MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

3 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

what about the chew tobacco ban in MLB? 😏

I don't see anyone on the field smoking cigars, do you? 

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Well, a city connect jersey with cigar city on the front, you think that would fly? both with fans and MLB.

The Cigar City shirt isn't part of City Connect. It's a shirt for retail only.  Also...and I'm amazed that I have to explain this to you...wearing a shirt with a historical nickname on it is completely different than using chewing tobacco during a game. 

And yes I think a historical nickname of a city would fly as MLB rules and city nicknames really aren't correlated. 

Detroit's retail shirt said "Motor City" and sports cars aren't allowed on the field of play or in the dugouts either. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Cigar City shirt isn't part of City Connect. It's a shirt for retail only.  Also...and I'm amazed that I have to explain this to you...wearing a shirt with a historical nickname on it is completely different than using chewing tobacco during a game. 

And yes I think a historical nickname of a city would fly as MLB rules and city nicknames really aren't correlated. 

Detroit's retail shirt said "Motor City" and sports cars aren't allowed on the field of play or in the dugouts either. 

right, but tobacco is bad :censored:, worse that alcohol (maybe)  i don't think MLB would approve it on a CC jersey.

8 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

right, but tobacco is bad :censored:, worse that alcohol (maybe)  i don't think MLB would approve it on a CC jersey.

The Smokers throwbacks had the cigar removed from the original uniforms, and it was approved. "Cigar City" probably wouldn't be too different. But the point is moot because, again, this is just a fashion shirt, not related to the City Connect uniforms.

• Like 1

Cigar City is typically a nickname for Tampa proper.  For the Rays who play home games in St Petersburg it's highly unlikely that a city connect says Cigar City on it.  I could be wrong, but i would think its not probable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Cigar City is typically a nickname for Tampa proper.  For the Rays who play home games in St Petersburg it's highly unlikely that a city connect says Cigar City on it.  I could be wrong, but i would think its not probable.

With that said, a Rays' City Connect uni will likely focus more on Tampa than St. Petersburg. Other than a gradient-heavy marine sanctuary motif and/or a beach, what else would be pulled from St Pete? 

1 hour ago, DarthBrett said:

Pirates finally wore their black home alts yesterday. 

spacer.png

great jersey, along with the A's green jersey!

If only they would send  major league caliber teams on the field, so we could see these in the playoffs!

How long has it been now? Ridiculous!

53 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Speaking of Cigar City, I stumbled upon this fantastic concept on Twitter:

tobacco is dangerous and banned in MLB, but weed is legal in certain places, would "Tampa Weedsmokers" be accepted?

😁

• LOL 1

20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

With that said, a Rays' City Connect uni will likely focus more on Tampa than St. Petersburg. Other than a gradient-heavy marine sanctuary motif and/or a beach, what else would be pulled from St Pete? 

Clearly they're gonna use this mural as inspiration for the CC uni. 

Two-hour bike mural tours are on first Saturdays. Make your reservation at  FloridaCraftArt.org. - Picture of Florida CraftArt, St. Petersburg -  Tripadvisor

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

great jersey, along with the A's green jersey!

If only they would send  major league caliber teams on the field, so we could see these in the playoffs!

How long has it been now? Ridiculous!

The Pirates made the playoffs in 2013-15...so seven years ago? And they wore the black jerseys in the playoffs.  The black "Pittsburgh" jerseys are far better than the P jerseys with the silly outlines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

While the future of the team may be in Tampa proper, they sure as heck dont want to pee in the Cheerios of St Pete right now, since the Rays are still looking for a permanent new venue somewhere in the next 5 years or so.  My thought is that we might see something that encompasses the entire Tampa Bay region and not one specific city.  The Skyway Bridge is a design aspect that could be utilized, as well as a Tampa Bay wordmark of some kind since its not used on any current jersey at the moment.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Coors Field staff used to wear these jackets in the 90s:

Rare Vintage Starter '98 All Star Game Colorado Rockies Staff Satin Jacket  Med | eBay

Essentially a 90s/2000s Milwaukee Bucks vibe...but they made it work and it screamed Coors Field.

1998 ASG leaned on Purple and Green as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hopefully this is testing the waters for a rebrand, the green looks so much better than the black they were going with. Plus, only the A's are using green so it would be nice to add a little diversity to the color schemes in the league. 

• Like 5

Anubis.png

3 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

1998 ASG leaned on Purple and Green as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully this is testing the waters for a rebrand, the green looks so much better than the black they were going with. Plus, only the A's are using green so it would be nice to add a little diversity to the color schemes in the league. 

If they do rebrand, it may not be for a few years. Nike will probably want the green and purple to exclusively be on City Connect for a couple of years until the novelty wears off.  Rockies have a 30th anniversary next year, so they might do something new in 2023, but who knows. 

7 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Wouldn't it be awkward if there were a team named after the beer industry........

• Like 2
  • LOL 1