard graphics for the past two seasons (as well as the 2020 Homer Hanky). No idea if it will actually happen or not, as the last I heard about it was about a year ago.

• Like 6

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

14 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

There has been a rumor that the Twins are ditching gold next year, and possibly moving to the 'Twins" script that they've been using on social media and scoreboard graphics for the past two seasons (as well as the 2020 Homer Hanky). No idea if it will actually happen or not, as the last I heard about it was about a year ago.

Speaking of the Twins...Anyone know why their website and social media avatar are using Royal blue and not Navy?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dont care said:

I believe it’ll be the whole league next year

It's supposed to be spaced out over 3-4 years I believe. I also wonder what uniforms the Reds and Cubs will wear for Iowa next year. Probably 1919 World Series for the Reds? 

Cincinnati Reds 1919 Throwback Uniform — UNISWAG

File:Charlie Hollocher 1922.jpeg - Wikimedia Commons

1922 Cubs uniform would be a good look as well.

Chicago Cubs History: Photos of Early Days at Wrigley Field | Time

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2011/05/26/1306457100_8936/539w.jpgOld Time Family Baseball — Red Sox and Cubs to Wear 1918 Throwbacks on...

Or they could go with a 1918 world Series look .

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

14 hours ago, dont care said:

I believe it’ll be the whole league next year

53 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's supposed to be spaced out over 3-4 years I believe. I also wonder what uniforms the Reds and Cubs will wear for Iowa next year. Probably 1919 World Series for the Reds? 

From the Nike website

Developed in collaboration with seven inaugural clubs (Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins, San Francisco Giants), Nike MLB City Connect Series honors the history that binds club, fan, city and culture. In later seasons, the City Connect Series will appear league-wide. 

On 8/18/2021 at 1:33 PM, Brian E said:

also, there's new BP/ST and dugout gear coming. i don't remember if anyone saw the new era leaks on the buyer presentation youtube video from a few months back, but some of it was in there. ST/BP caps are mesh-backed. 

That is great news! The current logo in logo BP hats are probably the worst BP hats ever IMO. Also the classic mesh trucker style is really great. I got a Rays mesh back on-field and its one of my favorite New Era hats in a while.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

10 hours ago, JTernup said:

That is great news! The current logo in logo BP hats are probably the worst BP hats ever IMO. Also the classic mesh trucker style is really great. I got a Rays mesh back on-field and its one of my favorite New Era hats in a while.

Yea the logo in a logo crap is horrible.

I hope the Phillies return to just a bell or the blue P on a red hat.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, BBTV said:

The retail store I left managing recently is selling City Edition gear and the buyers occasionally put the next year's inventory into the system in order to be ahead of the curve. Not sure if these teams are correct but here is what they had inputted for next season: Nationals, Royals, Padres, Brewers, Rockies, and Angels. May not be the teams or may  be more or less but that is what they had listed at least when I had checked it late last month.

1 hour ago, LARangersFan said:

The retail store I left managing recently is selling City Edition gear and the buyers occasionally put the next year's inventory into the system in order to be ahead of the curve. Not sure if these teams are correct but here is what they had inputted for next season: Nationals, Royals, Padres, Brewers, Rockies, and Angels. May not be the teams or may  be more or less but that is what they had listed at least when I had checked it late last month.

God I hope my Cardinals are never involved with this. We will probably get an all red uniform with the Gateway Arch slapped on the background and a cap that reads "we don't care that you don't like our pizza"

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

What's Orange County or Anaheim known for? oranges? the beach? Disneyland?

Every season I hope the Marlins uniforms get fixed. More blue less black!

Very likely will be some kind of Disneyland motif. Beaches are generic and can be associated with any part of SoCal.

• Like 1