MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

7 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

I was thinking about the Hulk thing yesterday.  Looks like there isn’t much purple, so no Hulk comparisons to worry about.

I wish the city connect uniforms were approached like "how do we design the coolest looking baseball uniforms" and not "how do we make these baseball uniforms a community art project"

I don't know why I had high hopes for the Rockies version. I should have known better

• Like 3

On 5/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, spartacat_12 said:

I'm all for more green being used in baseball, but the Rockies have had the same colour scheme for 30 years, and purple is already unique.

Doesn't mean they can't still change for the better. Either consider replacing black with green or drop the secondary color altogether and just be a purple-only team. Even when they lightened their shade of purple a few years ago I still wasn't convinced the black was necessary. 

• Like 1

my City Connect Uni ranking (because I'm killing time before a brewery trip)

1. Miami 

2. Arizona (cream pants were a must) 

3. Southside 

4. KC Royal Fountains (love the cap) 

5. Cubs 

6. Giants

7. Astros

8. Colorado (cap kills it) 

9. Nats

10. Boston

11. Dodgers 

Just my .02    It's Craft Beer Snob time. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, O.C.D said:

I wish the city connect uniforms were approached like "how do we design the coolest looking baseball uniforms" and not "how do we make these baseball uniforms a community art project"

I don't know why I had high hopes for the Rockies version. I should have known better

Amen. I feel like there’s a lot of cool things they could do with my Mariners but they’ll probably just blow it and make the whole design look like a giant 5 foot tall salmon or something.

• LOL 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 5/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, FiddySicks said:

I lived in the house right next door to where Ted Bundy started his killing spree. With another CCSLCer

God, that sounds so haunting, and the part about Ted Bundy, too

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Angels City Connect leak? This was on Angels reddit, but it sure looks like it. Also, I dig it!

Reveal hidden contents

FeIUXwF.jpeg

Looks like the roundel patch says Los Angeles Angels, and if so, somewhat of an interesting direction for a team that brands everything else as “Angels Baseball”. 

Also, look how awful those brims are. New Era just churns out cheaper and cheaper :censored:. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Shumway said:

Angels City Connect leak? This was on Angels reddit, but it sure looks like it. Also, I dig it!

Hide contents

FeIUXwF.jpeg

I wonder what the story is behind that wordmark. My gut tells me it's not a faux back but i'm not sure

• Like 1

The Angels jersey is really sharp. The cream and red color scheme looks great. I love the single sleeve stripe too, reminiscent of board shorts? I don’t love the hat, but I generally don’t like white panel hats anyway. I think making the entire crown cream would be a better look.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shumway said:

Hide contents

FeIUXwF.jpeg

Whoa!   I love it.   It's like if the Angels existed in the 70's.

Wait.

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

God, that sounds so haunting, and the part about Ted Bundy, too

I can't believe I never knew before that Bundy went on that spree with another CCSLCer

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I wonder what the story is behind that wordmark. My gut tells me it's not a faux back but i'm not sure

I'm sure we'll get more backstory with the official reveal, but I've heard the overall theme is just old-timey surf stuff. I'm curious what the diamond around the numbers is from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

I'm sure we'll get more backstory with the official reveal, but I've heard the overall theme is just old-timey surf stuff. I'm curious what the diamond around the numbers is from.

The uniform is surfing/beach themed, despite Anaheim not having a beach

• Like 1